+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 61 phys healing ftw

Default 61 phys healing ftw

Just wondering if anyone else out there loves rogue healing as much as I do.
    I specialize in tank heals, am currently perfecting raid heals.

I enjoy it, but I find phystact much more fun. Just wish phystact could get a big raid heal cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I was doing really well with raid healing the other day but yes clerics def. shine when it comes to pumping out big heals when its needed.

xib

Why is nobody talking about the dumbest nerf to absorb shields ive ever seen though? 50% max hp? I could understand 100%.. but wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by xib View Post
    Why is nobody talking about the dumbest nerf to absorb shields ive ever seen though? 50% max hp? I could understand 100%.. but wtf??
    Well i use Life Insurance and Preemptive therapy... i am not at home to see the stats but what skil are you talking about?

**update** wait are you talking about... dont remember the name of the skill... the instant big heal? yeah it did used to be 100% of HP, it went down to 50%? thats sad panda i didnt even notice, but I did notice everytime I used it, even if i was at full health it didnt really seem to budge the health of the person i was using it on.

Frankly I think rogue tank heals are pretty bad A55..
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 10-08-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    Well i use Life Insurance and Preemptive therapy... i am not at home to see the stats but what skil are you talking about?

**update** wait are you talking about... dont remember the name of the skill... the instant big heal? yeah it did used to be 100% of HP, it went down to 50%? thats sad panda i didnt even notice, but I did notice everytime I used it, even if i was at full health it didnt really seem to budge the health of the person i was using it on.

Frankly I think rogue tank heals are pretty bad A55..
    He isn't talking about a particular ability, the shielding mechanic has changed for the game. You can't shield someone for more than 50% of their max health anymore (though dodge increases the cap or something, haven't really looked into the specific values it adjusts it by)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

ok so is anyone else having issues with 61 phys lately... I use the following spec-
    61 phys 10sab 5 riftstalker

I am tier 1 geared.. tank heals was my specialty but all of a sudden the energy cost of this spec is ridiculous and I dont have enough oh-**** buttons and the tank is dying. I even have 2 good healing trinkets for single target- one that crits and returns 6000+ hp and a ROF one that shields.

i had my masteries set so for the 5th one i used planar variation for the extra oh-**** button, and when in non raid settings i use planar conservation and even running out of energy during this.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 10-24-2015 at 01:41 PM.

I'd say look at the abilities/macros you have. Not at home to look at them, but some cost more energy than others so spamming too much will drain your energy pretty quickly. When I'm healing, I like to use Preemptive Therapy to give me a little downtime if Adrenaline Shot is on cd and I need energy. Pop the shield, wait a gcd or two and you're good to go. Also, if it's a raid setting, you should have energy potions in case you have to do a lot of healing in a short amount of time. The reason healing became tougher is because Preemtive Therapy always provided a fair amount of time to heal while the mob ate through the shield. But with the nerf, the shield often doesn't stay up long enough for you to full heal them.

Also, huge tip that I've found helps greatly with energy management. If there isn't a ton of raid damage, just toggle Alternative Treatment for expectant treatment.
    Last edited by Artewig; 10-24-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

If you have trouble with energy you should check if you have Pandemic turned on. Then if you have Alternative Treatment also active you will run out of energy in seconds.

i never use pandemic but i do will use alternative treatment in groups up to 10 people.

but even with that toggled off I am using adrenaline shot everytime its off cd and popping energy potions and thats just on ec trash. i used to heal (shield) through it just fine but i guess its the shielding nerf I am noticing.

Thats why when you play physician you use the energy reduction mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Thats why when you play physician you use the energy reduction mastery.
    I've never had an issue with energy. I healed Teth with Alternative Treatment on the entire time and I don't use Planar Conservation. If there is enough raid damage that I have to spam AoE heals then I'll just go phystact.

ok so is anyone else having issues with 61 phys lately... I use the following spec-

I am tier 1 geared.. tank heals was my specialty but all of a sudden the energy cost of this spec is ridiculous and I dont have enough oh-**** buttons and the tank is dying. I even have 2 good healing trinkets for single target- one that crits and returns 6000+ hp and a ROF one that shields.

i had my masteries set so for the 5th one i used planar variation for the extra oh-**** button, and when in non raid settings i use planar conservation and even running out of energy during this.
    i use the same spec, and for this 61 phys healing spec, even without AT or PD on, you will eventually run out of energy after few rotations if you spamming CT and other ability one after another, tip for this is to wait 1 or 2 gcd after pt shield and another 1 or 2 gcd between the healing macro which include et and ct.

ps. its a energy-starving healing sec with or without AT. Just wait for 1 or 2 gcd between stuff.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Telaran

can u tell us your tank heal rotation?
    i dont see how 61 physican can starve with cost reduction and at off.

for 61 phys i do not use planar conservation mainly because it does not stack with fervor and if you are actually in a raid where you have a bard it comes in handy to just use fervor and for me to use planar variation for the extra oh-**** button.

yes i probably am one of the people who spams a little too much i just dont want the tank or groups health to drop.

for this example I will use the trash on EC expert- because I used to heal through it absolutely fine with the tank never dying. But at that time my shields shielded for 100% ....

my starter macro is as follows- I use this one in groups UP TO 10 people like ROF for example

#show Urgent Care
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] alternative treatment
    cast Urgent Care
    cast Expectant Treatment
    cast Causal Treatment
    cast Active Treatment

mainly for the brief shielding it gives and then i move on the my spam button which is #2 on my naga- casaul treatment ofcourse. build to 5 CP's and depending on situation i am either shielding with preemptive therapy or i am doing group heals.

I should also mention my 65 masteries because the skills are worth mentioning- the person i got this spec from had me spec'd as follows-
    starting from 60 to 65

aggressive defense
    ascended biology
    unstoppable
    through the ether
    planar variation

after watching a vid on youtube i decided yesterday to switch from ascended biology to WATCH OVER- Mainly because it makes preemptive therapy instant cast.

So as for my rotation-

EC trash-

First thing I do when the trash is headed at the tank is I shield- i pop life insurance, build 5 cp and pop preemptive therapy (they stack)
    i use macro #1 and spam casaul

Because I am spec'd into sab I also use a sticky bomb, just cause. helps root the trash.

when tank's health starts to dip I use macro 1 again for the shield and then i use preemptive therapy- unless its an oh-**** situation I use bio feedback, macro one for shield, and then pre-emptive. basically shields before heals. bio feedback, planar variation if i have it, emergency response is my 3rd oh **** button.

my shields used to protect long enough for me to build 5 CP's to hit a heal finisher but now they dont.

I use the following heal trinkets-
    (keep in mind i am only t1 geared)

totek's will of the imprisoned fatesealer crits and heals single target for an extra 7200-8000 instantly and another 751 over 5s

(this trinket i never had a problem with)

Embrace of the chosen one- warrior heal trinket. cuz rogue hasnt dropped yet for me.
    Not only a stat upgrade but also the extra ability- ABSORB up to 9200 dmg over 8s and expiration heals of 800-973.

those are the 2 single target trinkets I have, i also have one for aoe which is pretty nice.

...this is about all i can think of at the moment. i am going to run ec using diff trinkets and using the new instant Pre-emptive therapy and see if this makes a difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast