+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Physician - Break free

Plane Walker

Default Physician - Break free

I made a post before about this issue but can't find it to bump it up.

For a Physician to spec a break free it's like 24 points in RS or 16 points in MM, there might be more but still the point is that you have to spec alot of points for it where as other healers have access to low end 2nd break frees.

I see now that new soul Primalist even got one built into their soul

Warrior can got low end of tempest 6 points, also have stun in Liberator.

Cleric have one in soul with Sentinel and also a stun- most people use that or lolPuri both spec are insane. 11 Cabalist is another option too.

I know mage have one in Stormcaller low end.

Why is it that Physician has to spend so many point for a 2nd break free? The amount of people running around with all their OGCD abilities in macros now is pathetic constant debilitate/ snare/ purge wtf

#Vladpls
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Honestly, I don't really think it needs another break free. I'd take it if it were there, but ranged souls shouldn't really need more. If you position yourself well, don't chase your team too far, and use your break free more efficiently, you should be fine. Especially since most people don't target (well-positioned) healers.
    Last edited by Artewig; 02-08-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Here's what I've always done with the only break free I've ever had with Defiler:

Code:
                                  Am I above 45% hp? 
                     YES                                           NO
                       V                                            V
    Do I have UT (and/or mana to burst heal) Do I have UT (and/or mana to burst heal)
         V                          V             V                          V
        No                        Yes            No                        Yes 
                       V                                        V
          DONT USE BREAK FREE                      USE AT YOUR DISCRETION
    There are times when I've been stunned at 100% and dropped down to 50%, but I won't breakfree if I know I can survive and burst myself up OR it won't cause other deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikey View Post
    I made a post before about this issue but can't find it to bump it up.

For a Physician to spec a break free it's like 24 points in RS or 16 points in MM, there might be more but still the point is that you have to spec alot of points for it where as other healers have access to low end 2nd break frees.

I see now that new soul Primalist even got one built into their soul

Warrior can got low end of tempest 6 points, also have stun in Liberator.

Cleric have one in soul with Sentinel and also a stun- most people use that or lolPuri both spec are insane. 11 Cabalist is another option too.

I know mage have one in Stormcaller low end.

Why is it that Physician has to spend so many point for a 2nd break free? The amount of people running around with all their OGCD abilities in macros now is pathetic constant debilitate/ snare/ purge wtf

#Vladpls
    Physician is already incredibly powerful - it's the only healing soul that can laugh at a dom. Even libs can get locked down quite easily.

Plus cleanse soul OP

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Physician is already incredibly powerful - it's the only healing soul that can laugh at a dom.
    I only play my rogue so I'm rather ignorant about other classes (I'm learning, I promise). When the nerf dom threads started popping up I was so confused because I thought it was stupid for a dom to waste it's time focusing me. Transmogrify was really the only annoying part and with that getting nerfed, they're rather harmless to physicians.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I only play my rogue so I'm rather ignorant about other classes (I'm learning, I promise). When the nerf dom threads started popping up I was so confused because I thought it was stupid for a dom to waste it's time focusing me. Transmogrify was really the only annoying part and with that getting nerfed, they're rather harmless to physicians.
    Sometimes, I give up on healing and winning, go Paragon, and alacrity bomb the Dom and do nothing else.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-08-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Physician is already incredibly powerful - it's the only healing soul that can laugh at a dom. Even libs can get locked down quite easily.

Plus cleanse soul OP
    Except if your Adrenaline Shot is on CD and this Dom decides to energy drain you. Not much you can do then but stand there and accept your fate.

With that said, I agree that phys is fine with one break free ability. Obviously, I wouldn't say no to it, but I don't think it needs it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Except if your Adrenaline Shot is on CD and this Dom decides to energy drain you. Not much you can do then but stand there
    20 second cooldown (off GCD too)?
    5 second energy regen time?
    Energy pot?
    Run away? LOS the damn thing?

Doms can't instantly and continuously drain you non-stop. Rogues have twice the regeneration rate of warriors.

Plane Walker

Honestly, I don't really think it needs another break free. I'd take it if it were there, but ranged souls shouldn't really need more. If you position yourself well, don't chase your team too far, and use your break free more efficiently, you should be fine. Especially since most people don't target (well-positioned) healers.
    My point is that all the others have/ can spec low break free but rogue. About play etc, this is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Here's what I've always done with the only break free I've ever had with Defiler:

Code:
                                  Am I above 45% hp? 
                     YES                                           NO
                       V                                            V
    Do I have UT (and/or mana to burst heal) Do I have UT (and/or mana to burst heal)
         V                          V             V                          V
        No                        Yes            No                        Yes 
                       V                                        V
          DONT USE BREAK FREE                      USE AT YOUR DISCRETION
    There are times when I've been stunned at 100% and dropped down to 50%, but I won't breakfree if I know I can survive and burst myself up OR it won't cause other deaths.
    TTK now is so small, when I know good DD are on the other team I am forced to hold break free, but then they know it's popped and it's pretty much done. Eu have very little player base everyone knows everyone pretty much.

Plus cleanse soul OP
    Phys is not powerful compare to Primalist/ Puri/ Sent. About dom, I have yet to see a dom that can actually play dom apart from squirrel and 20 ability in 1 macro. You cant use cleanse soul if CC'd

I don't care which specs are OP tho the point is about break frees... Only Rogue is lacking an easy spec to one.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

My point is that all the others have/ can spec low break free but rogue. About play etc, this is not a problem.
    Well that's an issue with the other classes having too many over rogues not having enough.

Phys is not powerful compare to Primalist/ Puri/ Sent.
    Physician is more powerful than Puri in pvp.

Plus cleanse soul OP
    Excluding Mana Wrench for mana users, Preserver trumps Physician when against Dom.

- Preserver => Restore
    - Purifier => Sterilize
    - Sentinel => Cleansing Prayer (reduced gcd spam ST cleanse)

Edit: But bad Doms will focus dumping debuffs on the wrong people. You prioritize MR for casters, dump your debuffs on DPS (not a rogue), and then manage everything else after that. I'll dump on a Liberator as well if they don't have a Pocketr Puri/Preserver since they have the full 1.5s GCD for ST cleansing.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-08-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Plane Walker

Physician is more powerful than Puri in pvp.

I have to disagree

Excluding Mana Wrench for mana users, Preserver trumps Physician when against Dom.

- Preserver => Restore
    - Purifier => Sterilize
    - Sentinel => Cleansing Prayer (reduced gcd spam ST cleanse)

Edit: But bad Doms will focus dumping debuffs on the wrong people. You prioritize MR for casters, dump your debuffs on DPS (not a rogue), and then manage everything else after that. I'll dump on a Liberator as well if they don't have a Pocketr Puri/Preserver since they have the full 1.5s GCD for ST cleansing.
    I hear Stalled is quite annoying, especially when the enemy team has Riftblades or Nightblades or anything else with a small drain.

I hear Stalled is quite annoying, especially when the enemy team has Riftblades or Nightblades or anything else with a small drain.
    Nope, it's not as bad as a select few make it out to be. I'd rather have a Dom or NB sit on me than impact my mana users any day. It doesn't prevent me from healing or using CDs in any shape or form.

Nope, it's not as bad as a select few make it out to be. I'd rather have a Dom or NB sit on me than impact my mana users any day. It doesn't prevent me from healing or using CDs in any shape or form.
    Having your healing output lowered by up to 50%, which lasts 20 seconds, is uncleansable, and is easily refreshed is better than getting drained, popping adrenaline shot and then a CD, or running away and recovering all your energy in under 5 seconds?

A dom or NB doesn't even need to sit on you. They just need to refresh every 15 seconds.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-08-2016 at 08:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast