+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig

Thread: What Gear To Use For 61phys and 44tact heals? AP/CP/BIS?

Default What Gear To Use For 61phys and 44tact heals? AP/CP/BIS?

The question which every healer is thinking now and then and again by my guildies, what gear should you use for healer? full ap or cp or cap cp then ap which is mostly likely your dps spec but changing the trinket and crystal or use gears that gives the best stats gain?

Back in t1 raid i always thought ap was the way to go untill yobi proved something, i can no longer finds that thread... so i have changed to just using my dps gear and trying to use the bis gear for each slot excluding trinket and crystal. And people says again, go ap dont stack cp not even 2k-2.5k cp.

So?
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Personally I stack CP, but that's partially due to my gear itself. My healing focus is entirely AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Personally I stack CP, but that's partially due to my gear itself. My healing focus is entirely AP.
    art with an all AP core what is your cp in phys tact?

Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    art with an all AP core what is your cp in phys tact?
    2500 if I'm using my AP neck, 2721 if I'm using my CP neck. I usually use the CP neck. I could probably swap out an AP essence for a CP one, but as raid heals, it doesn't make a huge difference and I rarely ST heal in PvE
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    2500 if I'm using my AP neck, 2721 if I'm using my CP neck. I usually use the CP neck. I could probably swap out an AP essence for a CP one, but as raid heals, it doesn't make a huge difference and I rarely ST heal in PvE
    Very well then, that is like what i have atm, around that much of cp since most of them are from dps gears.

so as i am main spec raid heals I ended upmaking 2 focuses, 1 for crit power and one for AP. using the AP focus my heals are a lot higher but my cp # is around 2200 wth myap core.

with my cp core i am a around 3200? something like that, i am waiting to get some new lessers in pvp to swap it out for AP to lower my cp a bit.

**mykeyboard at work sucks guys lol srry
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 02-01-2016 at 11:49 AM.

At first, when you don't have great gear, stack all AP. AP is the main stat that will increase base healing. You crit chance will also low, maybe 25%, so crit power is only augmenting 1 in 4 hits. Also, raid DPS buffs don't all affect healing so you don't get quite the same ramping from crits for healers. Don't ignore CP altogether but you get a much better return stacking AP.

As gear improves you can start adding in more CP, aim to get it to 2k or so for crits to start making a difference. with better gear comes more Dex', giving more AP and you'll see your crit rate creep closer to 1 in 3. AP does have diminishing returns after a point so once you feel your base heals are good, rather than go for mostly AP items , equip the highest weighted item you can get your hands on for each slot.

The better your gear gets the easier this is to manage. Start with the focus. Have one for healing and one for DPS. For Healing you can have all AP essences. My healing gear (mostly T3 level now) is largely the same as my DPS gear except for the focus, synergy crystal and proccing items such as trinkets.
    Last edited by Synchro; 02-02-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchro View Post
    At first, when you don't have great gear, stack all AP. AP is the main stat that will increase base healing. You crit chance will also low, maybe 25%, so crit power is only augmenting 1 in 4 hits. Also, raid DPS buffs don't all affect healing so you don't get quite the same ramping from crits for healers. Don't ignore CP altogether but you get a much better return stacking AP.

As gear improves you can start adding in more CP, aim to get it to 2k or so for crits to start making a difference. with better gear comes more Dex', giving more AP and you'll see your crit rate creep closer to 1 in 3. AP does have diminishing returns after a point so once you feel your base heals are good, rather than go for mostly AP items , equip the highest weighted item you can get your hands on for each slot.

The better your gear gets the easier this is to manage. Start with the focus. Have one for healing and one for DPS. For Healing you can have all AP essences. My healing gear (mostly T3 level now) is largely the same as my DPS gear except for the focus, synergy crystal and proccing items such as trinkets.
    This is a good guide to follow. When I swap from dps to heals, I swap 4 things. My focus, my synergy crystal, my trinket, and my neck (I use an AP neck so I swap to a CP neck to keep my CP up).

Good thing to know, back in t1 i had to change a lot stuff but down to few during t2 raid, where as know, im just switching my focus, crystal and trinket, my neck is already ap because i have thought about the gear stats before hand. Everything else is from dps gear.

Back in SL, I solo healed TotDQ on my warrior with both ap- and cp-focused gear. The return you get for cp is so huge that the difference on average is negligible.
    It still stands now: I stopped getting separate healing and dps gear. I heal in dps gear (at the cp soft cap), and it works just fine
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Synchro View Post

This is a great response! Now I don't have to type it. :P

I also use two focus one full AP with heal Greaters that proc AP, and one full CP with CP proc greaters. By doing this it also allowed me to sidegrade most of my armor to Attack Power (for CP Cap balance) so that when I switch to heals now I have a LOT of AP stacked for big base healing.
    In heal setup I have around 25% crit power and 30% self buffed crit rate with 15k+ attack power plus an additional 380 AP available from Healing greater Essence procs.

Has worked nicely for me!
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

+ Reply to Thread