+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem With Motif

Champion

Default Problem With Motif

I have run into a problem with motifs not auto renewing. It will stop renewing for a bit then start again that stop again. Seems random. I first started seeing this problem during the Pagura fight. Has anyone run into this before ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not encountered this issue before.

Might be a dumb question, but are you using your finishers (codas) with 5 combo points while motifs are already up? And have a point in Bardic Inspiration in your Bard soul tree?

Champion

I run the standard 61/11/4 build and yes, I use the finishers. This is a recent problem that started last Tuesday night. I have been barding in raids since before the auto refresh and this is a first for me. My thought was maybe the server wasn't getting all the data sometimes and not seeing the requirements were met for auto refresh. I'm at a loss here so I thought to ask if anyone else had seen this.

My best guess would be using a coda with less than 5 combo points. If you do, you don't have a 100% chance to reapply the combo points and when they fall off, you have to either reapply them, or use power chord to get them back up. Personally, I haven't barded Pagura before, but there are several transition phases. If you use Virtuoso at the start, you it'll be up for the first golem, so you can use power chord or a coda if Riff is up on Pagura if you're far away from the golem, and then Virtuoso to get jeopardy, distress, cowardice up (probably easier for you to put them all up instead of the chon, at least for the golem) and it minimizes the downtime where motifs could potentially fall off.

Anyway, not sure if downtime is causing the issue (personally, I haven't run into an issue with motifs not refreshing), but that's how I would probably play it on Pagura.

Edit: seeing your latest post, there could be an issue, can't really deny it since I haven't played bard recently.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-18-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Does this happen outside of Pagura encounter as well?

Are you using an addon to track the motifs? If so, did check if the motifs were refreshed in the default in-game UI?

Champion

I haven't noticed it outside pagura. I didn't notice it on Arak. I tried to reproduce it over a 15 minute dummy battering but no joy.

I use Kalert to track Resonance absence so if the rather large icon goes away I know the motifs got dropped. I didn't think to check the normal self buffs.

Thanks for the suggestions, I just wanted to know if I was chasing a known problem and hope for an easy fix. I'll be more observant next time I'm there.

I really think somehow the status of my combat points (5) is getting lost somehow and the server is seeing less than 5, or maybe none since when it starts it never renews motifs.

This might be far fetched, but maybe someone in your raid was overwriting your motifs.

I'm not sure (and can't test atm.), but I think if someone else casts some motif or inspiration and overwrites yours, you'd still have resonance up as it lasts for 20 seconds, but your codas wouldn't refresh the motif casted by someone else.

+ Reply to Thread