+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Rogue MELEE INTERRUPT! hello? Dev team?

Lightbulb Rogue MELEE INTERRUPT! hello? Dev team?

Hi,

Like the title says give Rogue melee specs an interrupt. The rogue melee specs I am referring to are nightblade and assassin.

Is there a good reason why every other callings' melee specs have interrupts, except for rogues?
    I don't really care (it's a rhetorical question).

Warriors recently got ranged interrupts in warlord and paragon. How about some rogue love?

Pretty lame if our only option is to use bladedancer as a subsoul and sacrificing a SUBSTANTIAL amount of DPS. It's not like Rift is abiding by any fantasy rules, so who give a ****.

Vladd, any plans to give assassin and nightblade an interrupt? Perhaps, briefly revisit the souls and reconsider. I hope you do.

Suggestions:
    Rework "Blinding Powder (assassin)" and "Dark Containment (nightblade)" into an interrupt and call it a day. Currently, these abilities are useless in a raid environment.

Give Rogue melee specs interrupts. Thanks

PS: If you tell me to go 12 bladedancer when I clearly explained why above, I will hunt you in CQ
    Last edited by Lotusss; 08-22-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Cool

Go 12 bd
    Counting all the arseholes in the room, well I'm definitely not alone.

It would be better to remove single target interrupts from all souls.

Then put a single target interrupt in to general abilities so no matter the soul you always have a interrupt.

As for the range issues that would come up with this change the dominate soul (most points) will determine the range of the interrupt.
    So Assassin could give a range of 10 meters, Nightblade 25 meters and Marksman 35 meters.

For souls that have a secondary affect tied in a current interrupt ability they could become a independent ability or they could be part of the new interrupt once unlocked.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-22-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

pls no, I like slacking in raids :<

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Plane Touched

Everyone knows that Rogues don't do mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Then put a single target interrupt in to general abilities so no matter the soul you always have a interrupt.
    Then the healers can outrange and get the interrupts on Jinoscoth. But yeah, as much as I want an interrupt in Sin or nb, I like having an excuse to not have to worry about interrupts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    what the happy orange said.
    we no want interrupts ..................... .

but for raid mechanics u do not want every spec to have interrupts.
    if we had that would trivialize interrupting bosses or ads etc...
    u would have like what 3 backups on every interrupt on zilas for example.

but can also use the excuse that mele specs are harder to play on bosses so let the ranged specs have the rupts

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    At least you're honest and admit you're lazy, however that is no reason to keep the rest of the rogue community at a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Then the healers can outrange and get the interrupts on Jinoscoth. But yeah, as much as I want an interrupt in Sin or nb, I like having an excuse to not have to worry about interrupts.
    Another lazy rogue. My response to that is the same as above.

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    what the happy orange said.
    we no want interrupts ..................... .

but for raid mechanics u do not want every spec to have interrupts.
    if we had that would trivialize interrupting bosses or ads etc...
    u would have like what 3 backups on every interrupt on zilas for example.

but can also use the excuse that mele specs are harder to play on bosses so let the ranged specs have the rupts
    Why would you NOT want more specs with interrupts? The subtext here says, "Dear god, I can't keep a proper melee rotation without worrying about interrupts, I hope the devs don't even consider the implementation." Holding down 1/4 of the community down because you lack awareness to maintain high dps while maintaining a perfect rotation is greedy and that goes to all the rogues that refuted this thread.

Melee specs aren't harder to play after you played them enough. I can do it with my eyes closed by now (if there is no lag) and I'm a newer raider than many of you. Perhaps when you gain more experience in raiding and using melee specs you will get to that level, but for those of us that have mastered our melee specs, not having interrupt sucks when you have to constantly depends on others to interrupt raiding wiping casts/mechanics, especially when you feel like you can provide assistance to your raid.

There is only one valid reason I would have maybe accepted from any of you rogues that is "Nightblade energy". Nightblade uses a ton of energy and having to worry about an interrupt in that spec could hurt your dps since Nightblade pretty much converts your energy into dps. There is absolutely no valid reason why assassin should not have interrupt, there are no energy issues with assassin (with 5% energy reduction) - only lazy/bad rogues.

PS: If you want to talk about "trivializing" raids bosses, I have a one word response to that - Reaver. Not rogue interrupts

A dev response in this thread is encouraged. Are there any plans to give rogue melee specs (at minimum "Assassin") interrupts? Looking forward to an answer, thank you.

honestly, blinding powder and dark containment are SUPER good ways to fight 2v1s and are what make rogues strong at it I'd prefer something more useless like assassinate (move paralyzing strike down the tree) and maybe ebon terror from NB.

Let's talk about a real issue for a second. It's been 3 years Vladd, CAN WE RELEASE THE FAN OUT? It's so bad, it's less dps AoE on max targets than just single targeting 1 mob like cmooooon. The nerf back then was 100% needed, but it was nerfed so hard that 3 years later it still does the same damage it did in 1.5 (not true but lols)

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    honestly, blinding powder and dark containment are SUPER good ways to fight 2v1s and are what make rogues strong at it I'd prefer something more useless like assassinate (move paralyzing strike down the tree) and maybe ebon terror from NB.

Let's talk about a real issue for a second. It's been 3 years Vladd, CAN WE RELEASE THE FAN OUT? It's so bad, it's less dps AoE on max targets than just single targeting 1 mob like cmooooon. The nerf back then was 100% needed, but it was nerfed so hard that 3 years later it still does the same damage it did in 1.5 (not true but lols)
    Where was I talking about 2v1 1v1 etc? Absolutely nowhere. This game's souls are not balanced for pvp (otherwise arbdom, arbchon, and vk/bm would have been nerfed ages ago). Can you use "Dark Containment" and "Blinding Powder" in pve for interrupting bosses? Nope!. If you're trying to argue against my suggestions of changing those abilities into interrupts, fair enough. You can ask the dev for a new interrupt ability that is actually useful for raids.

Start a new thread for "Fan Out" if you have problems with it, this thread is for rogue melee interrupts.
    Last edited by Lotusss; 08-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusss View Post
    Where was I talking about 2v1 1v1 etc? Absolutely nowhere. This game's souls are not balanced for pvp (otherwise arbdom, arbchon, and vk/bm would have been nerfed ages ago). Can you use "Dark Containment" and "Blinding Powder" in pve for interrupting bosses? Nope!. If you're trying to argue against my suggestions of changing those abilities into interrupts, fair enough. You can ask the dev for a new interrupt ability that is actually useful for raids.

Start a new thread for "Fan Out" if you have problems with it, this thread is for rogue melee interrupts.
    I never disagreed with you, but it would be better to replace more useless abilities than those 2 since they actually serve a purpose at lvl 65. Also for the record I never once mentioned 2v1ing as pvp, you assumed that. Ebon terror and Assassinate have 0 value at level 65 since assassinate doesn't do relevant damage in any spec it's in and ebon terror is out-shined by smother. (btw you can actually use those abilities to interrupt a lot of pve mobs in content that isn't raiding)

I'll sum this up for you simply. If you take away dark containment and blinding powder, you completely remove that mechanic away from rogue, the ability to incapacitate multiple mobs. If you get rid of assassinate and ebon terror and move paralyzing strike and smother to their point in the tree, the purpose of assassinate and smother (having low lvl abilities to use from stealth to help kill things) would not be lost, and then you could justify freeing up a spot to place the interrupts in the soul trees.

Take out your forum anger out on someone that actually disagrees with you lol. If you PM Ocho, he's usually really pro with sending suggestions to the right people. PMing Vladd directly or Red Hawk directly usually takes a while, however, as I assume they are incredibly busy with their multiple roles in Rift's production, and with 3.4 coming up. They usually get back to me after 3-4 days, Ocho is usually the same day.
    Last edited by Orangu; 08-25-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Lith = Laziest rogue in game

Seriously though give rogues an 8sec interrupt so I can be lazy on Zilas
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Lith = Laziest rogue in game

Seriously though give rogues an 8sec interrupt so I can be lazy on Zilas
    but uhh... I play NB and NB/Sin, I don't have the energy to use an interrupt ;)
    Last edited by Orangu; 08-25-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

but uhh... I play NB and NB/Sin, I don't have the energy to use an interrupt ;)
    Pft not my problem
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

can you read properly? I'm unsure if you read the part where I said I agree, but it would be better to replace more useless abilities than those 2 since they actually serve a purpose at lvl 65. Also for the record I never once mentioned 2v1ing as pvp, you assumed that. Ebon terror and Assassinate have 0 value at level 65 since assassinate doesn't do relevant damage in any spec it's in and ebon terror is out-shined by smother. (btw you can actually use those abilities to interrupt a lot of pve mobs in content that isn't raiding)

I'll sum this up for you simply. If you take away dark containment and blinding powder, you completely remove that mechanic away from rogue, the ability to incapacitate multiple mobs. If you get rid of assassinate and ebon terror and move paralyzing strike and smother to their point in the tree, the purpose of assassinate and smother (having low lvl abilities to use from stealth to help kill things) would not be lost, and then you could justify freeing up a spot to place the interrupts in the soul trees.

Take out your forum anger out on someone that actually disagrees with you lol. If you PM Ocho, he's usually really pro with sending suggestions to the right people. PMing Vladd directly or Red Hawk directly usually takes a while, however, as I assume they are incredibly busy with their multiple roles in Rift's production, and with 3.4 coming up. They usually get back to me after 3-4 days, Ocho is usually the same day.
    In fact, your comprehension is lacking since you directly disagreed with the suggestions in my first post.

honestly, blinding powder and dark containment are SUPER good ways to fight 2v1s and are what make rogues strong at it
    I'm sure any competent player looking at this would assume it's for PvP. Really.... who talks about pveing 2v1 mobs?
    I was discussing the topic in this thread from an end game raiding point of view. On that notion, it was careless of you to assume I have osmosis and know you're talking about mobs most raiders can one shot.

What are communications skills, hello? Can you understand me now?!

Your lack of communication and assumptions led me to my conclusions.

Concerning your suggestion: I think it could work, but that would require more dev work and time. Which may not be as appealing as my suggestion since it takes less effort (I would assume).

Good info and glad to know trion can afford secretaries . Can you book me for a skype call with a dev? Thank you secretary Oranguo, keeper of the devs!
    Last edited by Lotusss; 08-26-2015 at 12:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast