+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cataria

Thread: Rogue Drowned Prophet Gearing Discrepancy

Default Rogue Drowned Prophet Gearing Discrepancy

I currently have the AP version of the Drowned Prophet's Tunic, which has 424 DEX and 234 STR. I'd prefer the Crit Power version of this tunic. However, switching to that version, DEX drops to 361 and STR increases to 270. This means that the AP version of the chest gains 38.25 AP and 13.5 Phys Crit from the primary and secondary stats over the CP version.

Looking at the other classes, the difference in primary and secondary stats is far less glaring (the difference is only about 5 AP/SP and 5 Phys/Spell Crit between sidegrades), which makes me wonder if this was an oversight. I'd like to have the best-possible stat distribution, and could use Crit Power version to get back up to CP soft-cap, but losing that much Dexterity when sidegrading does not seem optimal.
    Kengeorge@Hailol <Impulse> 9/12 T1 | 5/11 HK | 4/4 I:GP (1/4 HM)

Plane Touched

Go for the item with the higher stat values over blindly stacking CP. As we get toward t3, stat values become so inflated that reaching CP cap is trivialized, especially with the HUGE CP values on pvp gear. Also, the weapons from iGP, which you will most likely have long before you get the Estrode weapon, both have CP. If you combine this with Draum Ra, that is all three weapons providing CP.

TL;DR Capping CP isnt hard anymore, so take items with best overall stats.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Yeah, that's definitely the approach that I've taken so far. I've had the chest piece for a few months now, and recently ducked below CP cap after getting the Phys Crit ring off Anrak (replacing a Frenetic CP ring). Of course, this meant losing a significant amount of CP, but you're right, better to get that missing CP from something that doesn't result in a crazy amount of DEX loss.
    Kengeorge@Hailol <Impulse> 9/12 T1 | 5/11 HK | 4/4 I:GP (1/4 HM)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    Go for the item with the higher stat values over blindly stacking CP. As we get toward t3, stat values become so inflated that reaching CP cap is trivialized, especially with the HUGE CP values on pvp gear. Also, the weapons from iGP, which you will most likely have long before you get the Estrode weapon, both have CP. If you combine this with Draum Ra, that is all three weapons providing CP.

TL;DR Capping CP isnt hard anymore, so take items with best overall stats.
    if u wanna have precise gearing u compare the amount of cp on the item to the overall amount of stats this item is ahead of its best ap version.

example
    itemcomparison a

1000 crit power 30 points ahead of ap item

itemcomparison b

200 crit power 20 points ahead of ap item

although on the itemset a 1000 crit power item has higher value u do not want it!!

basicly the higher the cirt power on an item the further ahead it has to be to make it worth using.

but to get back to the stats of your particular chests:

chest: drop cp: 647.6
    store ap: 630.1
    store cp: 629.65

the ap chest is one of the rly better ap items and the droped chest holds quite a lot of cp 17 point behind for an ap item is rly good. that is between the chest that drops and the ap store chest. the store cp chest is not even a discussion. its behind the ap chest, which is like super super horrible for a cp item.

stat weights used: ap: 1 , dexterity 0,95 strenght 0,45 physcial crit 0,4 cp 0,7 gerys suggetions
    sadly we rogues dont have a spreadsheet like mages have hell mages even have a bis drop list.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1202475335

nasacrim make those things for us rogues already slacker!!
    Last edited by cataria; 08-31-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Plane Touched

CP store bought helmet, AP store bought shoulders, AP store bought chest, CP store bought gloves, CP store bought belt, AP HK dropped legs, CP store bought shoes.

If I had to swap one of my pieces around it would be the CP gloves.

Thats not the only item that has that issue (if its even an issue), several other drops/store items/store sidegrades work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    nasacrim make those things for us rogues already slacker!!
    no work, pls

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    CP store bought helmet, AP store bought shoulders, AP store bought chest, CP store bought gloves, CP store bought belt, AP HK dropped legs, CP store bought shoes.

If I had to swap one of my pieces around it would be the CP gloves.
    chance the boots to tier 1 tf dual stat boots and i agre
    but rarely seen them drop
    nor pug proper tf run

that would be the ideal armor pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    Thats not the only item that has that issue (if its even an issue), several other drops/store items/store sidegrades work like that.
    It's probably intentional, so that there's more of a reason to use something other than CP gear.

+ Reply to Thread