+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By N3okorrales
  • 1 Post By N3okorrales

Thread: Is Bard worth paying

Soulwalker

Default Is Bard worth paying

I am new to game and have been running around as a bard and I am loving it. So my question is......Is bard worth learning and playing to a high level and is it useful in raids/dungeons?

I just dont want to waste my time learning a role only to find out is is useless once I hit endgame content

pls help

and thanks to any who reply

Prophet of Telara

Outside raids bards(oracles) are kinda useless, theres a pvp spec without raid cds that works in pvp.

Worth mentioning that you can get more roles and thats something you should do so you can also use dps specs(nbsin,61sin,61nb,61bd,asadancer,61mm) healing(phystact) and the already mentioned bard as support, depending on the situation(boss) or your guilds roster(i asume by high end you mean raiding)

It is used in endgame raiding. Raids are compromised of two support (usually): Either a bard or oracle (they don't stack well) and either a Beastmaster or Archon (once again, don't stack well). So I'd definitely say it's worth learning and being able to play well at. Anything you can do to bring more to the group will make you look better so being able to support or dps is helpful and allows you to be flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Bard is vital in endgame raids, to the point that every single raid absolutely *needs* a bard (or an Oracle, which provides the same set of buffs).

It isn't used at all in dungeons, because there aren't enough people to buff for the personal DPS loss to be worth it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-08-2015 at 09:46 PM.

also, if you haven't bought the xpacs for the new souls, bard with tact does a pretty decent job aoe healing with decent dps. i've even been messing with a nightblade/bard build for pvp that's fun. but yeah, i agree you should get a few more roles and learn those as well. if nothing else, it makes you more versatile.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

If you are new to the game, kinda like me, your utility-soul options aren't that many so you kinda need to build a bard build to have one -- just in case. I "main" as marksman, but second as bard if needed (mostly IA and Rifts, 90% I don't have to swap -- but it happens.).

I must say that my bard skills are truly lacking but I was 2nd in DPS in an IA yesterday while keeping the group alive -- okay okay not the best group I've seen but still...

Rift Chaser

I run the nightbard build.

This build does more DPS than my marksman build, I am constantly top/near top DPS in warfronts, world bosses, NMR's, dungeons, and of course noobland IA's.

The build is very versatile, and resilient.

It has massive burst every minute, provides 5% stat boosts to entire raid (Within range), additional healing from every cadenza, 7% elemental and 5% physical debuff to every stack, 15% runspeed in combat/out of combat, 30% healing reduction on target and quite strong self healing in open world (Not so much in PVP as it's neutered to hell and back)

Give that build a try, you might like it.

Just for gods sake, stay away from ranger....

Ascendant

Bard is 100% free, you don't have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post

Just for gods sake, stay away from ranger....
    The pet is bloody awesome while solo leveling. (Used the basic one while I leveled a MM and didn't really die once.)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    I run the nightbard build.

This build does more DPS than my marksman build, I am constantly top/near top DPS in warfronts, world bosses, NMR's, dungeons, and of course noobland IA's.
    Thats a huge lie or not properly worded...nightbard doesnt do more dps than mm unless you play mm wrong.

my night-bard does pretty close to my mm's dps, but i didn't go nearly as far into the bard tree as he. 4 pts in rs for the AP and endurance buff. 15 pts in bard for the +ele damage, resist anthem, and buff to self heals/dps, and the +movement anthem for mounting and running. the rest went into NB. the only finishers i use are scourge (for the added damage per hit), coda of wrath (main finisher; also heals everyone when used), and the NB aoe finisher (top tree talent-forgot the name). works well in pve and pvp situations.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Prophet of Telara

I think i havent linked this enough....

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...man-guide.html

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Thats a huge lie or not properly worded...nightbard doesnt do more dps than mm unless you play mm wrong.
    I will fully admit that it's quite possible that I can't play marksman "correctly" or that I play Nightbard better than most.

Before I picked up the nightbard build, I had been playing full bard so I am extremely comfortable with the skills involved and timings and such.

I don't record numbers but a couple that I remember from today:

75K DPS on Anrak the Foul in IGP.
    1.7M Damage, 770K Damage taken, 20 kills, 3 deaths in Blighted Antichamber.

I don't get near that with my marksman play.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

+ Reply to Thread