+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ameteus
  • 2 Post By Chillor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ranger - Pet stops an attack

Unhappy Ranger - Pet stops an attack

Tried with different pets in different situations and still have a problem:

My pet is stops attacking anything after I use finisher, it happened in about 15% chance after any my finisher. I think it is something with pet heal, because after finisher I hear my pet using heal and after that it just sits and do nothing. Also I have a macro for /petattack on one of mine abilities and pet ignoring that command after "freeze". What can help is only leaving a combat or using /petfollow, and /petattack again.

Ranger - Pet stops an attack-111.jpg
    Последние патчноты на русском
    Ameteus / Zhuga / Zentshi / Krilos @Zaviel
    "In Hoc Signo Vinces"

Unhappy

Respec.
    Resummon.
    Killing Pets.

Not working =(
    Last edited by Ameteus; 04-18-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    "In Hoc Signo Vinces"

Soulwalker

Mine does as well.. Can't seem to find any cause. But the (annoying) workaround is to Ctrl-2 (follow) and then Ctrl-1 (attack) and that wakes him back up. Otherwise he just sits there. He will spin to face enemies, but is pinned in place. It's almost like it's a pathing bug...?

This started with the latest 3.6 patch. Hopefully they address this pronto!
    Last edited by rotorcraft621; 04-17-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Thank you for the workaround tip. It worked. Unfortunately only about 2.45 seconds until pet got stuck again.

It looks like there are several levels of this bug. Sometimes simple macro command 'petattack attack' overcome pet's lazyness and makes it work again. Sometimes doesn't. And sometimes even ctrl+2 (follow) ctrl+1 (attack) won't force pet to get to boss at all.

Atop of the frustration I just bring my ranger to the old instance and pet was bugged on every single boss (!) I have encountered. I sincerely hope Trion does have such issue on high priority

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

We are looking into it, but I currently do not have an ETA on a fix. It appears to be a hard to track down 100% repro on what makes it break on any specific cast of Rejuvenate that the pet does, which in turn makes this a very difficult bug to fix. It is something we are looking at though.

Plane Walker

I gave up on my ranger because of this same thing. I'd go on about my stuff and the pet would stay behind. It happened more with the pig, so I think he was probably nuzzling at some munchies he found.

Thank you for reply Keyens.

If there's addon / tool that will track down chronology of the commands + pet's response + variables + memory usage I would happily help to track that bug down and zap it.

In my case restarting PC helped. Rift still suffers with some memory leak and game slowly crippling whole OS (win 8.1) the longer it's running.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    We are looking into it, but I currently do not have an ETA on a fix. It appears to be a hard to track down 100% repro on what makes it break on any specific cast of Rejuvenate that the pet does, which in turn makes this a very difficult bug to fix. It is something we are looking at though.
    Good to know that this bug is tracked =)

Ranger - Pet stops an attack-333.jpg
    "In Hoc Signo Vinces"

Rift Disciple

I have this problem a lot too.

Sometimes he just stops fighting and stands in place and then the mob runs over to attack me.

The pig pet also seems to often stay at a dead body rather than return to me so I have to hit follow to get him to return.

Sometimes during a raid boss fight the pig will stop attacking and run back to me.

It no longer matters except when soloing/leveling since ranger got hit with nerf bat again today!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    Infiltrator Johlen (second boss in Greenscale's Blight) is extremely successful in activating the pet bug. It's one of the encounters pet loses motivation to attack every 10 seconds during his non-stealth phase.

Soulwalker

I've noticed it happens a lot during Rift stage changes with multiple mobs. When a stage changes and multiple mobs spawn, my pet will attack the first mob but then stall out and stand in place after that.

If you tell your pet to stop attacking and then start attacking your current target, he'll go back to attacking and it's a 50/50 chance he'll stop again after that.

Rift Chaser

As a workaround, you can put

petcast bloodied blow

at the bottom of any macros you might have. Should keep your raptor attacking. If you're using a different pet, replace bloodied blow with a skill from your pet's bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    As a workaround, you can put

petcast bloodied blow

at the bottom of any macros you might have. Should keep your raptor attacking. If you're using a different pet, replace bloodied blow with a skill from your pet's bar.
    I would say make a separate macro with this, so that you can still fight multiple targets. If you put it at the bottom of your main macros, your pet will attack whatever you're attacking.
    Last edited by Artewig; 04-27-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread