+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gimpojones

Thread: Frenetic shiv vs frost keepers stilleto

Soulwalker

Default Frenetic shiv vs frost keepers stilleto

wondering if the proc on the Frenetic shiv makes up for the loss of 20ish dex and 200 some strength? Would it only be better if you had the set bonus?

-ishadow

Exactly which ones do you have?
    Frenetic Shiv , Frenetic Shiv , ... Frenetic Shiv ??
    Frost Keeper's Stiletto, Frost Keeper's Stiletto

I don't see where the "200 some strength" is coming from
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 11-07-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Soulwalker

I have the frost keepers

Quote Originally Posted by gimpojones View Post
    I have the frost keepers
    Which two are you comparing? Assuming you have the dex heavy Frenetic Shiv and the epic Frost Keeper's Stiletto, you're looking at -31 dex, -85 strength, and +91 AP just from stat difference. That's assuming that you have the AP Frenetic Shiv (There's 6 variants of it: dex heavy CP. dex heavy AP, dex heavy PC, end heavy CP, end heavy AP, end heavy PC). It would help to know which one you're trying to compare. Also, is this for melee or ranged? Need a bit more information because I'd rather not do a comparison for each of the options. Also, if this is for melee, what's your other weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

for the set part - nope. its silly low damage.

hell, my luck's so bad with these damn wf boxes, i'm still stuck with empowered long sword and axe. i haven't even seen a dagger yet.
    which 2nd stat is actually better - the +AP or +CP? i've been trying to stack the crit damage bonus on the gear i actually have gotten. with my specs, i'm in the general area of 16% chance to crit, 41% crit bonus, and 6-8k AP... before buffs and such.
    Last edited by LSUdogg; 11-08-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Soulwalker

I have the vanilla frost keepers, as I read somewhere that all armor gear will downgrade in PVP from t1/t2. But the weapons won't? So I've just upgraded to all Frenetic gear and I now have that bonus to Ethereal Touch, but I don't have Ethereal Touch! I read that it was on the daggers that comes from PVP. When I look at the stats between the daggers, the dps seems to be the same, but what i saw was different was the fact that my current daggers have strength and a bit extra dex. However, with the proc on the pvp dagger, I was curious if the proc on the pvp dagger only put it on par with what I have because of the stats dmg wise. Of course there is the cool factor of having procing weapons!

on stats, for me, i go for CP>ATP. If i were more into raids, i'd probably want more white dmg and go for ATP. Now the whole difference between CP and PC i don't really get, on is based on general the other is based on non-magic hits? I'm sure someone in this thread knows.

Sorry if i'm not making it clear. I'm a 61pt sin rogue so i'm all about stabbing u in the neck when you not looking, or trying to sneakily drink behind a pillar. (opportunist)
    Last edited by gimpojones; 11-08-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpojones View Post
    I have the vanilla frost keepers, as I read somewhere that all armor gear will downgrade in PVP from t1/t2. But the weapons won't? So I've just upgraded to all Frenetic gear and I now have that bonus to Ethereal Touch, but I don't have Ethereal Touch! I read that it was on the daggers that comes from PVP. When I look at the stats between the daggers, the dps seems to be the same, but what i saw was different was the fact that my current daggers have strength and a bit extra dex. However, with the proc on the pvp dagger, I was curious if the proc on the pvp dagger only put it on par with what I have because of the stats dmg wise. Of course there is the cool factor of having procing weapons!

on stats, for me, i go for CP>ATP. If i were more into raids, i'd probably want more white dmg and go for ATP. Now the whole difference between CP and PC i don't really get, on is based on general the other is based on non-magic hits? I'm sure someone in this thread knows.

Sorry if i'm not making it clear. I'm a 61pt sin rogue so i'm all about stabbing u in the neck when you not looking, or trying to sneakily drink behind a pillar. (opportunist)
    In pvp, any piece of gear above T1 epic (so all T1 purples are okay), gets downbolstered. That includes weapons. So all of the shivs and the frost keeper's weapon would be fine, except for the relic Frost Keeper's weapon. Now, for a melee spec, you want the weapon in your Main Hand slot to have the highest weapon dps. Now, since they all have 740 weapon dps (aside from the relic, Frost Keeper's), you're honestly not going to see a huge difference, especially in PvP. I used the CP Frenetic weapon into T2 because the high CP allowed me to be flexible with CP-AP swaps, plus there was a proc. I would say if you have them both, I would just use whichever (probably the frenetic weapon, but like I said, not a huge difference) but I would make sure you hold on to the Frost Keeper's weapon. If you decided to do PvE, the relic Frost Keeper's weapon has 768 weapon dps and unless you have anything better, that should go in your Main Hand slot for PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread