+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking to improve rotations for my dps specs

Rift Disciple

Default Looking to improve rotations for my dps specs

I've only had this toon like 2 months and have mostly healed in PVP or played mm, now trying to branch out and actually get competent in multiple specs. How do these parses and breakdowns look for this gear level? 1425 hit but as you can see, random bits of NTE/Dreambreaker gear since I just hoarded t2/t3 marks until I finished sparkles then bought hit pieces.

I feel like I must be missing some piece of the puzzle for sin and nb/sin since they are only a bit ahead of MM, which I have put much more time into and have a decent amount of confidence in for pvp and pve whereas I've used 61 sin on Jino once, and I literally just put this nb/sin spec together 15 minutes ago and this is the 2nd parse. Actual parse for all three specs is 2-3k higher, I was just slow to click the combat end button on the meter.

Any suggestions are appreciated, my specs and rotations/priority are based on chamberdown's videos. I don't know how being unable to use slip away hurts my parse but it seems like there should be a larger gap between mm and the other two...I know there is a significant gap between my pyro and harb parses. Since I'm not familiar with what a damage breakdown in a parse for any rogue soul should look like, I have no clue if I'm missing something obvious

MM:
    Looking to improve rotations for my dps specs-parse61mm.jpg

61sin:
    Looking to improve rotations for my dps specs-parse61sin.jpg

nb/sin:
    Looking to improve rotations for my dps specs-parse38nbsin.jpg
    Last edited by onetime; 12-25-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Plane Walker

Apart from his guides, you should search the Rogue Class Guides on the forums to look at the rotations for Sin and NB/Sin respectively.

Some things off the top of my head:

1. You want to use Repetitive Strike instead of Timed Focus (the 64 mastery) for all of these specs. It's the highest DPS boost. You should also have the 65 mastery set to Energy Manipulation instead of whatever else you may have.

2. Serpent Strike is an important builder, so you should never set it on a 20s CD. For Sin, you just need to remember to keep Impale, Puncture, and Jagged Strike up, and it's a very easy rotation.

3. For NB/Sin, you want to use Dusk Strike as much as possible without draining yourself, so don't macro it in. I've kept Dusk Strike to Savage Strike at ~3:1, which is what the guide also suggests as well. Dusk to Dawn and Death from the Shadows are important builders, so you want to make sure you also know how to stack Heat Retention (the NB talent) with them.

4. You also don't have the same raid buffs, so you might have been already drained during your parse.

Also damn, you had your character for 2 months and got to 1400 hit already? WTF. Also, post a SS of your stats along with the gear, not just the gear itself.
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-25-2015 at 09:45 PM.
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Nbsin is always going to have a bad parse on the dummy, for multiple reasons.

1) Verse of joy is a dps boost for it, and not for sin or mm
    2) Phys damage will be higher on a dummy
    3) Nb/sin gets a sub 30% boost

If you want to parse 61 sin on a dummy, then go at least 0 points into ranger to summon the pet. Set the pet to defensive, and when you start your parse it will start hitting the dummy, allowing you to slip away in your parse. Slip away will be quite a noticeable increase, as it allows chaining of jagged strikes buffed by cloak and dagger every 2 minutes
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 12-26-2015 at 08:00 AM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Rift Disciple

Thank you both for all the suggestions, I'll try to incorporate as much of it as I can and check out the guides in the forum here. I feel kind of dumb for not just using the pet on my Sin parse since I'm used to doing it for Harb. Energy Manipulation isn't in the parse because I was using the Energy mastery to parse so I wouldn't starve myself prematurely since I didn't have access to someone to give me an Energy buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Also damn, you had your character for 2 months and got to 1400 hit already? WTF. Also, post a SS of your stats along with the gear, not just the gear itself.
    I screwed up the pictures, but the 2nd one with the 61 Sin parse shows all my stats. I just hoarded T2/T3 marks without spending any until after sparkles so I was able to buy two T3 hit pieces (was lucky to get legs from sparkles), two hit T2 pieces, and also get the T2 neck from the event. Went from 1150 to 1425 in about 5 minutes after finishing sparkles. Still a bunch of random Dreambreaker pieces, non upgraded endurance heavy Ephemeral lessers/non upgraded NMR5 lessers and a crafted trinket so my AP is way lower than it would be had I reached 1425 by actually raiding and gearing normally. Gotta love Trion's new gearing philosophy...never stepped into a T2 raid on this toon but >1400 hit. Made the toon on 10/29, dinged 65 on 11/3 and there were a couple weeks where I only logged on this toon for a couple hours to do PTW and PVP weeklies then didn't play it again because the little time I did have to play I spent on my main. I had some boa token tablets on my main and they give you some soulbound ones at character creation which is how I was able to cap T2 marks most weeks.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Thank you both for all the suggestions, I'll try to incorporate as much of it as I can and check out the guides in the forum here. I feel kind of dumb for not just using the pet on my Sin parse since I'm used to doing it for Harb. Energy Manipulation isn't in the parse because I was using the Energy mastery to parse so I wouldn't starve myself prematurely since I didn't have access to someone to give me an Energy buff.

I screwed up the pictures, but the 2nd one with the 61 Sin parse shows all my stats. I just hoarded T2/T3 marks without spending any until after sparkles so I was able to buy two T3 hit pieces (was lucky to get legs from sparkles), two hit T2 pieces, and also get the T2 neck from the event. Went from 1150 to 1425 in about 5 minutes after finishing sparkles. Still a bunch of random Dreambreaker pieces, non upgraded endurance heavy Ephemeral lessers/non upgraded NMR5 lessers and a crafted trinket so my AP is way lower than it would be had I reached 1425 by actually raiding and gearing normally. Gotta love Trion's new gearing philosophy...never stepped into a T2 raid on this toon but >1400 hit. Made the toon on 10/29, dinged 65 on 11/3 and there were a couple weeks where I only logged on this toon for a couple hours to do PTW and PVP weeklies then didn't play it again because the little time I did have to play I spent on my main. I had some boa token tablets on my main and they give you some soulbound ones at character creation which is how I was able to cap T2 marks most weeks.
    That's awesome! Also, I was just blind and didn't see that you posted your stats in your 2nd SS
    Wonskee / Wonrock / Wonlove
    @Deepwood
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Dusk to Dawn and Death from the Shadows are important builders, so you want to make sure you also know how to stack Heat Retention (the NB talent) with them.
    Changes made quite a while ago to Heat Retension mean there's no need to manage it any more. Just play as normal, and it'll take care of itself.

+ Reply to Thread