+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tuudawgs

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What did they do to rangers?

Rift Chaser

Default What did they do to rangers?

I missed the announcement of changes? Pet heal gone? New popup for damage ability? (I'll have to look up the name).

From the patch notes:

RANGER
    * Greater Griffon reduced to 50% size (down from 75%).
    * Aggressive Defense mastery now improves the damage bonus provided by Shadow Fire from 10% to 15% and increases the damage bonus provided by the Shadow Fire proc from 30% to 40%.
    * Shadow Fire now increases Ranged Damage by 10% (up from 5%).
    * Shadow Fire now deals 30% more damage on a proc (up from20%).
    * Shadow Fire now deals 90% of its damage in PVP (down from 100%).
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Unfortunately, there is no mention of what happened to the Rangers pet heal. I logged in today, and was missing an icon on my main bar. Got into a mob fight and realized that it was my Heal Pet ability that was gone!

How am I supposed to keep my pet alive now?

Rift Chaser

Thanks Artewig. That Shadow Fire now pops up as an active button when it procs.

Soulwalker

Look at the Ranger spec now, the heal is now a passive that procs off of finishers

What are you guys parsing with Ranger? A guildie showed me a 5m parse of 78k on a 67 raid dummy last night in full T2. That's pretty good for an "open world" spec, lol!

I'm going to do some testing myself today after I get home from work, but if it's that good, we're going to see a lot more Ranger's probably.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

89k earlier, 3 minute parse.. mixed t2/t3 gear.. 67 boss dummy, no splash. with cost reduction mastery.
    Last edited by Jilli; 04-14-2016 at 08:17 AM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Ranger is coming in a bit higher than intended with the changes, so will likely receive some tweaking down in the coming patches.

That said, a TL;DR version of the changes is as follows
    New Ranged Pet.
    Rejuvenation is now a passive effect on all finishers
    Shadow Fire has a chance to have its cd reset and deal more damage
    Mastery reworked to account for the above change

Quote Originally Posted by Jilli View Post
    89k earlier, 3 minute parse.. mixed t2/t3 gear.. 67 boss dummy, no splash. with cost reduction mastery.
    It's kind of weird the disparity in parses, how much T3 do you have? do you have T3 weapons/trink? The Rogue friend I know had mostly T2 with some left side T3.

If I remember right, Ranger is very simple to play and its not difficult to min/max, unless something has changed? using 12 sin 3 nb? Any change to legacy rotation?
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    It's kind of weird the disparity in parses, how much T3 do you have? do you have T3 weapons/trink? The Rogue friend I know had mostly T2 with some left side T3.

If I remember right, Ranger is very simple to play and its not difficult to min/max, unless something has changed? using 12 sin 3 nb? Any change to legacy rotation?
    It's probably due to the Shadow Fire rng. When I was playing it on Estrode last night, it wasn't very consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post

Full t3 armor, t2 relic weaps, rest mixed t3 and t2, some t2 parts being relic. t2 trinket
    Last edited by Jilli; 04-14-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Plane Walker

Ranger was doing 91k on a 3 min parse with L65 Cost Reduction Mastery. Will post findings later. I had the 11 MM / 4 NB subsouls, but 12 Assassin / 3 NB may be better. Also heard 8/7 spread was stronger on another thread, but yeah, again, changes may be needed for this OP soul right now lol.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    Ranger is coming in a bit higher than intended with the changes, so will likely receive some tweaking down in the coming patches.

That said, a TL;DR version of the changes is as follows
    New Ranged Pet.
    Rejuvenation is now a passive effect on all finishers
    Shadow Fire has a chance to have its cd reset and deal more damage
    Mastery reworked to account for the above change
    Sorry for being so slow here, don't take my Ranger out every day (too many alts) anyways, this means we no longer have the ability to heal our pet at all other than off finishers?

The ranger spec is disgusting and it should just return the way it was.

The damn rangers running around in pvp doing massive dmg now is insane.
    There is no burst, but the high steady dmg done is just insane.

So just please revert it or nerf the damn diffuse to something like 50% in pvp.

Before anyone gets butthurt this is just my opinion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Latan View Post
    The ranger spec is disgusting and it should just return the way it was.

The damn rangers running around in pvp doing massive dmg now is insane.
    There is no burst, but the high steady dmg done is just insane.

So just please revert it or nerf the damn diffuse to something like 50% in pvp.

Before anyone gets butthurt this is just my opinion.

Ranger was a good spec back in early NT. It just had Pet AI problems and never really took off because MM quickly became FoTM shortly after. Diffuse has always been an OP ability. It isn't a new thing. People said it was OP when they were nerfing TT and JP and they brought it up again when they nerfed those same abilities again. Heck I think they nerfed TT 3x already(once indirectly with absorb changes) and haven't looked at diffuse once.

I remember the people advocating for it to stay OP too. Pet heal + AoE kept the pet alive even through some of the best burst in the game at the time and it basically was a frontline tank for your team not to mention you could resummon the pet instantly.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-29-2016 at 07:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread