+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Assdancer Rotation - Post what you do and why ^^

Default My Assdancer Rotation - Post what you do and why ^^

NOTE: This is not a guide, you will need to be familiar with the spec and abilities beforehand. This is just to see what others are doing and why. Mainly because there's so many things everyone is doing differently, would be nice to put them all together and come up with one solid rotation

Blade tempo is used every 2 minutes, unless the fight will end before a 2 min block, in which case you use the final one as soon as it's ready. (I can post my math for this if anyone wants to know why)

2min COOLDOWN BLOCK:
    - (open with at least 1 CP) -> jagged -> savage -> (pre-proc ToD) -> finisher
    - puncture -> backstab -> (poison malice) blade tempo+jagged -> finisher
    - build to 5 -> finisher (can be replaced with building to 4 if lag)
    - build to 5 -> finisher
    - serpent -> slip away+jagged (this will be on last sec of C&D+Blade tempo) -> backstab or savage -> finisher
    - build to 5 -> finisher
    - ToD+jagged (this should be last sec of C&D again)
    - you are now at 3 CP with 2 stacks of deadly dance left. resume regular rotation

Before the start of every 2 min CD block, remember to pre-proc ToD at 5 CP, the cooldown block starts on the next buildup after 2 CP with blade tempo+jagged
    (the reason to pre-proc is to fit the final jagged strike on cloak and dagger)

Try to slip away at 1 combo point (maybe 2 is possible but i can only ever get to 1 otherwise jagged won't fit on blade tempo+C&D) -> Slip away at high combo points will get you to the finisher before the next jagged with better timings.

1 min CD block:
    poison malice, ToD+Jagged nothing special

Outside CD blocks:

Use puncture with at least 2 stacks of deadly dance to buff the DoT portion, otherwise just build to 5 with serpent+puncture always buffed by deadly dance, and as many backstabs buffed as you can get. (normal build-ups to 5 CP)
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 02-09-2016 at 01:33 PM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Plane Touched

I've experimented with many different openers, this is the one that I've been using as of late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBm...ature=youtu.be

The big issue I have with this is that I'm using Blade Tempo at about 9 GCDs in~ as opposed to 3-5~, but the personal timings are really good and I don't have to clip much.

(Note: Sometimes I'll also pre-load stacks of Repeated Strikes for the initial Jagged by doing Twin Cleave x3 pre-pull).

Unfortunately the only way to properly chain Jaggeds without too much C&D clipping is to do the initial ToD + Jagged at 1 or 2 CP.

I use PM with BT if there are no raid CDs, if there are raid CDs I use PM with 1mins (enrage, lava, wild growth, etc) like I would in full Sin or 38/38 (ideally it would also sync up with my Mighty AP proc).

I know some people use Blade Tempo every 1:30 with just ToD + Jagged + Debil Dart, and then again at 3mins with CDs, and then again at 4:30, and then again at 6mins which is typically with Flaring. I've personally been doing it in 2min blocks similar to how I would in full Sin (chain 3 Jaggeds inside C&D, fitting the 2nd Jagged inside the last tick of Blade Tempo since the DoT damage is calculated when first applied.) Also if I'm going to use a Crit Pot in my opener I do it during the BT block.

I don't think fitting in 2 CPs before Slip is possible, even 1 can be a struggle in raid, but is definitely better for timings.

Puncture at 2-3 stacks of DD for the 60% bonus.

Planar Strike as my ranged builder since it consumes DD stacks and procs Serrated.

Serpent Strike utilization is a really important part of Assdancer in my opinion since it's such a strong oGCD builder. i.e - If I use Serpent as my first builder during the GCD of Deadly Strike it will typically be up again inside DD stacks for the 3rd builder in my next build-up, or if I use Serpent during the GCD of Jagged at 3 CP it will be up again during the finisher in my next build-up, meaning I'll be able to use it twice inside DD stacks in two consecutive build-ups.

Nice thread, by the way.

This is how mine would look (aside from the very beginning jagged which I now cut after like 3 ticks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqmAf_Y8Oc

The final ToD+Jagged timing on this one was too tight, usually is slightly better.

The way i'm getting around blade tempo being so late these days is just cutting the first jagged after a few ticks instead of waiting the whole 10 seconds. This just lines up every 2 min block a lot better, including the first one. Losing some ticks of a jagged buffed by nothing has very little impact

Edit: Looking through it, our videos look almost identical :P
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 02-09-2016 at 04:27 PM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Plane Touched

Looks like you used Savage at the start with 5 CP to avoid clipping the last tick of the initial Jagged. During the first Debil Dart inside BT I ideally try to fit two Serpents inside for the extra procs and then I just use Backstab outside of DD stacks inside BT instead of holding it for about 4 GCDs. I also refresh Puncture on the 2nd last tick of BT before Slip whereas you do Serpent > Slip.

Pretty close, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    The way i'm getting around blade tempo being so late these days is just cutting the first jagged after a few ticks instead of waiting the whole 10 seconds. This just lines up every 2 min block a lot better, including the first one. Losing some ticks of a jagged buffed by nothing has very little impact
    Yeah, the opener you posted in the OP sounds almost identical to one of the other openers that I use with the exception of pre-loading 1 CP. Some of the personal timings are less ideal though, and as you said Jagged by itself only ticks for about 20k~ by itself. Another nice little added bonus is that you can typically fit the 4th Jagged inside Flaring.

The final ToD+Jagged timing on this one was too tight, usually is slightly better.
    Yeah, sometimes if I know that I've fallen behind I'll just use Serpent at about 4/5 CP to fast-rack the rotation so that I'm still able to use ToD + Jagged inside C&D. I'll also sometimes completely skip refreshing Puncture before Slip if the lag is really bad but I dislike doing that.

I don't precast CP but for tested it several time on precast is the best, but i prebuff repetitive strikes when i can (don't try on enigma^^) with twin cleave before my stealth. I wait the tech improvment to try more cause today half of my engage are worst by some lag (when a ToD buff fades before the jagged with a nice little freeze...)
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Rift Disciple

I'm using serpent in the buildup before slip away as well unless im lagging. It barely fits in between the second and third builder gcd and then backstab before slip away.

Apart from that exactly same opener as oranges.

I don't precast CP but for tested it several time on precast is the best, but i prebuff repetitive strikes when i can (don't try on enigma^^) with twin cleave before my stealth. I wait the tech improvment to try more cause today half of my engage are worst by some lag (when a ToD buff fades before the jagged with a nice little freeze...)
    Building CP before fight is free dps and helps sync your cd block with the raid! I even did 2 CP for a while straight into jagged -> deadly but that was always bad when someone used lava/enrage a tad too late.

Getting repetitive strikes up is a nice idea gonna try to remember that
    Last edited by Bauum; 02-10-2016 at 12:38 PM.

In a 20 man raid environment, how much more dps does Assdance do over 61 Assassin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meatbone View Post
    In a 20 man raid environment, how much more dps does Assdance do over 61 Assassin?
    61 sin is consistently lower by ~5%

Shadowlander

I come later up with my rota, but the next interessting thing is how ur rota do in practice.

Lets take fauxmire for that. Now what is ur dps with which weapon (t2, t3, t3 upgraded).

about 126 k with t2 weapon
    Last edited by Kubah; 02-12-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    iGP 4/4 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - HK 10/11

Align Debilitating Dart with Blade tempo and clip the first C&D(After jagged strike expired)

start with 2 CP as always

JS>Finish>Builder till 5 CP > Preload TOD(To have your last JS be buffed by C&D) > Finish > Builder till 2 CP > Blade Tempo > Jagged strike > Finish > Builder till 5 CP > Finish > builder till 5 CP > FInish > Builder till 1 CP or jagged strike > Win

up to you where you will fit that puncture or SS on those builder till 5 CP or 2 CP.

Assdancer rotation of the best rogue oceanic

See u in the next game
    Last edited by mics001; 02-17-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Shadowlander

I play a lot this 2 opener versions and dont rly see/feel big difference.

first one:

start with 2CP

JS -> Finisher ->
    build to 5CP -> Finisher ->
    build to 5CP (at 2CP precast ToD) -> Finisher ->
    BT+JS -> build to 5CP -> Finisher ->
    build to 2CP -> SA+JS -> Finisher ->
    build to 2CP -> ToD+JS

3 JS buffed by C&D, 2 JS buffed by BT

second version is the standard version:

start with 2CP

JS -> Finisher ->
    build to 5CP -> precast ToD ->Finisher ->
    build to 2CP -> BT+JS -> Finisher ->
    build to 5CP -> FInisher ->
    SA+JS or first 1CP-> Finisher ->
    ToD+JS

3 JS buffed by C&D, 2 JS buffed by BT

for the 2 min CD-Block i use of course the 2 second version without the first builder.
    Last edited by Kubah; 02-17-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    iGP 4/4 - iGP (HM) 4/4 - HK 10/11

Shadowlander

Default Rotation

I basically came up with exactly the same 2 rotations as Bauum has come up with and I don't really see a dps difference (can't really judge though, because crit rng). Most important is being flexible about delaying CD usage in case of bad fight/positioning rng or bad/laggy supports mistiming their cds.

If am not mistaken, one of the biggest reasons for assdancer pulling ahead of 61sin is the higher burst during the 2min block getting amplified by raid cooldowns. The difference on the dummy (3% on my parses) is then getting increased to roughly 5-7% in perfect circumstances (i.e. me not ****ing up, no lags (nothing worse than precasting ToD and losing the JS due to game lag) and perfectly aligned support cds).

Another thing I have been investigating is the usage of Blade Tempo. Some people are using it on cd, others save it for the ToD/SA/ToD block (like I still do). According to a dps spreadsheet I have created (props to the theorycrafting 101in here), using Blade Tempo on cooldown gives you a dps increase of roughly 0.8% over using it in 2 minute blocks + the additional safety of a more spread cd usage (less impact of ****ups during cd blocks on dps).

Other than that, basic knowledge. Use Puncture on 2/3 DS stacks only, use buffed Serpent as often as possible (a rota of using it on 0gcd after finisher and 2gcd after finisher works best for me, one builder/finisher combination goes without Serpent then). Another trick during lag is to cut some builders to 4 to still get the cd block with all the buff benefits (preferably cut before a Savage/Backstab only builder to not get a 52% only Serpent/Puncture).

Happy to discuss.

Cheers
    Mercure@Zaviel

NOTE: This is not a guide, you will need to be familiar with the spec and abilities beforehand. This is just to see what others are doing and why. Mainly because there's so many things everyone is doing differently, would be nice to put them all together and come up with one solid rotation

Blade tempo is used every 2 minutes, unless the fight will end before a 2 min block, in which case you use the final one as soon as it's ready. (I can post my math for this if anyone wants to know why)

2min COOLDOWN BLOCK:
    - (open with at least 1 CP) -> jagged -> savage -> (pre-proc ToD) -> finisher
    - puncture -> backstab -> (poison malice) blade tempo+jagged -> finisher
    - build to 5 -> finisher
    - serpent -> slip away+jagged (this will be on last sec of C&D+Blade tempo) -> backstab or savage -> finisher
    - build to 5 -> finisher
    - ToD+jagged (this should be last sec of C&D again)
    - you are now at 3 CP with 2 stacks of deadly dance left. resume regular rotation

Before the start of every 2 min CD block, remember to pre-proc ToD at 5 CP, the cooldown block starts on the next buildup after 2 CP with blade tempo+jagged
    (the reason to pre-proc is to fit the final jagged strike on cloak and dagger)

Try to slip away at 1 combo point (maybe 2 is possible but i can only ever get to 1 otherwise jagged won't fit on blade tempo+C&D) -> Slip away at high combo points will get you to the finisher before the next jagged with better timings.

1 min CD block:
    poison malice, ToD+Jagged nothing special

Outside CD blocks:

Use puncture with at least 2 stacks of deadly dance to buff the DoT portion, otherwise just build to 5 with serpent+puncture always buffed by deadly dance, and as many backstabs buffed as you can get. (normal build-ups to 5 CP)
    Im doing pretty much exactly this. Occasionally a CD will get out of whack bc of a phase change etc but this looks like the way to go
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

Soulwalker

Thanks a lot for sharing this info, it really helps me improving my rotation!

Just a quick question. You use a kalert for something I can't find... It's the yellow/red skull which pops up after ToD or stealth. What is it tracking and why do you use it?
    /moo

Quote Originally Posted by Saamoa View Post
    Thanks a lot for sharing this info, it really helps me improving my rotation!

Just a quick question. You use a kalert for something I can't find... It's the yellow/red skull which pops up after ToD or stealth. What is it tracking and why do you use it?
    This is Hemophilia, it's a stacking buff from the level 61 mastery Soul Steal. It increases the damage of Assassin attacks by 1.5%, stacks up to 3 times. Applied/refreshed by Puncture, Jagged Strike and Impale.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast