+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadeborn Feedback Thread

11 rng 61 sb 4 nb, about 148k think i can do more...
    I tried a variety of hybrids and the most solid seemed 16 BD and fill the remaining points in SB but there isnt anything that compares with the 61. I assume that to be due to the interactions of some abilities with Bond of Night

Innumerable shadows could do with using a gcd, doesn't feel right in it's current iteration and as mentioned previously, it's very easy to double tap this.

Im seeing the most with 10bd 5 nb but will give 11rgr 4nb a look to see how it compares.
    Last edited by crisbypancakes; 03-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Consuming depths is counting as a builder and being buffed by deadly dance. Probably not intended, but the hits are pretty hilarious during BaSP.
    Known issue, Consuming Depths used to be a builder. Innumerable Shadows is also currently flagged as a builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    what ST numbers are people getting out of the spec atm? and which off souls are u using?
    About 160k sustained single-target in live gear (nothing special) after the recent bug fixes/changes, no consumables.

Default Soo...

So far I'm loving this spec, as for what I think about it however there are a few things that probably might wanna be touched up. I spent a solid 2-ish hours testing various specs and found that if I didn't use Consuming Depths in a melee spec it's DPS was lower than live version of spec. That being said testing 61 Shadeborn 15 BD my numbers were very strong.
    130k DPS 2 minute parse (Bond of Night on separate dummy)
    97k DPS 2 minute parse (Bond of Night on same dummy)
    80k DPS 2 minute parse (No Bond of Night)

Last thing for me to say would be that most hybrid specs are going to include this soul for Consuming Depths and Nexus of Darkness. I personally got around 5k higher DPS then live 54assassin 22dancer spec, using 54 assassin 22shadeborn. Point allocation is very thin and makes these powerhouse skills too easy to grab. Over all however I can't wait to play this as it is loads of fun and I can't wait to try this on mobile fights.

Plane Walker

I'm finding that managing Void Touch, Innumerable Shadows, and Strangulate are the most "challenging" parts of the rotation, since most of the damage is inherent by triggering Bond abilities as well as Consuming Depths.

The 75% chance for Strangulate ticks to return a combo point with the next finisher also throws me off. The 5x stack is nice, but the RNG involved makes adding combo points a little wonky, especially when you also have to think about refreshing the three above-mentioned abilities as well as waiting for your Nexus of Darkness to come back up, which is an instant 5-combo point awarding ability. The fact that the CD on Nexus can be sped up with ticks of Strangulate also make managing the ability a little more challenging.

I'm not sure exactly how to propose a fix for this, but it just seems that if using Strangulate is so key for most abilities in the tree, I would hope that either Void Touch or Innumerable Shadows can be changed in some capacity to allow the focus be on refreshing Strangulate instead of the two 15s abilities.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plane Touched

I think the icon over the head of my bond target is pretty cool, but I don't understand why it's over my head too. I thought maybe it would disappear when I got out of range of the target (helping track it) but it does not.

The Dark Bonds talent seems very weak. It turns out to be ~5% damage increase that only works 10% of the fight, so a 0.5% gain overall for four points invested.

There should be a way to remove bond of night (not just by casting it on something else.) Also, would be nice if there was talent that reduced the amount of damage your bond target does to you, or maybe a cooldown that does it.

Shadowlander

Default Comparison

Since there is no real comparison in between all kinds of specs, I would like to ask PTS testers here for their feedback on dps parses (solely ST) for various spec in same gear. We do know that there is a 5-7% dps delta in between 54/22 and 61sin on live, which makes assdancer our strongest performing choice on ST.

Could someone who is comfortable on both 61 shade and on assdancer please give a feedback on the dps delta in between these two specs in a ST scenario? Would be much appreciated!

Innumerable shadows needs a 1sec CD because as it is, it's just too clunky to use, and gets double tapped a lot, especially with any sort of lag. Also 61 shadeborne burst is unreal, it easily outputs NB burst.

And please remove the bond of night graphic above your own characters head, I'm fine with it being over the mobs head, but having it constantly be over top my head just takes up valuable screen space, and is very distracting.

Lastly, I don't like how we have a damage buff attached to our weaker of the two finishers, mirror strike IIRC, should just change MS into a combo point generating ability, or a 10 sec combat buff or whatever. It just feels clunky as it is now since you can't macro the two finishers together, which means you're forced to have both abilities on hotbar.

Other than that, really fun soul, can't wait for it to hit live.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-21-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Lastly, I don't like how we have a damage buff attached to our weaker of the two finishers, mirror strike IIRC, should just change MS into a combo point generating ability, or a 10 sec combat buff or whatever. It just feels clunky as it is now since you can't macro the two finishers together, which means you're forced to have both abilities on hotbar.
    Having two finishers that you can't macro, oh noes :x
    I like that you don't have to just randomly mash the button, also its works quite nicely to raise spec difficulty (a tiny bit), since you wanna keep the buff up and not use ms with 35% buff cd :x

Default Last thoughts on first 5 hours testing...

After continued testing of 61 shade and the various plethora of 15 point / 22 point off specs I've noticed many things. The soul as a whole sits in a very good spot. I've heard multiple complaints about innumerable shadows and its GDC, but I don't think it needs one. IS gives your the damage boost sure but it also makes finishers ranged for a moment, which with conjuncture with nexus of darkness is 2 ranged finishers in quick succession. I've also seen the complaint of the weaker finisher giving a death dmg boost, oh well? bladedancer has the same thing, so does ranger, its kinda of a rogue thing its normal. And my earlier post still stands about dps numbers, on live I normally play assadancer and solo parse at around 76k. (the dps numbers above are with the same gear as I have on live). My biggest concerns is that shade is TOO good in terms of being an off soul and that its single target numbers are waaaaay to high (to the point of pulling higher than assdancer on live w/ no bond active).

Rift Master

my suggestion without changing too much would be too;

1. Move consuming depths to 58 points
    2. innumberable shadows becomes a 5 second ogcd ability that alows abilities to be used at 20m. remove the 15% dmg bonus
    3. Change the void touch to 12 point ability and switch the charge to 20 points.
    4. change the tier 3 too mabe 5 % crit? or the 58 point ability that buffs death dmg whilst void touch is active put it in as u need to put 5 points into it?? may make NB op tho would like too see the numbers

Really dont like the rng with consuming depths and finisher cohesion so mabe something like using a certain ability like sything night reduces the cast time of consuming?

just most view after playing around with it abit more, dont want to ruin the spec as its quite nice it just need nerfing and without making hybrids rediculous have consuming so low.
    Last edited by Reaping; 03-21-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Default Shadeborn updates

Yay! more shadeborn testing!
    Okay so my initial findings are things like lowered damage on Consuming depths. Also some wording changes on shadow twin and others, also Innumerable Shadows has a 1 second cooldown (still off GCD). I've done a few parses again to find my numbers (no change in gear from last parses)

ST no Bond of Night: 70k DPS (2 minutes parses for all btw)
    ST Bond on same dummy: 70k DPS
    Dual target/ Bond on separate dummy: 102k DPS

I will note that these numbers are only what I've gotten and I cannot claim to know the ins and outs of the rotation >.>

I would like to see other parses and findings too more info to share!

Plane Walker

Good change to Innumerable Shadows with the 1s CD--I am now using it in a macro with Void Touch to save a key, since they are both 15s duration abilities.

I still have trouble keeping all dots/damage boosters up. It just feels awkward having to refresh when you have abilities like Mirrored Strike (60s damage boost finisher), Consuming Depths, and Nexus of Darkness to consider in your rotation. I either have to choose between delaying pressing Consuming Depths when Nexus of Darkness is up and two of my damage boosters are timing out as well, which is on top of the extra combo points I suddenly have after using a finisher

If anyone has tips on rotations, I would appreciate it.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Good change to Innumerable Shadows with the 1s CD--I am now using it in a macro with Void Touch to save a key, since they are both 15s duration abilities.

I still have trouble keeping all dots/damage boosters up. It just feels awkward having to refresh when you have abilities like Mirrored Strike (60s damage boost finisher), Consuming Depths, and Nexus of Darkness to consider in your rotation. I either have to choose between delaying pressing Consuming Depths when Nexus of Darkness is up and two of my damage boosters are timing out as well, which is on top of the extra combo points I suddenly have after using a finisher

If anyone has tips on rotations, I would appreciate it.
    It is good that you are feeling this friction.

One of the core design goals at play here is that Shadeborn should not feel like there is an optimal "rotation" that you can just execute and get full DPS. Instead, you will need to spend time fully understanding the impact each of your abilities has on your DPS, and using that information to decide in each GCD what your best option is.

As a general rule your priorities will look something like the following.

1. Maintain damage buffs (Including Void Touch, Mirrored Strike, Innumerable Shadows)
    2. Maintain Strangulate
    3. Cast Consuming Depths when a proc is available.
    4. Cast finishers with 5 CP.
    5. Builder Spam.
    Systems Designer - Rift
    Warriors and Rogues for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    It is good that you are feeling this friction.

One of the core design goals at play here is that Shadeborn should not feel like there is an optimal "rotation" that you can just execute and get full DPS. Instead, you will need to spend time fully understanding the impact each of your abilities has on your DPS, and using that information to decide in each GCD what your best option is.

As a general rule your priorities will look something like the following.

1. Maintain damage buffs (Including Void Touch, Mirrored Strike, Innumerable Shadows)
    2. Maintain Strangulate
    3. Cast Consuming Depths when a proc is available.
    4. Cast finishers with 5 CP.
    5. Builder Spam.
    I still don't like the mirrored strike buff considering Nightblade has a similiar buff that increases finisher damage for 60 secs, but is tied to a 30 sec CD ability. However, reading your post, I think I understand more what style you guys were going for with Shadeborn, and it does play really well once you get into the groove of things.

One thing though, I don't think mirrored strike buff is working properly, at least it's not showing any damage increase when I hover over my abilities on my hotbars. With or without the buff, the damage numbers remain the same.

Lastly thank you very much for the change to innumerable shadows having 1sec CD. No more accidental double taps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast