+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Remove perma-stealth

Plane Walker

Default Remove perma-stealth

So I've been back playing Rift again since July- playing both warrior and rogue atm, and what I've noticed is that the perma-stealth ability is really negatively affecting gameplay in both pvp and pve situations. Take raiding and dungeons, it is now very common to have a rogue stealth past mobs/trash and summon entire group to get to raid or dungeon bosses. This removes any need to clear trash which I don't think was the intended purpose of this ability. In pvp, we have rogues just stealthing and semi-afking during wf matches, or walking around everyone and not participating while the rest of the team gets clobbered. I myself am guilty of this quite often in those bad, overmatched wf matches.

My suggestion is to make all stealth 45 seconds. This way you can still stealth to use your hard hitting sin abilities, and still use stealth on Karthan Ridge maps to cap points, but u can't just hide the entire match and not do anything. For raids and dungeons, you would then have to plan and strategize trash mobs and play the game as the developers intended when they designed the instance. What's the point of designing and putting all that effort into an instance just to have player sneak and summon past everything? I just don't see any situations where stealthing beyond 45s is needed.

Champion

What's the point of designing all those mountains and plateaus only to take out fall damage. Please put fall damage back in and force people to play like I want them to play.

Honestly, 45 second stealth wouldn't change trash skips. You can easily skip trash in 45 seconds, and when you can't, you just stealth for 45 to find a good hiding spot until your stealth is ready again. If you want to fix trash skips, add barriers that deactivate upon killing the pack, or just give packs insane stealth detection

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Hey leave rogues alone... stealth is cool. Don't like? Have counter stealth measures. There should be talents for pets to scent out stealth. Flares or spell that will counter stealth. Maybe a cool down that prevents stealth for so many seconds.

RIFT Guide Writer

Or they could not have trash in the game since it's trash content.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Honestly, 45 second stealth wouldn't change trash skips. You can easily skip trash in 45 seconds, and when you can't, you just stealth for 45 to find a good hiding spot until your stealth is ready again.
    Or people would just start corpse-hopping trash again, like they did with the mobs leading up to Salvarola.

The problem isn't that you can skip trash, it's that there's an incentive to do so because trash isn't rewarding. Personally, I'd suggest turning the trash into one-time "events" that must be cleared to proceed with the raid, and tack on a significant PA exp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Or people would just start corpse-hopping trash again, like they did with the mobs leading up to Salvarola.

The problem isn't that you can skip trash, it's that there's an incentive to do so because trash isn't rewarding. Personally, I'd suggest turning the trash into one-time "events" that must be cleared to proceed with the raid, and tack on a significant PA exp bonus.
    Oh believe me, I'm with you :P I'm the dedicated trash skipper of the guild and I love every second of it. There's no reward in killing it, and it's just a nuisance that slows you down every raid

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Phs

Personally, I'd suggest turning the trash into one-time "events" that must be cleared to proceed with the raid, and tack on a significant PA exp bonus.
    and for those raids where everybody is pa capped?

RIFT Guide Writer

Make the trash itself a boss event that has multiple stages of mechanics that drops guaranteed loot. IE, remove trash by making it not trash.

Makes AE specs actually have a use outside occasional boss fights.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

They're not Trash Packs. They are "non-boss encounters".

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    What's the point of designing all those mountains and plateaus only to take out fall damage. Please put fall damage back in and force people to play like I want them to play.
    May have issues in NT content.

I would agree that perma stealth isnt really the problem for raiding content its that there is no benefit either by PA exp, loot, or gating to clear them. Having forced and more intuitive trash groups, would definitely make AoE specs more usefull.

Well since so many rogues are wanting to gut dom, I am 110% behind this.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Hey leave rogues alone... stealth is cool. Don't like? Have counter stealth measures. There should be talents for pets to scent out stealth. Flares or spell that will counter stealth. Maybe a cool down that prevents stealth for so many seconds.
    I don't care about rogues on the opposing teams at all. I'm more annoyed that rogues on my own wf team can and often will just stealth and semi-afk the match, especially if our team falls slightly behind. They stealth and run around the entire map while not completing objectives and do not get those afk warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    Remove perma-stealth
    How about "No"?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    There's no reward in killing it, and it's just a nuisance that slows you down every raid
    That's the good thing about Mount Sharax, 2 trash mobs in the whole instance. Trion should make a arena-like instance. No trash, no running to the next boss room, just one big room and spawn what is required for the mechanics. Instead to run to the next boss and summon the raid, add a thingy to click (like the normal/hard mode switch with a 20s cast) to start the next encounter. And -because Trion seem to like it soooo much- add a RNG mode so bosses spawn in a different order.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast