+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By N3okorrales

Thread: ranger/marksman/riftstalker help

Soulwalker

Default ranger/marksman/riftstalker help

so i made a little dwarf with a bow which is what i wanted but her skill tree says marksman ranger and riftstalker. i am confused where to put my points. ive looked for guides and only seem to find for ranger marksman and nightblade( i think thats what one is). i wanted to play my toon as pve with bows only so i figure marksman but because theres diffrent trees thats confusing me even more. not used to a game where theres more then one skill tree lol. also i dont care if im going to be slow i just wanna be a pve dps single hits not much aoe. anyhelp i really appreciate it thanks

The main soul is Marksman, Riftstalker provides a bit of survivability, and Ranger gives extra attack power.

Assuming you are maxed out - you want to put 61 points into Marksman, 11 points into Ranger (Eagle Eye, Predatory Instincts, Wilderness Training), and 4 points into Riftstalker (Unseen Fury).
    For this build, use the following buffs:
    Static Shock Munitions
    Silver Tip Munitions
    Ranged Combat Mastery
    Free Recoil
    Predatory Instincts
    Planebound Resilience

For masteries, I follow the MM/Rng/NB guide.

Or, if you want a bit more survivability, you can put 8 points into Riftstalker and 7 in Ranger.
    Not sure if with Riftstalker which is the better option for 3 points:Toughened Soul or Greater Fortitude - but the first 5 points should go into Unseen Fury. This also gives you the buff Guardian Phase - though keep in mind the damage reduction.

With 7 points in Ranger, make sure one of those is in Predatory Instincts - its the reason many people use Ranger as a subsoul.

Alternatively, you could replace 61 MM, 11 Rng, 4 RS with 61 MM, 11 Bladedancer, 4 RS.
    11 points in Bladedancer would give you Side Steps (increase dodge by 50% for 15s when you're taking heavy damage). Here, you can decide between Ambidextrous (dexterity) and Quick Reflexes (Crit %). 5 points also go into Blade Finess (AP and weapon damage). In my opinion, the 11th point should go into Sprint (increase movement speed 50% for 15s) - especially if you are going to solo PvE.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 10-14-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Soulwalker

im still a nooby not even lvl 5 yet hehe hopefully urs still helps

Telaran

this is the soul tree your looking for: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#AkGlllkGGyy/z8E/tf

Also check out this video from Grim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwC7...ion_2411693655

I would not worry too much about were you put points while leveling, you can always reset them for a planarite cost

the difference between a Rifstalker soul and Nightblade soul is Nightblade does slightly more damage, but for leveling you would not really see the difference, plus for leveling Riftstalker soul as more survivabilty

There is always as well the Ranger build, pretty much same as Marksman but uses a pet alot more and for new players some find it easier to play
    guide here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

I play both and to be honest there is not a great difference between them, but for me personally I prefer ranger its rotation is more 'fluid'
    Last edited by elvenmad; 10-14-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by elvenmad View Post
    this is the soul tree your looking for: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#AkGlllkGGyy/z8E/tf

Also check out this video from Grim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwC7...ion_2411693655

I would not worry too much about were you put points while leveling, you can always reset them for a planarite cost

the difference between a Rifstalker soul and Nightblade soul is Nightblade does slightly more damage, but for leveling you would not really see the difference, plus for leveling Riftstalker soul as more survivabilty

There is always as well the Ranger build, pretty much same as Marksman but uses a pet alot more and for new players some find it easier to play
    guide here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

I play both and to be honest there is not a great difference between them, but for me personally I prefer ranger its rotation is more 'fluid'
    As an advice never never never follow grim guides they are absolutely terrible. In this particular case ilikeoranges has a really good marksman guide, it doesnt have a leveling part but if you send him a pm in the forum im sure he can help you.

The diference between mm and ranger is pretty simple, mm does a lot more dmg.
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 10-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    As an advice never never never follow grim guides they are absolutely terrible. In this particular case ilikeoranges has a really good marksman guide, it doesnt have a leveling part but if you send him a pm in the forum im sure he can help you.

The diference between mm and ranger is pretty simple, mm does a lot more dmg.
    Yes I agree BUT the OP is level 5 and no were near fine tuning and theory crafting a class and looking for end game final soul tree builds,, he still as time to learn other options for the same basic class and see which he likes the most, Everybody plays differently and some get alot more out of a class than others.

Grims guide shows the Riftstalker build which is why I posted it

Yes 'currently 'Marksman' does do more damage than Ranger, but that is also situational and only really due to the changes a few patch's ago, that could change again, personally Ranger as far more manoeuvrability and an OP defensive CD.

Also for me personally its not about playing a class that 'apparantly' does the most damage, its all about playing a class I enjoy and you will always get the most out of a class you enjoy playing

My advise would be to play around with the various build combinations find one you really enjoy and make the most out of it and most of all have fun.. its a game
    Last edited by elvenmad; 10-14-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by elvenmad View Post
    Yes I agree BUT the OP is level 5 and no were near fine tuning and theory crafting a class and looking for end game final soul tree builds,, he still as time to learn other options for the same basic class and see which he likes the most, Everybody plays differently and some get alot more out of a class than others.

Grims guide shows the Riftstalker build which is why I posted it

Yes 'currently 'Marksman' does do more damage than Ranger, but that is also situational and only really due to the changes a few patch's ago, that could change again, personally Ranger as far more manoeuvrability and an OP defensive CD.

Also for me personally its not about playing a class that 'apparantly' does the most damage, its all about playing a class I enjoy and you will always get the most out of a class you enjoy playing

My advise would be to play around with the various build combinations find one you really enjoy and make the most out of it and most of all have fun.. its a game
    You didnt understand what i say, wasnt talking about grims mm guide i was talking about all his guides, they are absolutely garbage, his guides teach players how to play wrong. Basicaly taking as much skills into 1,2,3 buttons tops and smash.

Theres no "apparently" mm does a LOT more dmg than ranger, and to be more accurate every other "viable" rogue dps spec does a lot more dmg than ranger, mele specs>mm>ranger.Ranger is turning into a leveling spec so thats not gonna change for a long long long time.

You are aproaching this the wrong way, teach the new level 5 guys how to play properly and then if they decide to dumb down specs or to play not so strong specs because they like them more thats perfectly fine. You are not helping them if you teach them how to play wrong since the very begining.
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 10-16-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    You didnt understand what i say, wasnt talking about grims mm guide i was talking about all his guides, they are absolutely garbage, his guides teach players how to play wrong. Basicaly taking as much skills into 1,2,3 buttons tops and smash.

Theres no "apparently" mm does a LOT more dmg than ranger, and to be more accurate every other "viable" rogue dps spec does a lot more dmg than ranger, mele specs>mm>ranger.Ranger is turning into a leveling spec so thats not gonna change for a long long long time.

You are aproaching this the wrong way, teach the new level 5 guys how to play properly and then if they decide to dumb down specs or to play not so strong specs because they like them more thats perfectly fine. You are not helping them if you teach them how to play wrong since the very begining.

srsly. I never said grims guides were good or bad, I did say it showed the build the OP mentioned purely to help as he clearly stated he could not find any info at all. It was only to to help.

As for a 'right' and 'wrong' way to play....really... he is lvl 5, and admits knows nothing about the game, yet. again it was only to help.

If there was only ONE right way to play what is the point of all the soul tree combinations for each class, seems pretty pointless...

Most people play MMO's for fun and entertainment,... its a game, we are all only human, we are all different and everybody plays differently and enjoys completely different things. If every new player HAD to follow one class in one specific build with no variations to fit their own play style or how they like this game would have died a long time ago

As for class changes I guess you dont read patch notes many change slightly nearly every patch, It was not that long ago that the MM Rogue was known as the underdog amongst the 'end game' epeen community, and it is a fact it will change again.

But anyways like I said play what you want to play , have fun and enjoy the game

+ Reply to Thread