+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig

Thread: ideal rogue specs per fight

Telaran

Default ideal rogue specs per fight

Could some progues shed some light on what are the "ideal" specs for specific T2/T3 fights? I realize that at a certain gearing level "it doesn't matter" ... but ideally if you were right at the hit requirement (1200/1400) what would they be?

GP
    Anrak: 61 Sin? BD because of adds? NB?
    Gurloth: 61 Sin?
    etc.

HK? Most folks these days go 6/11 ...

MoM? Say 2/9? I've got a ways to go before 1400 hit ... :-|

I use 54 Sin/22 BD for almost every fight. On Anrak you can use BD if your group's AoE dps is low and on Lord Arak, it's helpful to have 1-2 BDs. King and Prince and Estrode, I use either Sab or MM. Other than those fights, I play SinBD for every T2/3 fight.

Edit: forgot Matron and Zilas. Matron I'm almost always on the books so I play Sin, but BD when not doing books. Zilas would be NB as Nebucent said. Haven't killed Zilas in a long time.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-26-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Touched

A bit subjective/strat dependent but here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    GP
    Anrak: 61 Sin? BD because of adds? NB?
    Gurloth: 61 Sin?
    etc.
    Anrak: 61 NB

Guurloth: Assdancer/61 Sin.

Thal: 38/38

Urul: Assdancer/61 Sin, 61 BD/61 NB.

HK? Most folks these days go 6/11 ...|
    Murdantix: Assdancer/61 Sin.

Rune King: 61 Marksman.

Estrode: 61 Marksman (game's hard), 61 NB.

Matron: 61 NB/61 BD.

Sicaron: 38/38, Assdancer.

Zilas: 61 NB.

MoM? Say 2/9? I've got a ways to go before 1400 hit ... :-|
    Pagura: Assdancer/61 Sin, possibly 38/38.

Arak: Assdancer/61 Sin, 61 BD.

You are better of playing BD/sin over 61 sin in every fight they are reccomended for.
    If you are looking for the "ideal" spec as the thread says, there are rly few encounters where you go 61 over BD/sin, if there is any.

Plane Walker

IGP:

Use Assdancer for every fight.

Marksman on the last fight if you're not comfortable with melee since you have to move around a little more than the other fights while managing damage buffs (additionally, your raid lead may ask you to purge the boss, which is very important).

61 Sin/12 Bladedancer is also viable since you have two charges for frequent disconnects and an interrupt.

HK:

1. Murdantix: Depends on your raid lead, but it should either be Marksman or 61 Sin for frequent disconnects. NB/Sin is also strong, but I honestly don't even use an NB/Sin build for anything.

2. Matron: Either Marksman or Saboteur. You can run 61 Nightblade for cleave, but often that leads you a little too close to the cleave range of the boss. I don't really run Nightblade for anything other than PvP anyway. Apparently some people run 61 Bladedancer, but our raid just stands away from the boss/adds and cleaves off the boss at range.

3. King/Prince: Marksman or Saboteur. Either of those choices depends on your raid's strategy really.

4. Inquisitor: Assdancer. It's literally a boss parse.

5. Sicaron: Assdancer. Nothing else compares so far.

6. Estrode: Marksman/Saboteur if boss is being kited around the pond or Nightblade/Assdancer if boss is being held in the middle.

I'm guessing this is assuming that you have a fair spread of other classes in your raid, and it's very strategy-dependent, so there you go :P
    Last edited by Wonski; 03-28-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Rift Disciple

Hi, follow up question(s) from another Rogue newbie:

I assumed NB would be a good choice for Murdantix for helping out on the adds on the last phase but dont see anyone mentioning it. Am I missing something?

Also, if I dont have Assdancer, is it safe to assume Sin is the next best spec on fights that people recommend Assdancer for?

And sorry if this is slightly off topic but if I lag a lot (very low fps) is learning Assdancer still a good idea? Is Sin more lag-friendly?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Reila; 03-29-2016 at 03:33 AM.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Hi, follow up question(s) from another Rogue newbie:

I assumed NB would be a good choice for Murdantix for helping out on the adds on the last phase but dont see anyone mentioning it. Am I missing something?

Also, if I dont have Assdancer, is it safe to assume Sin is the next best spec on fights that people recommend Assdancer for?

And sorry if this is slightly off topic but if I lag a lot (very low fps) is learning Assdancer still a good idea? Is Sin more lag-friendly?

Thanks for your help!
    NB is okay, good disconnect and aoe, but it's ST isn't nearly as high. You should be letting the Shamans and Riftblades focus on the adds. Personally I would recommend learning Assdancer because it's a fun spec and it's output is high. As for the lag issue, it's not really any less forgiving than Sin. Just make sure you're always using Serpent Strike while it's procced to keep the cd short.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    IGP:

Use Assdancer for every fight.

Marksman on the last fight if you're not comfortable with melee since you have to move around a little more than the other fights while managing damage buffs (additionally, your raid lead may ask you to purge the boss, which is very important).
    I agree here.

61 Sin/12 Bladedancer is also viable since you have two charges for frequent disconnects and an interrupt.
    Debatable. The boss doesn't move a whole lot and when it does, it's not very quickly. There really isn't a point where you would need two charges within 15s that On the Double can't solve.

1. Murdantix: Depends on your raid lead, but it should either be Marksman or 61 Sin for frequent disconnects. NB/Sin is also strong, but I honestly don't even use an NB/Sin build for anything.
    I recommend Sinbd here because it gives you the On the Double without sacrificing dps. I would say MM only if you're forced to be an out-ranger.

2. Matron: Either Marksman or Saboteur. You can run 61 Nightblade for cleave, but often that leads you a little too close to the cleave range of the boss. I don't really run Nightblade for anything other than PvP anyway. Apparently some people run 61 Bladedancer, but our raid just stands away from the boss/adds and cleaves off the boss at range.
    I wouldn't recommend Marksman at all for that boss. Sab is okay aoe, but really low ST, so not really recommended. 61 BD has almost as good ST, high aoe burst, and an interrupt. 61 NB is fine, still has good aoe with good ST on the boss.

5. Sicaron: Assdancer. Nothing else compares so far.
    NB/Sin is also a contender. Disconnect, and things line up a little better than the Sin-based specs.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

So currently it seems like Assasin/BladeDancer is preferred over 61 sin. Why is that?

I thought 61 sin was the top melee ST dps spec for rogues?

Is there any reason at all to run 61 sin in PVE?

So currently it seems like Assasin/BladeDancer is preferred over 61 sin. Why is that?

I thought 61 sin was the top melee ST dps spec for rogues?

Is there any reason at all to run 61 sin in PVE?
    Sinbd has a bit more utility on top of having incredibly high single target damage. It has an interrupt, high burst, a runspeed buff (without sacrificing dps), some AoE, the ability to do damage from behind (really only applies to Guurloth), and it seems to handle target swapping a little better (though you have to manage Expose Weakness since you don't have Manslaughter, nor do you use Assassin finishers. Well, most don't.)

As for 61 Sin, it's perfectly viable. You can play it in nearly every fight and do pretty well.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-31-2016 at 02:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread