+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for which souls work best for soling raids.

Soulwalker

Default Looking for which souls work best for soling raids.

I quit playing Rift shortly before ID was released and just recently came back. I now have gotten my Rogue to 65 and kinda working on gear in randoms (REDs once I get the stats) so I decided to go solo the old lvl 50 experts, MM, and try some of the raids. I however am not fairing so well and was curious which souls work best for this. Currently I have been using a leveling build I picked up which works for experts but does not fare well in the Raids. I have tried GSB and almost got one boss down and I have killed 2 bosses in GP but I am not having any luck in the others. Please point me in the right direction as to what I can do to make it work or I might have to finish leveling my Cleric and try again.

P.S. Some help with soloing builds for the cleric wouldnt hurt either if anyone knows any.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.S. I would do them in a group but I am the only one left in my Guild so I have no one to do them with hence the soloing.

Bladedancer solo (Muspel's guide), or anything with 8+ RS and 4+ tact as secondary souls (e.g. Nightblade)

I like Assassin to skip trash, though (but try to get a second break free for some bosses)

Rift Master

With full T1 gear, plus some T2 pieces, I can get through GP, DH, RotP, and all but Greenscale using 61sin/11Rng/4NB. For a couple of the bosses, pulling out the razorbeast is nice as they have mechanics that will disable you if you don't have another target for them to hit. As well, as forbidden said, it also allows you to sneak past the trash (particularly nice for GSB). Just note that you can't use Sneak Away during the fight as you'll reset the boss in most instances.

For Greenscale, I use 61 MM so I can easily hit him in the air. 61NB would probably work as well.

With lower gear, you'll probably want to have a 61 ranger build as well. A couple of the bosses you can burn through (last one in DH in particular) with higher gear, but if you can't meet the threshold, you need an off target for them to some mechanics.

As for using 8RS + 4 tact: The 8RS is pointless, since you don't need the heals from boosted recovery (as the boss is the only mob you're generally killing). 4 tact is okay, but I find vampiric essence in most cases is the only self healing I actually need (General Silgen requires some precise use of Enduring Brew & Soul Stream to get through Eradicate though).

Shadowlander

Drowned Halls:
    1st Boss: 61 BD or 61 NB (to have two break-frees from the stuns/hex. If you go the 61 BD route you can use dancing steel to become immune to CC)
    2nd Boss: any ST spec
    3rd Boss: MM, possibly with 15 into BD for a 2nd interrupt (the interrupt hits for % hp, so still hard)
    4th Boss: Same as 1st because she hexes, if your dps is low you will need to do the add phase as well (kill the 3 mounds, aoe the adds).

Gilded Prophecy:
    1st-2nd Boss: any ST (no noticable damage)
    3rd Boss: 61 BD with planar variation (self-healing). He is immune every 10-20%, so just have self-healing to survive near the end (lots of ghosts hitting you). Meditative trance finisher makes this easy.
    4th Boss: With low DPS this guy can be hard, as he will "imprison" you in a crystal and softlock the encounter. Run ranger so your raptor can kill him after you get frozen. If your dps is high enough you can just burn him.

Rise of the Pheonix:
    The guy with the prisoners (back of the instance) and the phoenix hurt. I recommend a ST spec with 15 into physician so you can use urgent-care as an 8 sec cd self heal. The other two bosses are easy, just run a ST spec.

GSB:
    1st-2nd boss: ST (can cleave on 2nd boss though)
    3rd Boss: have an extra breakfree because he stuns you during the bomb burn phases (again, 61 BD and 61 NB work well)
    4th Boss: ST with AoE to cleanup the resurrected adds (61 NB or 61 BD works best)
    Greenscale: I think 61 NB is best for this, as you are supposed to aoe down 3 sets of adds. However if you push greenscale's hp too fast he heals and the adds despawn. This fight gets really screwed up when you push the phases too fast so make sure to have self-healing near the end.

For most instances, going 61 BD and chain pulling the trash is usually best. Assasin with slip-away is best for GSB though, as the adds have a tendency to permastun you if you chain pull them (get to the boss area and then slip-away to drop all trash aggro).
    Last edited by S3mp; 11-11-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Here's the build I like to use to solo very hard content:

61 ranger, 11 physician, 4 tactician: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#X...GGlaB4/Tf|TIPw

Use the raptor pet as dps; you are the tank, not your boar pet. Use vampiric essence, curative engine, and spirit of the wilderness for passive self healing. For moderately challenging content, that should be enough to keep you going. Just play the spec as a normal 61 ranger build.

For the extremely hard content that you may not overgear, you can replace quick shot with surgical strike as your builder, and use medicinal leeching and urgent care on cooldown with planar variation as your once a minute full heal. Don't forget to cleanse yourself with detox for important debuffs. Your dps will take a hit by using surgical strike instead of quickshot as your builder, but sometimes the extra healing is needed more than dps.

This build does require both of the rogue premium souls to be unlocked, but it's by far and away the best balance between dps and self healing I've found in the rogue souls. A lot of people will say "lol just use vampiric essence and that's plenty" but most of the people saying that massively overgear the content they solo.
    Last edited by Sinzar; 11-25-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar View Post
    it's by far and away the best balance between dps and self healing I've found in the rogue souls.
    Sorry, but if this is the best you've found, you need to keep looking.

The Rogue Guides forum would be a good place to start your search.

I have been using 61 MM with the rest in Phys for ST fights and i switch to 61 Sab with the rest in Phys for AOE fights.
    It's simple, the DPS is good and the heals are more than enough. I run three of the LVL 50 raids solo each week with no trouble.
    Obviously you could get more involved and find better but simple works for me.

Shadowlander

61 Ranger + Raptor (because those bosses have stun mechanics that can be really annoying)
    DH First and Last Boss
    GP Last boss
    RotP First boss

61 Assassin / 15 phys
    RotP Third Boss (General), if you dont want to do the prisioner mechanic, you will need 15 phys to heal yourself and survive. This boss also drops a debuff on you that stun you like each 3 sec and with those points in phys you can just cleanse that stuff.

61 Bladedancer
    GB Greenscale: I like bladedancer this battle becuase its easy to kill the trash before GB heal him self eating they. But if you have dps, can go full 61 assassin.

Full 61 assassin
    All the rest of bosses =)

honestly i quit rift after Maelforge in ID right when storm legion hit- i found the content absolutely boring.

I came back for nightmare tide.

I was not able to solo raids at first- now I have been able to for quite some time.

As a rogue i was solo'ing GSB for example, as MM when i needed an interrupt (mostly on the fae's that turn you into a squirrel) other than that I used sab on groups of trash, MM on most bosses because you dont take a lot of dmg, and I used bard on Hylas AND greenscale. Mainly because on those you do take a bit more damage and if you are decent at bard, you can heal yoursefl as well as do 30k+ dmg on bosses

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    As a rogue i was solo'ing GSB for example, as MM when i needed an interrupt (mostly on the fae's that turn you into a squirrel) other than that I used sab on groups of trash
    Use 61 sin to walk through all the trash and skip it.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Use 61 sin to walk through all the trash and skip it.
    And use 61nb or asadancer for bosses.

Granted my Rogue is the last loved of my alts and somehow the first that hit 65, it's somewhere around 1075 hit with mostly unupgraded pvpgear and below cp cap/far from anything decent, I've soloed all the lvl 50 raids in respective amounts of time, including the no plat from bosses waste of time called river of souls.
    No Bladedancer or Ranger was ever used (though I'll give the darn pig a chance to tag along for stunfrenzy from now on I guess since all you'll hear from me on those is * ** *** **** ***** and so on.

Granpa was the first thing I used to take into those, with less gear that is. It works, just takes ages but at least it negates quite a lot of mechanics since you really just tank it away either way.

With the bit of gear it has though, sneak past trash in sin (obviously fastest way to these things). That and the passive endurance based regeneration mastery usually solves most issues.
    Duke/Infiltrator usually in mm/sin/nightblade whatever floats the boat at the moment, use passive heal mastery for infiltrator in case bombs go off, oracle usually in nightblade, greenscale obviously in mm.
    Galenir in mm (gotta get hit every now and then else just kite, multiple stacks of the tankdebuff = bad when he turns in last phase but having less than 1 = constant essence flow healing the boss)
    foci (just sin em and slip away again, ignore trash around)
    gaurath in mm, simple hit and run, don't hit adds at all, helps if cleaning up beforehand or might need a bit more healing (quick swap to tact mm does that, same as before galenir)
    plutonus 61 sin with enough in phys for maintenance therapy + mm builders, dots and healing finisher make up for no extra break free, keep playing dps aggressively but always fire a healing finisher after the 75% lightning hit on yourself, ALWAYS)
    Alsbeth nb is fine, mm is fine with healing channel mastery in case, tact can faceroll her too.

Igp
    trash in sin, anrak/guurloth/thaalguur in sin
    urluuk in mm, burst him down asap, start from the middle rock so his teleport doesn't interrupt your dps and he shouldn't even get to the crystal phase, lack a bit dps for that? np, passive healing mastery makes you outlast the crystalphase.

IDH
    tact mm on trash or just stealth through, they die very fast anyhorse.
    pref nb on first two bosses for the 2nd break free
    if you can burn the third without interrupts, do so, nb works too for tt but needs to push it a bit more, I'm usually just doing it in mm these days gotta time interrupts a bit though, first has to land and usually happens as you start sentry battery -,- obviously rather wait and lose the critbuff there then for the rupt qq.
    Hydriss is all about nb again, that cc.

rotp first boss in whatever, sneak past trash beyond this, 2nd boss in whatever, both are faceroll.
    Silgen most solid way: open cages, save break free for incinerate, faceroll, try not to curse too much because of the spam cc, play nb for 2nd break free obviously.
    With more gear? nb and push the deeps, who cares about cages (has to die before 2nd incinerate then obviously cuz tt cd)
    phoenix in whatever.

I mean I could do some t1 on the rogue, somewhen I guess :P

+ Reply to Thread