+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ***/NB PvP build

Soulwalker

Default ***/NB PvP build

Hey all, just came back from a long break and have recently hit 65 and gearing with PvP.

I've always loved the Assassin/NB PvP builds, are these still viable today? If so could anyone link me a good one or two?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TRJB; 03-23-2016 at 05:14 AM.

You can use this if you want more of a dueling NBsin with twilight transcendence. Mind you that Twilight Transcendence took a nerf in pvp a couple of months ago.
    If you dont care about TT, i can suggest this since its higher damage but feel free to tune it as you want.

The old NBsin from Storm Legion might be also worth mentioning since its the only of the hybrids that can get Hidden Veil. Keep in mind it does less damage than the Nightmare Tide Nbsin hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    If you dont care about TT, i can suggest this since its higher damage but feel free to tune it as you want.
    Tweaked a little bit, go for this one if u dont care about TT

Plane Walker

For Assassin, I just run 61 Sin/12 BD/3 RS. You have two movement utilities (Sprint, Shadow Shift), an interrupt, and two charges (Leaping Plunge, Flash of Steel), in addition to the BD dodge utility (which I can't recall off the top of my head atm). You should keep Enfeebling up for the mitigation.

For Nightblade, I have it adjusted to 55 Nightblade/12 Bladedancer/9 RS (<--Edit: change Strike Back to Reprisal) You have an interrupt, a charge, and a cleave, along with two movement utilities (Sprint, Shadow Shift). I chose to do this instead of doing 61 Nightblade/12 BD/0 RS or 61 Nightblade/15 RS/ 0 MM or whatever other variant because I personally like to have it between the two latter builds, which results in a hybrid of good utility and decent tankiness. Some people may disagree with it though.

I run it because 61 Nightblade/12 BD/3 RS is only good for the burst, but with CDs down, you're pretty much screwed. Also, you sacrifice some DPS for the interrupt, so your burst isn't going to be as strong as 11 Ranger instead of 12 Bladedancer. If you use 15 Riftstalker, you don't have an interrupt or a charge that roots your opponent, and you still want to be able to stay in melee range of your target as much as possible. You only have a 45s CD teleport, which isn't all that reliable. For the most part, you are out of stealth, and when you are in stealth, you move very slowly anyway, unless you want to burn your movement utilities in stealth. You just have stealth to use Dark Malady and buff the rest of your damage anyway, so I prefer having a build that can remain out of stealth for a good period of time while having a drain/strong ST/decent cleave, hence the points invested in Rifstalker. 61 Bladedancer is another option, but that's more focused on AoE and is poor with disconnects.

You also have the 40 Nightblade and 38/38 builds that were posted above, which are fine, since you have a Slip-Away, but I don't find them particularly helpful when you can just run 61 Sin instead with all the mitigation you get (Cloak and Dagger, Enfeebling, etc.).
    Last edited by Wonski; 03-28-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread