+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: How viable is NB in T2 at the moment?

Soulwalker

Default How viable is NB in T2 at the moment?

I pretty much used NB on every boss encounter as I really enjoy playing this spec.

3.4 brought some changes to BD and fixed the zerker bug and I've been away for a couple of weeks. So now I'm curious.

What are your experiences with viability of NB now? Is ST dps still ok? Someone told me it's worse than MM at the moment.
    Should I play BD on Matron now?
    /moo

Quote Originally Posted by Saamoa View Post
    I pretty much used NB on every boss encounter as I really enjoy playing this spec.

3.4 brought some changes to BD and fixed the zerker bug and I've been away for a couple of weeks. So now I'm curious.

What are your experiences with viability of NB now? Is ST dps still ok? Someone told me it's worse than MM at the moment.
    Should I play BD on Matron now?
    you can basically use nb on every bosses in igp or hk except rune king that i know of, im not sure about bosses after zilas though, i dont know about the st dps part but nb out dps mm when cleave is needed as in igp 1/3/4 hk 1/3(estrode)/4(matron), you can do bd on matron if more ae is needed or nb if more st is needed, nb still does more st dmg than bd does at the moment.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    you can basically use nb on every bosses in igp or hk except rune king that i know of, im not sure about bosses after zilas though, i dont know about the st dps part but nb out dps mm when cleave is needed as in igp 1/3/4 hk 1/3(estrode)/4(matron), you can do bd on matron if more ae is needed or nb if more st is needed, nb still does more st dmg than bd does at the moment.
    If you're cleaving on Thalguur, you're just padding. In order for nb to work well on estrode, the adds have to be pulled into melee range. If they're pulled too far in the red, your dps will drop quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

How many bosses do you mean by every boss? Is your guild 1/11 5/11 10/11 11/11????

NB zerker proc was fixed so ST DPS isn't great now so no, you shouldn't be using it on every fight in HK. Sin and 38 should be your bread and butter for ST fights, assdancer if you can play it is great also.

Yes, a properly played MM has higher ST than NB, just most rogues don't play MM correctly.

For Matron, yes, BD is perfectly viable to play on it now and also gives an interrupt if your guild needs it. You'll do less ST on Matron but thats not really an issue if you have good harbs and riftblades but you'll do much more on the adds and when the tome is clicked and tbh most rogues play NB wrong on that fight anyway (weapon flare useage. . .) Same goes for estrode if you don't use apo strat. If you enjoy NB play that on Matron, it's fine still, if you enjoy BD then play that, fight is a joke anyway. Sounds like you could do with changing it up a bit though if all you are playing is NB :P
    Last edited by crisbypancakes; 11-04-2015 at 05:37 AM.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Soulwalker

Thanks a lot for the replies!

I'm going to try BD more often. I'm really going to try to avoid MM as I really dont like standing at ranged doing pew pew ;-)
    /moo

RIFT Guide Writer

NB is still viable for fights that require cleaving. Uruluuk is a good fight for NB. In HK Zilas is still a good NB fight.

I have been using BD more than NB in cleaving fights recently because it offers better control over what I am cleaving and I can cleave a larger area. Also BD does not suffer a significant single target dps loss from cleaving it it's done properly unlike NB. I definitely prefer BD on Akylios and Garau now. Also BD is more fun after playing months and months of NB.

Soulwalker

I've been playing BD yesterday in HK, and to be honest -though I am still a bit rusty- I loved it. Now, back to the dummies ;-)
    /moo

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    If you're cleaving on Thalguur, you're just padding. In order for nb to work well on estrode, the adds have to be pulled into melee range. If they're pulled too far in the red, your dps will drop quite a bit.
    Oh, ok, just a bit more info on my part that Thalguur fight gives more energy regen, which works well with dusk strike if he ever been there.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Plane Touched

You cannot pad on Thalguur, and even if that isn't your intention you're still most likely going to end wasting SoD charges on the adds via LF/ToD cleave.

38/38 is a good choice.

+ Reply to Thread