+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: Synergy crystals

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Synergy crystals

This doesn't seem to be commonly known information so here goes. When primalist calling was introduced it also caused changes in the synergy crystals because primalist doesn't have builders and finishers like rogues and warriors have. So the finisher bonus was changed by adding fury abilities being affected to it. The important part however is that the builder bonus was changed to affect single target non-finishers instead of just builders. Unlike the old builder bonus this bonus also affects things like weapon enchants.

The result of this is that the slayer's crystal is currently better for single target dps than warmaster's crystal by a fairly clear margin unless your gear is absolutely terrible like expert blues and such.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually didn't know anything was changed. Is it better for every ST spec or only particular ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually didn't know anything was changed. Is it better for every ST spec or only particular ones?
    All of them with the possible exception of ranger which is barely a dps spec anyway.
    Last edited by Gery; 01-04-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Shadowlander

Are you sure about weapon enchants? Did some tests with nb\sin, and looke like its not affect poisons

Rift Disciple

Done 3 minute parses 5 times with each crystal on MM and 61 Sin. Experiencing around 3500-4500 dps increase in MM for Slayer>Warmaster. 61 Sin I have fluctuated between -1500 and +1000 for Slayer vs Warmaster. Feels more like an rng thing than a rotation thing to me but I'm curious if others are experiencing similar results, or if they are doing noticeably better with Slayer's in 61 Sin as well?

I have been saying for a long time to people that Slayer is in most roles better than Warmaster. The reason behind this is that AP is a linear stat that gets reduced in value as we get more AP. Our other stats are all converted over to a % based damage, while AP does not. As we get more AP the value of Warmaster reduces, but Slayer never does. Once you get a certain amount of AP, post 3.0 expansion, you will want to use Slayer for the majority of your specs. I think around a year ago we estimated that full T1 would be a good point for that.

Sorry Gery, but this thread shows that the "non finisher" phrasing has been the same since it's release, but I thank you for further bringing this point to attention.

RIFT Guide Writer

Maybe I remember some pre live version of the crystal then. At least I remember testing the slayers crystal at some point and it didn't work on weapon enchants then.

So how much of a difference is there between the two? In Sinbd on Pagura last night, my dps was consistently higher with Warmaster's. Obviously there are quite a few factors, but it was rather consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    So how much of a difference is there between the two? In Sinbd on Pagura last night, my dps was consistently higher with Warmaster's. Obviously there are quite a few factors, but it was rather consistent.
    It's not a huge difference, something like 600-700 for assdancer so it gets drowned out in rng quite easily. The difference is smaller for NB and MM since have a smaller portion of damage coming from single target non-finishers.

+ Reply to Thread