+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadeborn Feedback Thread

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nephenee View Post
    Here my Question:

Why also the Shadeborn single target Attacks are reduced in damage by 15%
    The tooltip is a bit ambiguous. The other damage refers to damage that is not Bond of Night damage.

Any chance applying Bond of Night can be changed to not break stealth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

On top of that^

What are the chances of getting Consuming Depths ogcd? It takes up a gcd and doesn't give a combo point. I think it would be much more comfortable to play if it was ogcd, even if damage was reduced to balance the change.
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Rift Master

i dont suppose u can get a fix so that bond of night range is affected by the range buff on Arisen arak.
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Telaran

I feel shadeborn is still hard to play using 2 button mouse and keyboard...PLaying a class in Rifts requires FROM DESIGN ... naga razor mouse and a keypad orbweaver ...?!!

First, in WF and pvp playing Shadeborn it s a waste of time...and made me think it was a waste of my money...

Shadeborn it s a failure as design... it doesn t excel on ST damage nor aoe damage...

61 Sin does comparable damage on ST and it s way easier to macro and play ...
    Nightblade it s way better for aoe damage ...
    Marksman it s the way to go in raid and Wfs....

All this made me feel that rogue it s a dead class...
    Shadeborn was a try to make rogue something that it s not ment to be...TO DPS 2 TARGETS ? WHY FOR GOD SAKE DO THAT?
    About dps being too high and people asking to lower the damage...this made me feel disgusted...

If a company change classes only because 1 or 2 or 100 players ask it in forum it s dangerous...
    Trion should test it first ... but i doubt trion has enough resources and use enough testers to evaluate the viability of this soul in pvp ...
    In Pve we re talking about bringing down a boss not 10 not 100 ...so ST damage...range or melee...Shadeborn it s a hard to play and it s a waste of nerves and time as ST in raids...lol

So what are we talking about in this thread?

About Shadeborn and it s usability?
    All i see u re talking about dpsing dummies...for hours ..?! really ? In pvp u need to move to hide to run ...blah blah ...in raids i doubt rogues use Shadeborn,...so why are u all discussing a dead soul ?

Assasin needs improvements...
    After last patch i felt my Marksman has slower animations....and i m using 980 gtx ti...
    We rogues need a viable soul...

Shadeborn was designed to fool rogues ... feel dispointed and switch class...

Thank u Trion...

I m not thinking of changing class... i m thinking after several years of playing and 1 year+ of subscription to leave game...

Now discuss my thoughts...
    This is the only game i ve played where pvp being dead ... melee fights are ment for nubs...rogues are paper without huge healings...warriors act like mages...mages tank...and clerics can be immortal...

Sins should kill any single target in 1 vs 1 pvp if played by equal geared and equal skilled players...

That do not happen in rift...

Now go back and discuss Shadeborn use in 3.7 raids and pve...

Take care
    Last edited by Amael37; 07-19-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amael37 View Post
    I feel shadeborn is still hard to play using 2 button mouse and keyboard...

First, in WF and pvp playing Shadeborn it s a waste of time...and made me think it was a waste of my money...

Shadeborn it s a failure as design... it doesn t excel on ST damage nor aoe damage...

61 Sin does comparable damage on ST and it s way easier to macro and play ...
    Nightblade it s way better for aoe damage ...
    Marksman it s the way to go in raid and Wfs....

All this made me feel that rogue it s a dead class...
    Shadeborn was a try to make rogue something that it s not ment to be...
    About dps being too high and people asking to lower the damage...this made me feel disgusted...

If a company change classes only because 1 or 2 or 100 players ask it in forum it s dangerous...
    Trion should test it first ... but i doubt trion has enough resources and use enough testers to evaluate the viability of this soul in pvp ...
    In Pve we re talking about bringing down a boss not 10 not 100 ...so ST damage...range or melee...Shadeborn it s a hard to play and it s a waste of nerves and time as ST in raids...lol

So what are we talking about in this thread?

About Shadeborn and it s usability?
    All i see u re talking about dpsing dummies...for hours ..?! really ? In pvp u need to move to hide to run ...blah blah ...in raids i doubt rogues use Shadeborn,...so why are u all discussing a dead soul ?

Assasin needs improvements...
    After last patch i felt my Marksman has slower animations....and i m using 980 gtx ti...
    We rogues need a viable soul...

Shadeborn was designed to fool rogues ... feel dispointed and switch class...

Thank u Trion...

I m not thinking of changing class... i m thinking after several years of playing and 1 year+ of subscription to leave game...

Now discuss my thoughts...
    This is the only game i ve played where pvp being dead ... melee fights are ment for nubs...rogues are paper without huge healings...warriors act like mages...mages tank...and clerics can be immortal...

Sins should kill any single target in 1 vs 1 pvp if played by equal geared and equal skilled players...

That do not happen in rift...

Now go back and discuss Shadeborn use in 3.7 raids and pve...

Take care
    First of all, there is a lot of false statements because of lack of knowledge in the the souls, you're being opinionated with the judgments you made, shadeborn is still the highest single target DPS spec among all rogue specs even after the nerfs(namely Assborn). Shadeborn is too strong that it has been nerfed multiple times. If you wish to get help in certain souls, i suggest you to spend time to learn them or ask for help, not to rant about it. Rift has it's own features and specialties, there are pros and cons for all MMO games. If you're thinking about WoW, well Rift is a different game, you should adapt it. About PVP, the soultree system is one of the most interesting game system in Rift, it's almost mandatory to customize your souls to fit into the role in PVP if you're referring to WF. Some of the rogue souls i found successful in PVP are Battlebard for support but almost does as much damage as DPS if played right (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#w...k5a4g/Ah0|XIX0). Sinstalker for extra defensive stats, utility, survivability, and gapclosers (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y.../t9gEGE/A|_uP0). Since shields are not very effective, this is the only viable healing build (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...kAAEll2gg|XKXg). That's why this game is fun to play, you get to explore the power of different souls and make your own hybrid builds that work the best for yourself. If you wish to just play glasscannon specs and stay at the backline, well PVE specs like 61 Marksman, ranger, assassin might work for you. If you are not dominating in WF as rogue, you better fix it cuz it's embarrassing.
    If you wish to learn the shadeborn build that is easy and do arguably the second most damage, try this build (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#w...eiy08g/tf|X_P0). This build is an entry level shadeborn build, if you still have difficulty with the build, check out chamberdown's video guide. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5fEK6buuAQ). Well, you won't succeed in PVP as shadeborn if you don't know anything about the spec, do you agree with me?
    Keep in mind for the current patch, the DPS from high to low among classes is in this order: Primalist >= Cleric >Warrior> Rogue>Mage
    If you ever get into raiding and wondering how "bad" shadeborn is: http://i.imgur.com/niOxEyK.png
    http://i.imgur.com/kWG9mdP.png
    Yes, I am a newbie for shadeborn and managed to pull around 120k DPS with T2 gears in COA Hericius NM.
    My thoughts about PVP? Nothing else needs buffs, as it is not an easy task to balance all the souls in PVP (It's almost impossible), there's too much factors to put in consideration. If you see that theres less than 2 heals in a WF, well what you can do to help your group to win is switch to heals. (Analyze for yourself). If you think there's not enough frontline, well go for a tankier soul such as sinstalker, nightstalker or whatever, if you think that you can dominate while doing DPS in the backline, go marksman, or ranger marksman hybrid.
    Things you need to know about melees in WF:http://i.imgur.com/pxyUecl.png
    If a 61 soul doesn't work for you, make your own hybrid builds that work for yourself, do the testing and have fun slaughtering people in WF.
    You might want to use keys such as Q,E,R, ` , mousekeys: M4,M5, middlebutton. I play all rogue souls and I know it's enough. If it's not enough, you're doing something wrong, try using macros?

If you think it's a dead soul, well, you're wrong. If you don't have the DPS check for raids, you'll probably be booted by the raid leader. What are you gonna do? Cry? Learn shadeborn already, Shadeborn is the only spec capable of doing highest ST dps as a rogue.
    If you have questions, ask people, don't ever rant about it, try to strive for success. Right you mistakes.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 07-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Please show me where Trion fooled you into thinking Shadeborn would be good in PvP. I, for one, love the playstyle of Shadeborn. While I have more buttons on my mouse, none of them have abilities on them. When I dps in warfronts (if I dps in warfronts), I still play Sin. The fact that you feel cheated because you thought it'd be viable in PvP is your fault, not Trion's.

And you're wrong. Assborn is still the top ST spec for rogues in PvE and is one of the best of all the classes. Marksman is not a better option for raids. Looking at current content, you can play Assborn on Pagura, Arak, Fauxmire, Enigma, Pillars, Justice, Genesis, Envy, Arisen Arak, Eblius (HM is difficult with the AoEs, but doable), Caelon, Azaphrentus, Fyragnos, Herecius. So that's 14/15 T3 encounters that you can and should play melee on. So Marksman is not the better choice for raids.

Did I hear right that Sin is getting nerfed because Assborn is too OP? Bass ackwards, no?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

I m w8ing for the nerf...when it will come?
    Last edited by Amael37; 07-26-2016 at 12:26 AM.

If you're referring to the Shadeborn nerfs, they already happened. If you're referring to the Assassin buffs, they haven't announced anything outside of mentioning that they were happening on the live stream.

Yeah, nerf assborn ever more, with the upcoming changes to para and harb and the current state of shaman, rogue dps will be at bottom.
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    First of all, there is a lot of false statements because of lack of knowledge in the the souls, you're being opinionated with the judgments you made, shadeborn is still the highest single target DPS spec among all rogue specs even after the nerfs(namely Assborn). Shadeborn is too strong that it has been nerfed multiple times. If you wish to get help in certain souls, i suggest you to spend time to learn them or ask for help, not to rant about it. Rift has it's own features and specialties, there are pros and cons for all MMO games. If you're thinking about WoW, well Rift is a different game, you should adapt it. About PVP, the soultree system is one of the most interesting game system in Rift, it's almost mandatory to customize your souls to fit into the role in PVP if you're referring to WF. Some of the rogue souls i found successful in PVP are Battlebard for support but almost does as much damage as DPS if played right (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#w...k5a4g/Ah0|XIX0). Sinstalker for extra defensive stats, utility, survivability, and gapclosers (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y.../t9gEGE/A|_uP0). Since shields are not very effective, this is the only viable healing build (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...kAAEll2gg|XKXg). That's why this game is fun to play, you get to explore the power of different souls and make your own hybrid builds that work the best for yourself. If you wish to just play glasscannon specs and stay at the backline, well PVE specs like 61 Marksman, ranger, assassin might work for you. If you are not dominating in WF as rogue, you better fix it cuz it's embarrassing.
    If you wish to learn the shadeborn build that is easy and do arguably the second most damage, try this build (http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#w...eiy08g/tf|X_P0). This build is an entry level shadeborn build, if you still have difficulty with the build, check out chamberdown's video guide. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5fEK6buuAQ). Well, you won't succeed in PVP as shadeborn if you don't know anything about the spec, do you agree with me?
    Keep in mind for the current patch, the DPS from high to low among classes is in this order: Primalist >= Cleric >Warrior> Rogue>Mage
    If you ever get into raiding and wondering how "bad" shadeborn is: http://i.imgur.com/niOxEyK.png
    http://i.imgur.com/kWG9mdP.png
    Yes, I am a newbie for shadeborn and managed to pull around 120k DPS with T2 gears in COA Hericius NM.
    My thoughts about PVP? Nothing else needs buffs, as it is not an easy task to balance all the souls in PVP (It's almost impossible), there's too much factors to put in consideration. If you see that theres less than 2 heals in a WF, well what you can do to help your group to win is switch to heals. (Analyze for yourself). If you think there's not enough frontline, well go for a tankier soul such as sinstalker, nightstalker or whatever, if you think that you can dominate while doing DPS in the backline, go marksman, or ranger marksman hybrid.
    Things you need to know about melees in WF:http://i.imgur.com/pxyUecl.png
    If a 61 soul doesn't work for you, make your own hybrid builds that work for yourself, do the testing and have fun slaughtering people in WF.
    You might want to use keys such as Q,E,R, ` , mousekeys: M4,M5, middlebutton. I play all rogue souls and I know it's enough. If it's not enough, you're doing something wrong, try using macros?

If you think it's a dead soul, well, you're wrong. If you don't have the DPS check for raids, you'll probably be booted by the raid leader. What are you gonna do? Cry? Learn shadeborn already, Shadeborn is the only spec capable of doing highest ST dps as a rogue.
    If you have questions, ask people, don't ever rant about it, try to strive for success. Right you mistakes.
    Just saying, if you're playing Battlebard or Sinstalker in PvP, there's a chance that you're doing your team more harm than good. That healing spec also looks very ineffective for reasons that while your output may be higher, you're not going to save anyone when they get burst down.

Also, there's a reason why there are more mages and warriors in PvP right now than rogues or clerics. You can dominate if you know what you're doing, but really there are mage/warriors with less gear/skill that can probably outdo you if they have the slightest idea about what they're doing.
    Last edited by Wonski; 08-10-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7