+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stat weight question for min-max raiders

Plane Touched

Default Stat weight question for min-max raiders

Hello,

I'm at a point where I'm having to make some choices between gear moving into T3, and I could really use some input from people who know.

Does anyone know the current stat weighting for some of the popular specs?
    Assassin
    Marksman
    Nightblade
    If there is much of a difference

I've been basically going by 1 AP = .95 dex = .77 CP = .44 Str = .33 crit hit

Also I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how much CP is worth weighted AFTER softcap. I have to make decisions on whether it is better to sacrifice overall stat gains to stay under softcap or to go over softcap for overall stat boosts. (Example using my stat weighting I am looking to increase my stats by 291 points, but I'd be 70 CP over softcap, or I can increase my stats by 269 points, and be 100 below softcap)

If anyone could enlighten me I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEternis View Post
    Hello,

I'm at a point where I'm having to make some choices between gear moving into T3, and I could really use some input from people who know.

Does anyone know the current stat weighting for some of the popular specs?
    Assassin
    Marksman
    Nightblade
    If there is much of a difference

I've been basically going by 1 AP = .95 dex = .77 CP = .44 Str = .33 crit hit

Also I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how much CP is worth weighted AFTER softcap. I have to make decisions on whether it is better to sacrifice overall stat gains to stay under softcap or to go over softcap for overall stat boosts. (Example using my stat weighting I am looking to increase my stats by 291 points, but I'd be 70 CP over softcap, or I can increase my stats by 269 points, and be 100 below softcap)

If anyone could enlighten me I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks
    CP is worth 0.6 after soft cap. so 0.95 dex, 0.45 str, 0.6 CP, 0.45 phys crit. mainly the CP is what matters, the phys crit varies on your gear

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

RIFT Guide Writer

A little clarification on the 0.6 ratio before someone starts stacking CP above the softcap, it's the default ratio in itemization between AP and CP. It's a mathematical value used to identify which CP items are good value and then use those to get to the softcap and then use AP and crit items for the other slots. Stacking CP above the softcap gives almost no benefit.

Also the 0.95 value for dex is too low. It doesn't factor in the 5% stat bonus you get from support buffs and quite many of our current specs also have +10% dex from talents (ambidextrous from BD tree). With those calculated in the weight for dex is 1.02 or 1.12.

Quick question on the stat weights. How exactly do you use them to determine which gear is better? I tried putting together a spreadsheet, but a lot of the outcomes didn't seem to make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I'll give you an example Art.

Let's take some in-the-ballpark weights:
    Dex 1.02
    Str 0.45
    AP 1
    PC 0.45
    CP 0.6

To calculate weights, multiply each weight by the amount of the stat on the item and add them up.

Example:

Celebratory Bauble
    287*1.02+192*.45+125*1 = 504.14

Vicious Bauble
    236*1.02+182*.45+239*.45 = 430.17

Therefore math confirms Celebratory Bauble (upgraded) > Vicious Bauble.

Hmm that's what I've been doing. Maybe the results will make more sense when I use the right values. My dex value was way too low.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

On a related note, Clerics, Mages, and Warriors have a public spreadsheet where you plug in your own gear and it calculates your personal weights for you. Anyone know of a similar one for rogues?

I have one, but I didn't make it public because I couldn't figure out how to make Google Sheets locally editable without forcing you to save a copy to your drive.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I have one, but I didn't make it public because I couldn't figure out how to make Google Sheets locally editable without forcing you to save a copy to your drive.
    That is the only way.
    Google Sheets are on cloud storage and auto synced, there's no 'local' in this context, they would have to make a copy which redirects to a different url to separate modifications from the original one.

Yeah I figured as much. There are a few other spreadsheet hosting sites, but none of them are as clean and smooth as Google Sheets.

Looks like I have a few gear changes to make. My stat weights were more off than I thought.
    Last edited by Artewig; 04-18-2016 at 07:35 AM.

Rift Chaser

After softcap CP is worth 1/5 as much. So if you use a weight of 0.6, it'd be 0.12 after softcap.

Plane Touched

Thank you very much everyone, that helps a lot. I have been over-valuing the Warmonger gear in my calculations by quite a bit based on these numbers.

Soulwalker

What's a good number to use for PC at t3?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aegileader View Post
    What's a good number to use for PC at t3?

.45 as told by previous posts.
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 05-03-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Soulwalker

The post in question mentions the .45 value and then says that it depends on your gear in the same breath so I just wanted a better estimate.
    Last edited by Aegileader; 05-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast