+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.4 Changes to Bladedancer, and the End of the Ranger Sub-Soul(?)

Plane Walker

Default 3.4 Changes to Bladedancer, and the Viability of the Ranger Sub-Soul(?)

Hey y'all,

So just one major question: Will Ranger still be a viable sub-soul for any of your callings (with the exception of RS) with the +10% to dexterity and new +10% to AP/WD in BD?

BD also has a 20m interrupt at 12 points; +50% to dodge over 15s with Side Steps; +50% to runspeed over 15s with Sprint, and so on.

On the other hand, Ranger has +5% to Critical Hit; +4% to AP/WD with the Predatory Instincts buff; and +10% to AP/WD with Wilderness Training.

The other abilities in the lower tiers of the Ranger tree are largely dedicated to its pet, whereas the abilities mentioned above in BD may find better use in both melee and ranged souls

Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure the +10% to dexterity with the +10% to AP/WD in BD is superior to the +14% to AP/WD that you can find in Ranger, but if there's something I missed otherwise, feel free to give me your feedback.

Thanks! c:

EDIT: Well, herp-derp, doesn't really parse higher than Ranger, but it does have nice utilities. Think I just need to re-evalute what I'm putting for my sub-souls in general QAQ
    Last edited by Wonski; 10-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Hey y'all,

So just one major question: Will Ranger still be a viable sub-soul for any of your callings (with the exception of RS) with the +10% to dexterity and new +10% to AP/WD in BD?

BD also has a 20m interrupt at 12 points; +50% to dodge over 15s with Side Steps; +50% to runspeed over 15s with Sprint, and so on.

On the other hand, Ranger has +5% to Critical Hit; +4% to AP/WD with the Predatory Instincts buff; and +10% to AP/WD with Wilderness Training.

The other abilities in the lower tiers of the Ranger tree are largely dedicated to its pet, whereas the abilities mentioned above in BD may find better use in both melee and ranged souls

Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure the +10% to dexterity with the +10% to AP/WD in BD is superior to the +14% to AP/WD that you can find in Ranger, but if there's something I missed otherwise, feel free to give me your feedback.

Thanks! c:

EDIT: Well, herp-derp, doesn't really parse higher than Ranger, but it does have nice utilities. Think I just need to re-evalute what I'm putting for my sub-souls in general QAQ
    Check the bottom half of the sab tree :P (it has the 10% dex, and 10% AP/WD you mentioned which has been around since the beginning of NT) - We always had that option. But yes, for 12 bd, when your raid needs an interrupt and you happen to be the best way to get it, 12 bd is only a small dps loss to get the interrupt. (interrupt duty will still lose you energy which means less dusk strikes in nightblade for example)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

You maybe get a new sab spec, but other than that and subsouls for interrupts, little has changed.

how about you try it out.

you dont have to listen to people that say this crystal is better is better cause i said so...

Parse with it 5x with minimum of 5min of each attempt and compare.
    Last edited by mics001; 10-09-2015 at 02:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread