+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadeborn Feedback Thread

Also, in its current state, im pretty positive that every spec will be 61x /15 shadeborn, just because of Consuming Depths.

Plane Touched

Consuming depths is counting as a builder and being buffed by deadly dance. Probably not intended, but the hits are pretty hilarious during BaSP.

Plane Walker

First time on the PTS to look at this spec, and I have to say that the damage on the tooltip for Consuming Depths seems very high for such a low-point investment. This is for a 61 Shadeborn / 11 Ranger / 4 Nightblade build. It reads 77/9-85/7k over 4s, and the damage is doubled for the Bond of Night target... at 35m for a primarily melee build. Instant Consuming Depths make insta-Empowered Shots look like a joke.

The lack of self-buffs would possibly make running this 61pt build with Assassin very strong with Poison procs. I'd imagine something like 61 Shadeborn / 12 Assassin / 3 Nightblade.

Also, Weapon Barrage is already the name for the Bladedancer interrupt ability, though that might have been just a temp name for the interrupt.

But yeah, like someone else said already, this makes playing Rogue feel very much like a warrior. 90% damage reduction, 2 break frees, 2 charges, interrupt, 35m ranged buff, Alacrity-like buff, and now with the ability to hit two targets, making it very OP for PvP as Artewig already mentioned (going against a pocket healer and another DPS). Pairing the soul with Bladedancer for the Blade Tempo buff would make the 61 point variant not so much useful if a Bond doesn't need to be put on another target.

Just initial impressions, but I hope to try this out and give a more coherent review of the spec in its current state so far.
    Last edited by Wonski; 03-19-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Innumerable Shadows needs a short cooldown to prevent double tapping.

Shield of Telara

I don't know if this is intended, but you can stack Consuming Depths.

Break free should go down lower. It is 44 pts. All other classes has break free below 15 pts except rogue. Please fix this.
    Kartia, rogue
    Forum White Knight
    PVP pocket healer

Rift Chaser

I agrees with break free and the rupt in this soul pointless when if you need rupt you just spec for BD.. Also can the charge not stun but have them separate abilities would be cool.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Pairing the soul with Bladedancer for the Blade Tempo buff would make the 61 point variant not so much useful if a Bond doesn't need to be put on another target.
    But Bond still increase damage even on fight with only one target (15%[30% with 61 points] more damage for skills from this tree and some skills doing 2x more damage to Bond and Scything Night 100% damage to Bond + skills from other trees doing 15%[30% with 61 points] less damage)

Imho at this moment still 61 will be better than hybrids with Shadeborn.
    Btw sin - poisons are nerfed by 30% damage by 61 Bond too.

Telaran

this Spec is ordinary ...
    Unfortunalely this spec doesnt extradinary despite his link.
    Its only an high dps with a lot of tool to increase dps.

It could be nice, if you can builder your burst and proc it after X second. ( like a finisher who proc every debuff/Dot)
    A mecanic to transfer every dot/debuff from a target to Target link.

There is already some Dot ( but too high and too short).
    There is already +X% if target if below x% Hp

And on the other side this could be purgeable.

This gameplay works fine with an split assist dps for counter cross heal assist ( linl defiler, 61 skill heal etc..)
    Last edited by Comalies; 03-19-2016 at 05:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Nerf the ST by like 15-20% it shouldnt be the best ST specc and may increase the dmg on the link target and lower the dps on the main target. Mb change the 12% over 90% to something else cause the ppl wont understand that they have to devide the dps of it by 10. Short cd om the offgcdbuff would be nice. Mb put the the procc higher in the tree cause otherwise it may will cause some hybrids. But overall nice spec.
    Transcendent 9/9 2/2 HM COA 4/4 HM

Rift Disciple

ST damage does seem a tad too high. It's really fun to play and I want it to be viable but it's parsing as much/higher as 54sin even without the 12% dmg talent.

Consuming Depths: As someone else pointed out already, it is affected by deadly dance and shouldn't be. It also acts as a stacking dot, meaning if you have it active on a target and then cast another before it runs out, it will refresh the first one and essentially give you an additional CD. Now I think that's a great thing and adds to the skillcap, but might not be intended. And I agree it should be higher up in the tree.

The lack of weapon enchantments doesn't seem to be a problem, 12sin is parsing worse than 10tact/5nb for me. Poisons really aren't all that great without further up talents that buff them. 61 Shadeborn should pull ahead of all hybrids as well, there are too many passives that only interact with shadeborn abilities, most importantly the bond.

Rift Master

id really like no animation when using Innumerable shadows, definately not the flame blitz annimation it has now. also could u rename the 4 second range buff for QoL.

Consuming depths to be changed to non RNG.... lower its dmg change it so it can proc once every 5 secs mabe add a cp?

remove the interupt and change too a pull?
    Last edited by Reaping; 03-19-2016 at 08:04 AM.
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

1. Consuming Depths is very problematic. Hits a tad too hard and its the enabler to all the /15 shadeborn hybrids. For a matter of comparison, i got to the point of rolling 61 MM/ 15 SB and it was still 20% of my dmg.
    Also it makes 61 SB heavily reliant on proc rng due to how it works with Bond of Night. At some point i was sustaining 211k on 2 targets over 3 minutes due to procs.
    IMO it needs to hit a tad lower and somehow be a more reliant source of damage. If it could grant 1 combo point would be nice too, it would feel smoother to play.

2. As i mentioned already:

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    It looks neat.
    I think turning Strangulate into a 1hr selfbuff where every 3 seconds your next ability deals x more damage would benefit target swapping, make the soul itself feel more fluid and lessen the impact of having a 30 sec uncleanseable dot in pvp.

Hit someone with that, rip leaving combat or swap spec.

Soulwalker

Default shadeborn feedback

hello i just saw the changes on shadeborn and i give a little feedback on it:

first sudden appearence don't do dammage when you dash but give yet the combo point

then the shadow twin description sould not be correct because it really dont give a double dps for 15 sec

the rest seem pretty nice to me
    Last edited by bluetoy; 03-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Rift Master

what ST numbers are people getting out of the spec atm? and which off souls are u using?

about an hour of play, holding at around 130k with 61/15bd

just working out my prio system and what all the abilities do properly
    Last edited by Reaping; 03-19-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast