Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCELLENT ranged rogue build.

Default EXCELLENT ranged rogue build.

This thread will be for all you ranged rogue enthusiasts. Spent a lot of time coming up with the best possible build for any situation and this is what I got...http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...E0tRqzVuko.V0o

MM/Assassin/Ranger

Explaining the build: This setup is designed for ranged single target damage combined with survivability. great for things like ganking, 1v1, but also very effective in groups because since its focused on single target damage with no focus on aoe, you wont have to worry as much about pulling noob moves such as breakin CCed targets. youll notice I went more heavily into assassin than ranger which might bring up the question "if this is focused more on staying at range why so much more into assassin than ranger?" youll notice alot of what I have in assassin actually supports your bow attacks quite a bit. better crit, high poison damage procs for your bow attacks, etc. Will explain more details below with the skills. This build has TONS of ways to kite, catch up to or run away from your enemies should the needs arise. Below is an overview of the different skills and bonuses and how they support each other. ive separated them into different categories but these skills are coming out of all 3 trees and are mixed up in each group listed below.

JUST A HEADS UP! not all the skills are listed below just the highlights of the build...

ENJOY!

Utility/Survivability/Kiting skills:

Repelling Shot: knockback. get them melees scrubs back!
    Hasty Departure: get that speed boost for when your getting pounded close up.
    Getaway: break the roots and snares whenever needed.
    Static Shot: root. whether you need to keep em from running or hold em there so you CAN.
    Close Quarters Combat: use bow attacks in melee. when you cant seem to get them off of you and you desperately need that dps to finish them off. usually a last resort effort.
    Crossfire: use it when they are closer. another knockback.
    Strafe: not just dmg. your immune to stuns, snares, and roots for the duration of the effect.
    Quick Reload: resets all your cooldowns. enough said.
    Stealth: need I explain?
    Incapacitate: for when you have more than one opponent to deal with. if they arent in a fight. take one out of the fight for a long time before they have a chance to get in it!
    Elusiveness: reduced stealth detection. dont let em pop you out of stealth.
    Malicious Strike: 70% snare melee ability. should make it a lot easier for you to open that gap back up for more bow rapage.
    Paralyzing strike: melee stun. give em a pop to the face and get outa there so you can get back to work with your bow. be creative with this. this could be useful for fighting another ranged class be it rogue or mage. stay close to em and when needed run up and pop em with a quick stun. this will also give you a 15% dmg boost and 15% dmg reduction against you since this build has cloak and dagger!!! could also be used as a quick spell interupt.
    Leeching Poison: helps heal you for when a potion or healer just isnt available.
    Cloak and Dagger: not just a damage increase. 15% less damage against you as well!
    Blinding Powder: keep em from hitting you up close. blind them!
    Improved Stealth: limitless stealth. take your time and choose your targets wisely. you have that luxury with this build!!!
    Bolster: 4% reduced damage against you. you can go up to 6% but thats not a deal make or breaker and the point, I felt, could be more useful elsewhere since this is a ranged class.
    Crippling Shot: ranged snare. kite kite kite or keep em from running.
    Swift shot: stack up that speed buff.
    Hasted Shot: finisher speed buff shot. just another trick up the old sleeve.
    Controlled Fire: 50% less energy requirement per attack. pop this before you use hasted shot. youll need that energy savings for attacking that quickly.
    Keen Eye: keep it at max range.

Support your damage!!!:

Rapid Fire Shot
    : 30% increased attack speed.
    Hit and Run: dont sacrifice that dps when you need to displace and fall back!
    Marksman's Pedestal: drop that for a nice damage buff.
    Lightning Fury: 10% more damage against your target.
    Bulls Eye: 100% crit on next attack. recommend popping this before you pop a full charge dead eye shot.
    Single Minded Focus: increases the damage of your basic damage rotation by 10%.
    Increased Firepower: HUGE attack power buff off a crit.
    Pentrating Shots: 20% armor pierce. what your a tank? I think not.
    Master Archer: 25% chance your attacks turn into air damage not physical. watch those tanks melt when their armor doesnt mean half as much when combined with Increased Firepower!
    Virulent Poision: this build is focused into this poison in the assassin line. really makes a difference over time.
    Poison Potency: increased damage of Virulent Poison.
    Murderous Intent: 4% physical dmg increase.
    Cloak and Dagger: not just a survivability tool when using paralyzing strike...15% more damage as well. yummy.
    Cruel Vengeance: 10% damage buff off a crit.
    Magnify Pain: 20% increased physical crit damage. oh man oh man.
    Eagle Eye: 5% crit chance increase.
    Predatory Instincts: attack power buff.

Hope you guys enjoyed studying up on this build. I welcome any constructive criticism and if you see something I might of missed or have a good idea on improving it please post!!!

Thanks again

Ascendant

same build every other marksman posted with slight variation.no need to explain everything. you also seem to not know how some of those abilities work.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    same build every other marksman posted with slight variation.no need to explain everything. you also seem to not know how some of those abilities work.
    hmm most of the other build ive seen go a lot more into ranger. and which skills do you speak of in particular that I dont seem to know?

Quote Originally Posted by ShankensteinUSN View Post
    hmm most of the other build ive seen go a lot more into ranger. and which skills do you speak of in particular that I dont seem to know?
    also id like to see a similar build youve seen if you can post it please. I know that the marksman part is cookie cuter but my assassin and ranger setup is a lot different I feel.
    Last edited by ShankensteinUSN; 02-01-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Ascendant

AT first glance you dont seem to know what paralyzing strikes or master archer do. Paralyzing strikes only works with stealth. You need your stealth to get lightning fury and empowered shot casts off you cant do that if you are running away after you open with the stun. Master archer doesnt turn your attacks to air damage its a 25% chance to proc extra air damage based on your weapon so if your weapon damage is 20 you have a 25% chance to deal 20 air damage its a terrible passive.

Ascendant

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMft0boz.x0o
    This is the build every stealth marksman will likely run.its been posted many times.sorry to ruin your snowflake plans
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-01-2011 at 11:14 PM.

AT first glance you dont seem to know what paralyzing strikes or master archer do. Paralyzing strikes only works with stealth. You need your stealth to get lightning fury and empowered shot casts off you cant do that if you are running away after you open with the stun. Master archer doesnt turn your attacks to air damage its a 25% chance to proc extra air damage based on your weapon so if your weapon damage is 20 you have a 25% chance to deal 20 air damage its a terrible passive.

ummm brotha you dont need to be in stealth to use paralyzing strike. read the description it says nothing about an opening from stealth nor doees it say requires stealth. also naturally your not going to use skills that require cast time on the run. thats what swift shot and hasted shot are for. plus if your stacking your master archer procs WITH your poison procs that all adds up. my bad on saying your attacks turn to air damage i did read that wrong.

and what the heck makes you say you need STEALTH to get lightning fury and empowered shot off???
    Last edited by ShankensteinUSN; 02-01-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Mine is pretty similar, but I do 32/12 instead of 38/6 on Marksman/Ranger

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMfdcboz.Vro0k

Also my build is going off the info from the leaked notes that Serrated Blades now works with ranged weapons. 3 pts in Serrated Blades > 3 pts in Cloak and Dagger. Plus you're missing foul play and Silent Footsteps, which are pretty useful assassin skills imo, And you have 38 pts in Marksman but only 1 in Rapid Extrication?
    Last edited by Haliit; 02-01-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Ascendant

ummm brotha you dont need to be in stealth to use paralyzing strike. read the description it says nothing about an opening from stealth nor doees it say requires stealth. also naturally your not going to use skills that require cast time on the run. thats what swift shot and hasted shot are for. plus if your stacking your master archer procs WITH your poison procs that all adds up. my bad on saying your attacks turn to air damage i did read that wrong.
    Please dont tell me what can and cant happen. you havent played the game obviously. paralyzing strike defenitely requires stealth whatever soul builder you are looking at is wrong.

The talent says "based on you weapon damage". Are you sure it is equal to your effective damage ?

If it is the weapon damage, it is the number written on your weapon and not the damage you do with it (after AP, crit ... applies)

Also what damage, autoshot ? every abilities ?

This talent is not clear for me.

hmm most of the other build ive seen go a lot more into ranger.
    Heh, hilarious. I thought 'I'd only ever bother going into ranger for 6 points' but checked your build just to make sure. :P
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Rift Master

I have been posting a similar build to that for many days on these boards.

I would make several changes but the consensus at the present time has something like that as one of the standard builds.

I would make changes... but the idea is to get the ranged snare in ranger and to go deep deep into marks and then to get perma stealth and the extra tools and kiting tools in sin.

You will have more utility vs melee closing in on you and more escapes and such with perma stealth the situational advantage... however you will probably be outdone by a more focused ranger/marks build.

It depends on your playstyle. I may very well build out more than one ranged rogue soul set on the same toon for easy switching between them.

Do you know that serrated blades may eventually be applied to ranged attacks as well? It may happen. It may not... but it could happen.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMft0boz.x0o
    This is the build every stealth marksman will likely run.its been posted many times.sorry to ruin your snowflake plans
    I disagree with enduring in the ranger line unless your trying to pve but w/e plus my build has much better procs. just my opinion tho cuz all that stacks up

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    The talent says "based on you weapon damage". Are you sure it is equal to your effective damage ?

If it is the weapon damage, it is the number written on your weapon and not the damage you do with it (after AP, crit ... applies)

Also what damage, autoshot ? every abilities ?

This talent is not clear for me.
    say your bow has a 3.5 attack speed and 10 dps it gives you a 25% chance to proc 35 air damage

I disagree with enduring in the ranger line unless your trying to pve but w/e plus my build has much better procs. just my opinion tho cuz all that stacks up
    I do 6 points into ranger on my Marksman build, and don't bother even keeping the pet out. 5% cit. Snare. Attack buff. 2pt shot. Attack power buff.... All for 6 points is the best deal around, even if you never summon the pet.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast