+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue Sub Souls and BD Changes (questions)

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Sub Souls and BD Changes (questions)

I will eventually get around to running the numbers myself, but I was wondering if anyone has looked at how the BD changes affect current specs.

Basically I am looking for the answers (or some insght) into the following questions

1. How do nb.sin and 54 BD now compare? Is nb.sin still top?
    2. With the BD changes do the subsouls on 61NB/ 61Sin/ 61MM change?
    2. Does NB serve a purpose anymore? If so, have the sub souls changed?
    3. Does BD replace NB for fights like matron and zilas?
    5. What is the optimal sub soul spread for 61BD?

When I get a chance this weekend, I will start parsing some of this, but I would love to hear if anyone has gotten around to compile the data.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    I will eventually get around to running the numbers myself, but I was wondering if anyone has looked at how the BD changes affect current specs.

Basically I am looking for the answers (or some insght) into the following questions

1. How do nb.sin and 54 BD now compare? Is nb.sin still top?
    2. With the BD changes do the subsouls on 61NB/ 61Sin/ 61MM change?
    2. Does NB serve a purpose anymore? If so, have the sub souls changed?
    3. Does BD replace NB for fights like matron and zilas?
    5. What is the optimal sub soul spread for 61BD?

When I get a chance this weekend, I will start parsing some of this, but I would love to hear if anyone has gotten around to compile the data.
    Well I seem to be parsing ~ 85-86k in 61 sin, and roughly 88k in 54 sin/22 bd (going up to 90 with some crit rng), on a normal 67 dummy.

As for nightblade or bladedancer, I find bladedancer ends up on higher overall numbers due to the better cleave, but lower ST on the main target, so seems like you might want nightblade where ST is more important but cleave required, and bladedancer on the opposite. This is just based off one HK run though which isn't really a good test considering HK is stupidly easy and has no real requirements atm

A general statement on the current nightblade: It does perfectly fine without zerker; yes there are people claiming it's dog **** now but it's not. It's fully functional and still does what it's supposed to. Considering reavers aren't all over the place you might even do more in nightblade with longer cleave time due to adds dieing slower
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 10-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Well I seem to be parsing ~ 85-86k in 61 sin, and roughly 88k in 54 sin/22 bd (going up to 90 with some crit rng), on a normal 67 dummy.

Snip
    I'm really interested to see you do those parses on level 67 raid boss dummy self buff...Link something though..
    Last edited by mics001; 10-12-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mics001 View Post
    I'm really interested to see you do those parses on level 67 raid boss dummy self buff...Link something though..
    http://imgur.com/8bFnqTE

There's one, can get you a few more if you want, but just woke up so later

How does it compare to Sin in a raid environment? Been thinking about trying it on a couple bosses, but not during progression so it has to wait until next reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    How does it compare to Sin in a raid environment? Been thinking about trying it on a couple bosses, but not during progression so it has to wait until next reset.
    I dunno. I always make a mistake or two in raid environment trying to get stuff to line up, haven't had much practice with it. Even on a dummy, I fail on a few parses every now and then

I dunno. I always make a mistake or two in raid environment trying to get stuff to line up, haven't had much practice with it. Even on a dummy, I fail on a few parses every now and then
    I'm ridden with 6 fps during raids so I'm constantly making mistakes. Therefore I play Assassin for nearly everything. Sin/BD would have to be much better for me to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I'm ridden with 6 fps during raids so I'm constantly making mistakes. Therefore I play Assassin for nearly everything. Sin/BD would have to be much better for me to switch.
    Yeah i'm in that 6 fps boat too :P but that's what I get for playing on a laptop pretty much.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ose3ut.jpg

I just woke up too thats why i forgot to pop my slip away + jagged strike on my Blade tempo block and i do less than 1k dps on jagged strike
    can get more once so i can get more physical damage(DOF)

Your jagged strike hit alot harder for a self buff dps.
    Last edited by mics001; 10-12-2015 at 12:03 PM.

snip

http://i60.tinypic.com/14ca8lw.jpg

I just woke up to thats why i do less than 1k dps on jagged strike....
    can get more once so i can get more physical damage(WG,DOF)

Your jagged strike hit alot harder for a self buff dps.
    The jagged strike is probably the way I chain it. (first unbuffed by anything, second one buffed by cloak and dagger+blade tempo, third buffed by cloak and dagger+blade tempo, and fourth buffed by cloak and dagger, and ofcourse all buffed by deadly dance except first - and repeat in 2 min and 4 min blocks)
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 10-12-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Edit: PA stones are not a self buff, making this post invalid and so deleted
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 10-13-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Plane Touched

It's technically not self-buffed if you're using planar attunement AP enchants on both of your weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    It's technically not self-buffed if you're using planar attunement AP enchants on both of your weapons.
    Well technically, PA buffs are your own buffs, so it's still 'self buffed'. Either way, he was accusing me of using orchestra or something not PA buffs :P. If he meant PA buffs I would have just taken them off
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 10-13-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Plane Touched

http://imgur.com/8bFnqTE

/10character

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    /10character
    What is your point exactly? I'm not denying using raid stones, and it's pretty obvious I used a support for cost reduction, What I'm defending myself from is the claim of using raid cooldowns. If you check his original screenshot, you know, before he edited and changed it, he says "the fact that he use raid cooldown is not a self buff" (to his friend, in chat).

http://imgur.com/qew4D1v

Now unless cost reduction or planar stones are raid cooldowns, I assume he means orchestra. Hence why I even bothered replying. But whatever, sorry for using cost reduction and PA stones.
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 10-13-2015 at 05:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast