+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By esKo

Thread: To the Rogue dev (if there still is one)?

Soulwalker

Question To the Rogue dev (if there still is one)?

Seeing the work, that is done for other classes, it seems that whine is the way to go, so i give it a shot..

Reading abit, here on forums, it looks like the Ranger is going to get some work done, which is nice, But Dear Trion Devs, while you at it, could you maybe find the time,
    to redo/reroll the "Tactician", since it is a bought soul, and i, personally, finds it kinda absurd, when i read, that you planing on doing a new soul, for all classes,
    while the first one we bought, is really useless atm, i mean sure the 32 point in it is okay,
    so we can aoe heal, but that is where the fun stops, so the whole idea, with a new buyable soul, really gets me thinking, about its going to be the new tac soul,
    where its fine the first few weeks or/and till next patch, and the gets put on the shelf, cus the rogues isnt a fun class for the devs?
    Last edited by Luminat; 02-13-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Ranger rework has been announced for about a year and 6/7 months. Tact would probably require a rework too, after they decided wth role tact is supposed to perform.
    I dont think we are getting 2 reworks anytime soon. In fact, im pretty confident class development is completly stale and not a priority at all, with devs leaning on the idea that since every class has several working specs for several roles, they can just leave the "forgotten" souls as they are.

I'm positive if this would not be the case, a dev would reply and tell us otherwise.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 02-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

When will people understand that ranger/druid/ele are supposed to be solo pve specs and if they bring them up par with the real dps specs they will become op in many enviroments? Ranger "balance" is hard cos that.

+ Yes tact needs fix but you can consider fishtact as the "real tact". Tactician fix is hard cos of that, might shoot fishtact over the sky.

Rogues parsing the highest on most bosses mom, while clerics QQed cos you couldnt see ANY cleric at all in the top 20 before fixes. If there is time to qq about something it should be "nerf rogues" but the calling balance is fairly close at the moment, so we shouldnt
    Last edited by Tetmes; 02-13-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Telaran

As, long, as, Rogues, don't, become, more, OP, I, don't, mind, what, happens.
    Last edited by esKo; 02-13-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Ascendant

To the Rogue dev (if there still is one)?-toldu.jpg

yea... what a disaster
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-13-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Actually, when it was announced a week ago that all the classes are getting another soul soon, it would also be the appropriate time to rework a lot of the other souls like Ranger, Beastmaster, and more.
    It was said this would be easier to achieve when finishing the new souls as things would need to be re-balanced anyhow.

Oh, and the new pets that were announced over a year ago, they will be introduced at this time also.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Soulwalker

First of all, i would like to say sorry, if anyone finds this post offencive or anything like that..

Okay, now that is over, first thing;
    If Rift are redoing the ranger, fine fine, i guess its going to be a farming spec or pvp or something like that for the open worldŽers, and that is all good..

Secound thing; the Tactician is useless, yeah we can aoe heal with it, buuuut still... and i also know that, seeing it from Rifts side, there isnt really any money in redoing a product, that ppl already bought, so why fix it, when you can just launch a new role(product)..
    i kinda have to agree to lum, on this one, we bought a product, and now its kinda obsolete, and i think there have be posts about this, since NT came, not many, but still a few (rogue forum is not really activ like that, i guess), and since the devs aint really saying/responsing on, if they got any plans with that soul, generaly about anything, atleast regrading the rogues devlopering.

And now Rift announce that they will do 1 new role for all classes, which its awesome, but what do we as rogues need? a proper aoe healer or defiler ?
    but seening the last soul the came out with for us, the phys. is not really that good atm, since it was suppose to be a match for the puri (maybe i got it wrong), but all its good for is aoe healing-ish, but that also means that Rogues need to buy the two souls, to get one spec that is usefull-ish?

So does that mean we need to accept in fact, that creating additional souls/roles, that are buyable, should maybe been the redo of one of the souls/roles we already got/bought, not that im claiming that Rift do it solely for revenue or anthing like that, but to quote Daglar "if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...."

Again im sorry if it sounds rude or anything like that, im just really wondering aswell??

Soulwalker

Bump

-just for the fun of it

Bump indeed! This thread needs to be kept going and for Devs to hear some opinions from rogues! I love Rogues and the introduction of Rogue healing was a huge step forward in making the class more interesting and versatile. However, nobody is going to want to buy a new soul after what happened with Tactician. As Julo so cogently pointed out earlier, we buy two souls, 1 (Tact') doesn't work at all and the other, whilst a well constructed soul, doesn't actually get used for purpose (as ST healer) at all at end game level. So, we must buy two souls to get a spot healing in raids in a hybrid spec not designed to do the role we ask of it.

Tactician: The crying shame about Tactician is it was the most original and interesting idea for a soul Rift has ever seen. It just tries to do too much and ends up not being that good for anything. Give it some focus. It's AoE healing is excellent but it needs the standard healer tools to be a viable choice in a party let alone a raid. Tidy up the healing mechanics, add a combat res, cleanses etc. and Tactician could really shine.

Physician: Nothing as such wrong here, but it is rare to see a Raid Leader choosing to use one as an MT healer. The mechanics of Phys' are good and work well. They are fantastic in a party - all it needs is a little something to enable it to be a viable choice vs Purifier in a raid.

Phys/Tact: I cannot help but feel that Trion never really intended this to become the raid stalwart it has. The popularity of its use is due to the fact that it provides a raid buff that synergises well within the CD block and you even do some DPS too. However, on paper, for an AoE healer, it has some serious shortcomings:-
    Terrible mobility: Causal Treatment, your main healing, is a 1.5 sec cast for which you must stand still. In MoM particularly, for most of the bosses, it's a tight-rope walk trying keep the heals flowing, whereas a Lib' can move without missing a beat.
    Limited cover: CT is a big heal but that and all other CP builders, only cover 5 of 20 in a raid. Other healers either heal at least 10 or all of the raid. An AoE healer needs to cover more people with it's main healing.
    No Burst healing: Battle Remote sums up tactician in trying to buff both DPS and healing and in does both badly. If blowing a CD you want o maximise ONE aspect, either you need to really push out some DPS or need some big burst heals. Here, by offering both, you end up with neither.

I don't expect or want Trion to resolve the issues with Phys/Tact. As I said, I don't think they ever intended it to exist. My point here is that Phys/Tact has nonetheless carved out a widely used role for itself in the raid set up. Trion can take this forward when fixing Tactician, allowing a properly reworked Tactician to step into this role. Give Phys' something to make it a viable choice as MT healer and suddenly, the two bought souls are a solid investment. Do this and we look forward to another soul and are more likely to buy it. Do it not and the majority are likely to treat another soul with the same contempt Trion appear to be showing us by not addressing the issues with the last two we bought.
    Last edited by Synchro; 02-26-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Soulwalker

*Bump Again*

Soulwalker

While we are at it level 65 masteries could use a tweak there are 2 that will never get used Apothecary's will and Planar Conservation I guess other classes have similar abilities to classes (and maybe an ability could be used in future raids) but as a tank acquittal is functionally if used on someone else and rogue tanks have many cds can use instead. And planar variation has more potential because of the dps it provides. The other is Planar conservation...like wtf clerics get divine favor probably one of the best 65 masteries in the entire game and Mages get ethereal flux? that is just a travesty that clerics and mages get an extra ability they rely on to do well in raids/pvp and rogues are stuck with energy that doesn't even stack.

Can the new soul get low invest break free? Below or max 10-11 pts. So finally I can spec with physician for second break free, and I can stop play brain-dead preserver.

You want money I want break free. Deal?

+ Reply to Thread