+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue dps tank spec?

Plane Walker

Default Rogue dps tank spec?

Hello people just wondering if anyone know a good tank dps spec for running NTE's with... They are so boring to do but I need to change it to make it interesting and most of the time I get que pop as tank. As healer in good group I just use my Bard spec and in DD I use Bd or Nb.

I remember in SL there was a Sin Rs spec that was really good and bursty with high damage numbers. (Eione if you still come here halp me )
    Last edited by Strikey; 04-06-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Ive been using 61RS 12BD 3Sab for the longest time for dungeons, it decimates large packs, because of strike back. and use dps gear
    Last edited by Anmoa; 04-06-2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to add using dps gear

Plane Walker

61 points tho way too much in RS for dd tank i was looking like 20-30 max?
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Chaser

Way back in like 2.5 back when I played and raided there was a 44 Hybrid build but that was so long ago and I am sure with all the changes you may sit and look at the soul trees then run some test I think I ran 44RS and BD for the rest way before all the current tree changes the RS has some more tools they did not back in the day.

I use to run it when I out geared a dungeon I remember one time I forgot my tank armor and I did not even know until after we completed the dungeon.

I went to 44 for planar attraction.

Rift Disciple

Well, whatever build you go with should include strike back from BD it is insanely good with dps gear in dungeons easily contributing 100k dps in trash packs

I use 51/25 Bladedancer/Riftstalker. Because Guardian Phase has such a large bonus to armor/resists/HP, In full T2 DPS gear I end up at around 95k HP with 200k+ armor. Using Blade and Soul Parity with your Bladedancer AoE channels generates a LOT of damage, as well as threat. With 25 in RS you also pick up blinks that trigger 15% crit chance and damage as well as generating passive threat with the pulse. I may eventually do a guide on the build I made, but I think there are quite a few folks out there who use this type of setup. It's really easy to hybridize Riftstalker with anything for a dps tank, because its such a small point investment to get the tank buff. This is easiest to accomplish with at least a tier 1 puri/phys/preserver from the shielding, because you have less hp, but any class can tank heal you if you're careful and they have around t1/t2. It's a lot of fun, and with a group of geared folks, I can typically end ST fights at around 55-65k, and AoE trash fights I've seen in the mid 250k region at times. Very powerful spec.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    I use 51/25 Bladedancer/Riftstalker. Because Guardian Phase has such a large bonus to armor/resists/HP, In full T2 DPS gear I end up at around 95k HP with 200k+ armor. Using Blade and Soul Parity with your Bladedancer AoE channels generates a LOT of damage, as well as threat. With 25 in RS you also pick up blinks that trigger 15% crit chance and damage as well as generating passive threat with the pulse. I may eventually do a guide on the build I made, but I think there are quite a few folks out there who use this type of setup. It's really easy to hybridize Riftstalker with anything for a dps tank, because its such a small point investment to get the tank buff. This is easiest to accomplish with at least a tier 1 puri/phys/preserver from the shielding, because you have less hp, but any class can tank heal you if you're careful and they have around t1/t2. It's a lot of fun, and with a group of geared folks, I can typically end ST fights at around 55-65k, and AoE trash fights I've seen in the mid 250k region at times. Very powerful spec.
    Thanks for the reply chamber I knew 20-30 max in RS was enough but couldn't find a decent spread on other souls and was mainly focusing on Sin or Nb. I will try sort this out and do some runs with it.

+ Reply to Thread