+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Melee and Ranged Specs?

Soulwalker

Default Top Melee and Ranged Specs?

Hello all!

Since I've gotten my rogue ready for experts now, I would like to know what the top specs are for Range and Melee DPS. Anyone mind letting me in on this?

Thanks!

Top ranged spec is 61 Marksman. Top melee spec depends on the fight. There's 38/38 nbsin, 61 sin, and 54/22 Sinbd
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

I would assume the set piece crystal would be the Slayer's aswell?

That said any sort of guide to the MM build?

Slayer's once you're CP capped though if you're just expert ready, Warmaster's might still be better. And here's the MM guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Don't forget 61 Nightblade! For those fights where cleave works well. The ST damage is not bad either.

As Artewig mentioned, Warmasters crystal is going to be a better deal until you reach a raiding gear level (Crit Power Capped, and Dex/AP stats significantly improved) after that the Slayers will net more performance.

You can check this later by equipping each crystal and checking ability tooltips, then do the math to determine if ability damages from slayers out-weigh the 350 Attack Power bonus you gain from Warmasters.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Bosses:-
    Apart from one exception, NTE bosses are all ST and, with a little experience, can be done in melee for optimal DPS. Different fight mechanics mean some specs are weaker or stronger there but, generally speaking, NB/Sin is the best overall. Sin and Sin/BD will offer similar DPS, and a good option if you need an interrupt, but both suffer badly if having to move out of melee much to avoid stuff, NB/Sin far less so. With practice, all are viable. 61NB is less useful as there is never really any cleaving needed so it won't keep up on DPS.

Until you know the fights well, you may feel more comfortable tackling some at range. For those, MM is what you want. It's a little behind melee specs in DPS but is still good and easy to play. It also has an interrupt (and a purge) which is useful.

Trash:-
    Trash fights in NTEs are all AoE fun. None of the above specs are much use here so you'll want to change to an AoE spec.
    Two options: Sab and BD, both are good and simple to play. With a half decent team, trash fights don't last long enough for sab to really get going. Bladedancer is as good as it gets and also has the advantage of doing fairly respectable ST damage.

One spec to rule them all:-
    When starting out you'll want to maximise your contribution, particularly id the team isn't great, so should choose the most optimal spec, so have several. Once your gear is good and you know what you are doing, you can do decent enough DPS for an NTE in any of the specs mentioned so can afford to pay around more. Indeed, if racing thru with an over-geared group you can be really lazy and do the whole thing as BD and not change spec at all. ST DPS isn't optimal but nobody is gonna vote-kick you if you are doing 75k instead of 80k.
    Last edited by Synchro; 02-06-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBilll View Post
    Hello all!

Since I've gotten my rogue ready for experts now, I would like to know what the top specs are for Range and Melee DPS. Anyone mind letting me in on this?

Thanks!
    I just wanted to say thank you for asking, instead of just joining those experts as Ranger on both ST and AOE ;)
    The above posts sum it all up nicely.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread