+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ranger Nerf (4/21/16)

Rift Chaser

Default Ranger Nerf (4/21/16)

Well Ranger's viability did not last long.

RIFT 3.6: Hotfix #2 4/21/2016

ROGUE

RANGER
    * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 5%, down from 10%.
    * Raptor's Ferocity now increases damage by 5%, down from 10%.
    * Aggressive Defense now increases the damage bonus of Shadow Fire to 10% and the bonus from the Shadow Fire proc to 35%, down from 15 and 40 respectively.

Not a word about the Pet Attack bug.
    Last edited by Wylf; 04-21-2016 at 07:01 AM.

As intended

Dang, i never got a chance to even test it out.. I liked the Griffon pet too, but I was going to start practicing ranger today and, oh well lol!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Keyens said it was too strong for it's intentions so it was going to happen. Also, Keyens also mentioned that they're looking into the pet attack bug and there isn't currently an ETA on the fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I had just bought a new role slot...wasted.

In all seriousness, I don't think its good from any stand point to have a top ranged spec that relies on pets. I think the concept for ranger is good for leveling, soloing, and some pvp. I don't think it belongs in a coordinated raid setting at all.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Well Ranger's viability did not last long.

RIFT 3.6: Hotfix #2 4/21/2016

ROGUE

RANGER
    * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 5%, down from 10%.
    * Raptor's Ferocity now increases damage by 5%, down from 10%.
    * Aggressive Defense now increases the damage bonus of Shadow Fire to 10% and the bonus from the Shadow Fire proc to 35%, [COLOR="red"]down from 15 and 40 respectively.[/COLOR.
    Below I am attempting to show the changes to Ranger that occurred in the update today and how the 4/13 patch changes have been for the most part eliminated.

The April 13 patch notes are in white below, my comments are in red.

* Greater Griffon reduced to 50% size (down from 75%). -No change.
    * Aggressive Defense mastery now improves the damage bonus provided by Shadow Fire from 10% to 15% -Eliminated and increases the damage bonus provided by the Shadow Fire proc from 30% to 40%. -Reduced 5%
    * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 10% (up from 5%). -Eliminated
    * Shadow Fire now deals 30% more damage on a proc (up from 20%). -No Change
    * Shadow Fire now deals 90% of its damage in PVP (down from 100%). -No change because already a nerf
    And the iceing on the cake was today Ranger was hit with yet another nerf * Raptor's Ferocity now increases damage by 5%, down from 10%. -Reduced 5%

When it's all added up, Rangers you received a Greater Griffon reduced to 50% size (down from 75%).

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGregg View Post
    Below I am attempting to show the changes to Ranger that occurred in the update today and how the 4/13 patch changes have been for the most part eliminated.

The April 13 patch notes are in white below, my comments are in red.

* Greater Griffon reduced to 50% size (down from 75%). -No change.
    * Aggressive Defense mastery now improves the damage bonus provided by Shadow Fire from 10% to 15% -Eliminated and increases the damage bonus provided by the Shadow Fire proc from 30% to 40%. -Reduced 5%
    * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 10% (up from 5%). -Eliminated
    * Shadow Fire now deals 30% more damage on a proc (up from 20%). -No Change
    * Shadow Fire now deals 90% of its damage in PVP (down from 100%). -No change because already a nerf
    And the iceing on the cake was today Ranger was hit with yet another nerf * Raptor's Ferocity now increases damage by 5%, down from 10%. -Reduced 5%

When it's all added up, Rangers you received a Greater Griffon reduced to 50% size (down from 75%).

This isn't quite true.

First, Shadow Fire was originally 5% increased ranged damage. The mastery was reworked to allow it to go to 10% (a 5% buff). Raptor's Ferocity is brand new which is another 5% buff. Lastly Shadow Fire procs make up a substantial DPS increase. Rangers are performing notably better than they were before 3.6.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Croix01 View Post
    In all seriousness, I don't think its good from any stand point to have a top ranged spec that relies on pets. I think the concept for ranger is good for leveling, soloing, and some pvp. I don't think it belongs in a coordinated raid setting at all.
    Makes no sense at all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    This isn't quite true.

First, Shadow Fire was originally 5% increased ranged damage. The mastery was reworked to allow it to go to 10% (a 5% buff). Raptor's Ferocity is brand new which is another 5% buff. Lastly Shadow Fire procs make up a substantial DPS increase. Rangers are performing notably better than they were before 3.6.
    But is it viable in a raid/group setting now?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    This isn't quite true.

I don't want to appear to be disrespectful, I just want to point out the specific language used in the Patch notes:

1. "Raptor's Ferocity is brand new which is another 5% buff."
    • ĽApril 21 Patch Notes-"Raptor's Ferocity now increases damage by 5%, down from 10%."
    It seems to me that if Raptor's Ferocity has been reduced then it must have been in place prior to today's patch.

2. "First, Shadow Fire was originally 5% increased ranged damage. The mastery was reworked to allow it to go to 10% (a 5% buff)."
    • April 13 Patch Notes - * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 10% (up from 5%).
    • April 21 Patch Notes- * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 5%, down from 10%.
    Perhaps I was imprecise in the language used, I said "-Eliminated " what I was trying to express was that the 5% Buff that Ranger received on April 13 was eliminated, not that Shadow Fire was eliminated completely. So I will concede that this definitely could have been stated better.

Bottom line is the devs were very clear in their vision for Ranger, in that they would like it to come in higher than it was pre 3.6, but it's primary purpose was still going to be mostly for solo/dungeon content, and not meant to be a competitive single target ranged soul for relevant tier raiding.

With the buff, Ranger was parsing higher than Marksman a lot of the time, and Ranger in PVP is also quite ridiculous. Because of this, it was adjusted back down. You can still use it in raid if you want to, but for relevant tier (i.e. Tier 3 currently), and on any fight you cannot play melee (or are playing ranged for unique roles) Marksman is going to be better, and that, I think, was the goal they were trying to achieve.

Storm Legion is over, let go of your top dog Ranger specs people. =P
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Plane Walker

Ranger still pulled some respectable numbers similar to MM, though this is only because of the Raptor's cleave ability, which managed to hit some nearby targets on the dummies in TB. It will ultimately pull less than MM because the RNG fluctuation as well as managing a pet is kinda whatever. Just have fun with it in PvP.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    »\_(ツ)_/»

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    Bottom line is the devs were very clear in their vision for Ranger, in that they would like it to come in higher than it was pre 3.6, but it's primary purpose was still going to be mostly for solo/dungeon content, and not meant to be a competitive single target ranged soul for relevant tier raiding.
    Interesting statement. So it's not really play any class and any spec you want/like.

There are the premium classes, those the Dev's want. Ok I can work with that. How about a freakin list.
    Want to Raid, play x, y or z.
    Want to PvP play 1, 2 or 3.

Just someone please list the rules of the game, tell us which spec's to ignore because they will always be scrub specs.

Quote Originally Posted by SafraLynn View Post
    Interesting statement. So it's not really play any class and any spec you want/like.

There are the premium classes, those the Dev's want. Ok I can work with that. How about a freakin list.
    Want to Raid, play x, y or z.
    Want to PvP play 1, 2 or 3.

Just someone please list the rules of the game, tell us which spec's to ignore because they will always be scrub specs.
    Oh please. Don't tell me you honestly believe that. To be honest, I love playing phys. I don't use it as a dps spec because it's dps sucks and I can't pull my weight. You can play literally any spec you want. Doesn't mean you're going to be able to make the dps checks or get invited to groups. Just because it's not optimal doesn't mean you can't play it. I don't tank in phys because I'd get wrecked every time. Specs have "roles" and situations where they excel. The devs have pointed out that they want ranger to be a spec centered around soloing. That does not mean you cannot play it whenever you want, but you shouldn't be surprised when your raid/group asks you to play a different spec or leave because it is weaker. Trion created the game centered around being able to play the roles you want, which you can. Just because that's what Trion wants, doesn't mean that's what the players you're playing with will adhere to.

tl;dr: specs are situational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast