+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Upgrade

Shadowlander

Default Weapon Upgrade

Hi guys, I have a quick question related to gearing (it's not really rogue specific, but I didn't know where to post it elsewhere...).

Basically I am sitting on the t2 IGP weapon with cp, upgradable to the relic with the aoe dmg proc. I also received an eye recently (guild run, so I don't expect to get an eye soon, not in the next 2-3 weeks at least). We do run 3/4 bosses dropping the ap proc weapon in HK with 2 other guys competing for the drop.

And with that information, my question: would you recommend to wait for the ap proc weapon or to upgrade the current weapon? How big is the difference in between these weapons st-dps-wise for assdancer/nbsin?

Your recommendations are much appreciated. Ty a lot in advance!

If you don't have a reliable source of an eye any time soon, but you anticipate getting the HK weapon sooner, I'd say hold off
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

Hi Artewig, thanks for the fast reply. Any idea how big the delta in dps would look like? Maybe 3% increase for the IGP and 5% for HK (just throwing around random numbers here)? I am 90% t2 equipped, if that helps giving a feedback.

Ty again for your feedback in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatia View Post
    Hi guys, I have a quick question related to gearing (it's not really rogue specific, but I didn't know where to post it elsewhere...).

Basically I am sitting on the t2 IGP weapon with cp, upgradable to the relic with the aoe dmg proc. I also received an eye recently (guild run, so I don't expect to get an eye soon, not in the next 2-3 weeks at least). We do run 3/4 bosses dropping the ap proc weapon in HK with 2 other guys competing for the drop.

And with that information, my question: would you recommend to wait for the ap proc weapon or to upgrade the current weapon? How big is the difference in between these weapons st-dps-wise for assdancer/nbsin?

Your recommendations are much appreciated. Ty a lot in advance!
    Upgrade the current weapon. The increase in weapon DPS is more important than the proc.

The AP proc IS stronger than conflag (which is worth ~700 in ST), but not overwhelmingly so. You'll want to upgrade both eventually anyways, and eyes tend to become common than AP proc one hands (which can be frustratingly rare). If you upgrade now, you're gain DPS and help your guild progress that much quicker. If you hold off, you might not get the first AP proc weapon from Estrode anyways.

Estrode and Sicaron are the only HK bosses other than Aky that drop one hands by the way, and they have relatively large loot tables. You may not see the weapon you want for months (but then again, you might see it next week). I've done HK every week since it was released in this expansion, and I think I've seen maybe 3 warrior AP one hands.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-24-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Champion

Upgrade now for Weapon DPS

<Transcendent>

+ Reply to Thread