+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we get some QoL changes to Nightblade?

Default Can we get some QoL changes to Nightblade?

I know Nightblade isn't in a bad spot at the moment, and thus it's most likely not a priority, but the soul has a few mechanics about it that just make my brain explode.

1. The main problem is NB gets 3 stealth attacks but can only use one of those attacks, one time before the fight, if we are in stealth. Once the fight starts we lose access to 3 attacks, 2 of which have CC tied to them. This sucks in PvE and big time in PvP.

Breaking down the three attacks we have :

Ebon Terror :
    2 sec confuse, this is a nice ability, if the CC wasn't only 2 secs. It doesn't do much in pvp, hardly worth the GCD tbh. Never used in pve.

Dark Malady : 20% damage buff, this is what NB's use for pve hands down every time. For PvP it's a toss up for me personally, just because I like to open up with CC if I'm in stealth, still I feel this stealth attack is our best one hands down.

Smother :
    Debilitates for 5 secs, in pvp this is our most useful CC I feel, out of the 3 stealth attacks we have. For pve, again it's useless.

Dark containment = Useless, I seriously cringe that we have a "break on damage" CC when one of our main sources of dps is a DoT that we must maintain at all times.. The ability is straight up never used. Not only that, but it's our 48 point root ability. Why is such a useless ability so deep in the tree? Just HNNNGGG

I know they changed death from the shadows to a regular attack from a stealth attack awhile back, that was a very good change.

I'm proposing some changes, but keep in mind I'm not proposing all the changes be implemented, these are just some ideas. Maybe if Vladd sees this, he can make something happen.

- Change Dark containment to a 5 sec CC, preferably stun, or confuse. It's so high up in the tree, I feel like that's what it should be anyways. Also bonus points : make it a 20m teleport behind target. For reference harb get's a 20m 5 sec stun charge.

- Remove stealth component from Ebon Terror, make it a 5 sec confuse/30 sec CD.

- Remove stealth component from Dark Malady, lower damage buff to something like 10%, give it 30 sec CD.

- Nerf Marksman.

Anyways these are just some of my thoughts, again I know NB isn't exactly a priority soul at the moment, but it is still frustrating when I see it's so close to being "there" but it's being held back by these few mechanics that just boggle my mind. No way to get back into stealth once in combat, unless you go hybrid, and an absolutely useless 48 root point ability. Hnngggg

Plane Touched

Honestly at this point we should probably be pushing for Vladd to finish up with the alleged BD changes but yes I do agree that NB could benefit from some QoL fixes.

Rift Disciple

One of the best suggestions I have seen for nb is moving blazing path lower in the tree so you can spec into it as a second break free and then adding a decent dps ability for 58 points. Seems like it would solve some pvp issues and maybe give us a reason to use NB again in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    One of the best suggestions I have seen for nb is moving blazing path lower in the tree so you can spec into it as a second break free and then adding a decent dps ability for 58 points. Seems like it would solve some pvp issues and maybe give us a reason to use NB again in pve.

Honestly I'm not a fan of that, I don't like how some classes have a monopoly on both CC and break frees ( PYRO )

Specs should be allowed, at most 2 break frees, not including charges, since those are situational, and require a target. Moving BP down so other souls can sub spec into it just adds more to the current problem that we have with some classes in pvp right now.

It's completely ridiculous that a pyro gets regular break free, teleport forward break free, and then ride the wind for a third break free/movement speed buff. Most classes don't even have 3 CC abilities.

This is just my opinion, but if you give everyone a 2nd or third break free then CC becomes completely useless. You should be rewarded greatly for timing your CC to finish off a person.

Now on the other hand, Trion absolutely needs to get rid of the 10 sec CD OGCD CC abilities that again, pyro and marksman have. These 100% need to go. The argument "oh the internal CD is 45 secs" falls on its face because most pvp skirmishes ( 1v1/2v2/3v3/) don't last more than a minute, and those classes can still tab target CC people every 10 secs at no cost to their rotation.

Just my 2 cents!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bauum View Post
    Are you crazy? if rogues can have easy access to cheap cc breaks with low cooldown like clerics and mages rogues would be so overpowered.

+ Reply to Thread