+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling spec for returning player

Telaran

Default Leveling spec for returning player

Hi there,
    im back to Rift after 2 years and not exactly up to date...
    My rogue is currently at level 60 with old lvl 60 raid gear. I tried the Laethys chronicle (not the hardmode bosses) yesterday and i was not really happy with the progress of the fights.
    So i wanted to ask if someone has a farming build, preferably with good AoE and a bit of self-healing? Ive got the Tactician soul but no Physician (yet, is the soul worth it?).

I tried the NB/RS soloing spec from the guide compendium but somehow i dont like it very much. Is there perhaps a viable Tactician build? I kinda like that soul... :-)

Thank you.

Rift Disciple

NT is not very AOE friendly. NBRS is good for chaining one pull to the next. I don't have phys but phystact may work for you.

Not sure what I could recommend with Tact as I don't play the soul but I've always seen it paired up with Phys. Without that soul not sure what build to recommend for Tact.

For AoE soloing bladedancer has some great AoE and utility. There is a healing ability but it's a bit weak. Bladedancer has a toggled ability that increases run speed and reduces damage taken (Defensive Pose). Also has a bunch of dances that increases your damage and one for increase dodge chance which gives you a window to be a bit "tankier" than normal.

61 Bladedancer Guide

For myself I usually run with Bard for soloing large groups of mobs. It's a bit slower DPS wise but it's brain dead easy to play and the heals and shielding are enough to keep my health steady. I also like the visuals of the lute

Sab has some good AoE DPS as well. Might be something that interests you. No healing component with any of the most used specs I am aware of though

For leveling you'd probably have downtime with bladedancer as a bard probably not.
    Last edited by Elisaveta; 01-25-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Rift Master

Phystact is used as an AoE healing spec for group content, not for solo/leveling.

If you enjoy the play of tact, then url=http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t8g/TkGlkl9ukGA/Bh0]this[/url] could work. Restorative bolt is a decent self heal that can top you off as you kite enemies if you get in a little over your head.

Compared to BD, I've prefered tact because it requires far less management, and has better up time for it's AoE. It's also far better able to gather up mobs to take them down as a group. However, it's single target DPS is quite lower, and given how much further spaced enemies are in NT zones compared to others, you might find you end up taking enemies down as solo mobs far more than you previously did.

Telaran

Thanks all of you, for your ideas.
    Ill try them out today

+ Reply to Thread