+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guurluth HM question

Plane Touched

Default Guurluth HM question

I was looking through some of the public prancing turtle parses, and noticed that some of the top people dont have a dps drop during orb phase. In general, as NB/SIN I try to never let my fs fall off of the boss, but this can be hard since the two turn away mechanics are 10 sec, which is the length of fs.

Are you guys "cheating" the mechanic and sneaking in damage? If so, any tips on how to optimize this. Even a single death on that fight is essentially a wipe, so there is a fine line between risk and reward.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    I was looking through some of the public prancing turtle parses, and noticed that some of the top people dont have a dps drop during orb phase. In general, as NB/SIN I try to never let my fs fall off of the boss, but this can be hard since the two turn away mechanics are 10 sec, which is the length of fs.

Are you guys "cheating" the mechanic and sneaking in damage? If so, any tips on how to optimize this. Even a single death on that fight is essentially a wipe, so there is a fine line between risk and reward.
    The damage from the orb occurs every 2 seconds with the last tick at 0. This means you have 2 second windows which you can attack facing Guurloth between each tick. This is how people get attacks in without dying.
    Kerghann@Zaviel
    #1 Ninja puller/quitter #1 Flaring Powah User
    Who even knows/9 MoM
    YouTube Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Hababa View Post
    The damage from the orb occurs every 2 seconds with the last tick at 0. This means you have 2 second windows which you can attack facing Guurloth between each tick. This is how people get attacks in without dying.
    ^That

First tick at 2 seconds and last at 10, so you dont have to turn around until its about to get to 2 seconds either. You can in theory fit in all globals if you hit at 0.1, 1.1, 2.1, etc seconds into the cast and lose no dps at all. But as you said, risk vs reward, don't be too risky because if you are you'll probably die and wipe the raid

I tend to lose probably 2-3 globals on every turn around rather than the 10 of people who turn the whole time

Also as a side note, I tend to do noticeably more dps as assassin than nb/sin since you can put dots on guurloth before target swapping, and it has a better target swap than nb/sin. So maybe give that a try at some point and see if it works better for you too (top parse 105k as assassin, and about 95-100k as nbsin or something)
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 09-23-2015 at 03:30 PM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Plane Touched

Do you run a kalert with a timer for the channel, or some third party boss channel that has numerical time?

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    Do you run a kalert with a timer for the channel, or some third party boss channel that has numerical time?
    Gadgets > Castbar

You can have it set to show cast times and you would see something like this: http://i.imgur.com/EXZnl0R.jpg

Rift Master

Personally I use the KBM castbars for target. Something about the gadgets castbar rubs me the wrong way, could never figure out why.

Plane Touched

Tank intercept, TT (if you're in 61 NB), or time your abilities in-between ticks.

+ Reply to Thread