+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any updates anytime soon??

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20

    Question Any updates anytime soon??

    Hello Devs.

    Are the Rogues soon getting a update?

    - Bladedancer "is a dead spec".
    - Tactician "dunno what to say there". (have it been a 61spec ever?)
    - Ranger "atm can be use'd for new players for lvl'ing, sub soul for most 61spec (4% weap 4% AP)"
    - Saboteur "again a hybrid spec and 3 btn spec (more or less)"


    IF / Maybe when you changes / rework the Ranger the plz remember to give a "small" buff to the other 61 souls/Builds now that we NEED the "Predatory Instincts" from ranger.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Rewire would argue about bladedancer being a dead spec

  3. #3
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminat View Post
    Hello Devs.

    Are the Rogues soon getting a update?

    - Bladedancer "is a dead spec".
    - Tactician "dunno what to say there". (have it been a 61spec ever?)
    - Ranger "atm can be use'd for new players for lvl'ing, sub soul for most 61spec (4% weap 4% AP)"
    - Saboteur "again a hybrid spec and 3 btn spec (more or less)"


    IF / Maybe when you changes / rework the Ranger the plz remember to give a "small" buff to the other 61 souls/Builds now that we NEED the "Predatory Instincts" from ranger.
    Not sure what you mean by Bladedancer being dead... I use it all the time. Good for NMRs and trash. I don't know if I'd call a 54 Sab/11/11 a hybrid spec and it's still used plenty often. Tactician serves it's purpose in phystact or tactphys. Doesn't really have a place as a 61 point soul (Doesn't need one imo). Most people gave up on the Ranger rework and since I don't use it at all, I don't really care whether it gets the rework or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Not sure what you mean by Bladedancer being dead... I use it all the time.....
    Nb61 is still better than BD. but sure if you also use MM in NMR
    Some ppl's are also using ranger in some t1 raids

    But back on track, was just asking IF we are gonna get some changes soon or the Rogue class is just a dead class again? (Hint Hint) and we still gonna need a range sub soul for all (almost) our 61 builds (melee souls).

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Rogue is fine, DEV needs to fix ice zerker, so all the rogues can be sin or nbsin 95% of the time all over again.

    BD is just not very useful in current tier contents. BD's AoE isn't amazing, and BD's ST is ****, and it's virtually pure melee. A none stupid reaver will have no issue beating BD in both ST and AoE rather easily, all from 35m away with 100% mobility and 0 disconnect.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    I'd like to see Bladedancer get a little attention at some point.

    Though it's true the Tactician is more of a mess getting Bladedancer back in the picture again wouldn't require any complex mechanics changes. Just a little numbers tinkering to improve the scaling of it's ST abilities a bit to narrow the gap between it and other DPS a good deal.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-16-2015 at 10:02 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminat View Post
    Nb61 is still better than BD. but sure if you also use MM in NMR...
    Not really sure why people keep arguing that NB has better cleave than BD. Yes, NB has very good burst damage, st or cleave, and it is our best dps spec overall with broken zerker proc snapshot on SOD, but I dare you to pull higher dps on trash packs in NB than BD.

    NB suffers from having only one ramp up skill that spread FS on a 1 minute cd, with another decent ramp up on a 30 Sec cd. Not to mention, NB's two main cleave attacks are pure melee. On the other hand, BD has two massively strong aoe skills on a 30 sec cd, with another on a 1 min cd., both of which have a 20 meter range. Combined with two very strong aoe damage buffs is Blade and Soul Parity and Fated Blades.

    You want to do max aoe dps with BD, here are two tips
    1. Use Reaper's Crystal
    2. Use this spec
    61 BD

    EDIT: Forgot to mention that Flame Blitz only hits 5 enemies
    Last edited by OmegaDagger; 08-16-2015 at 10:50 AM.

    NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

  8. #8
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminat View Post
    we still gonna need a range sub soul for all (almost) our 61 builds (melee souls).
    What's wrong with having ranged sub souls? I can put 11 points in ranger for 61 Sin and it's still a melee spec. Rogue isn't a dead class, other than the zerker proc, there isn't a ton that demands immediate attention. Sure it'd be nice to have a tactician, Sab, or ranger revamp, but rogues are still just as competitive without those being changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    197

    Default

    BD should be out top st DPS spec by its design as it requires the most skill and timing to play it right. Game play wise is fine so it only needs a numbers buff and no real rework which would make it the easiest to bring up to par (or a little past) with SIN and NB.

    Tact would be nice to see it have some support viability as 61 for those not wanting to buy nt souls, but would require a lot of reworking.

    Ranger....personally I don't see why people want this to be a raid soul. For soloing/farming though the Pig needs more survivability.

    Sab is great for AoE trash. I use it a lot in IA for AOE sections.

    As to having a ranged sub soul for a melee spec, its also nice to give a few more disconnect abilities.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    I'd disagree with BD needing to be top. It's burst AoE capability is just far, far too potent for that (and frankly it's not that complicated at all). I'm fine with the intent of it's ST ability being a step behind Assassin, Paragon, Harbinger and the like.

    It's major issue is it's ST is a lot further behind than just 'a step' due to some very glaring scaling issues. But this wouldn't really be a massively time consuming thing to rectify and get BD back up there again at all.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-17-2015 at 06:32 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    I'd disagree with BD needing to be top. It's burst AoE capability is just far, far too potent for that (and frankly it's not that complicated at all). I'm fine with the intent of it's ST ability being a step behind Assassin, Paragon, Harbinger and the like.

    It's major issue is it's ST is a lot further behind than just 'a step' due to some very glaring scaling issues.
    The best way to scale it would be bumping fated blades and Binary strike. Managing dances requires more thought than hitting burst macro when its off CD and makes its ST rotation is way more fun to play. Also a miss step on dance management should make the dps suffer.

    AoE specs should be obviously AoE like Sab tact and Champ not where you don't even get an AE ability till 16, 20, 31, 41

    ST specs should have AoE for adds during a mostly ST fight. Provided AE is not passive it really shouldn't be considered a detractor to keeping ST on par with other ST specs. Also NB has great AOE and generally at the same points on the tree too so I dont see how having good AoE is relevant to keeping ST dps low.

    DPS should come from:

    Difficulty/altering rotation
    Properly timed CDs
    Properly maintaining DoTs
    Risk
    Buff/debuff management


    So Melee specs should start off with a higher DPS potential due to Risk so for ranged to balance out it would need risk of cast time spells rooting them in place.
    DoT specs should require a watchful eye on DoTs falling off and punishing the player for clipping them early.

    So based on this
    BD has:
    constant CD management wich really punishes DPS if you forgit to have one up and can suffer if you pick the wrong one for the moment
    mostly melee
    Buff management
    an altering rotation based on which dance you have up

    Sin has:
    Melee only sub souls can add some disconnect help as well as leap to get back to melee range
    DoT management
    1 cd to manage with poison malice barely worth mentioning
    Buff management with poisons but they are rarely touched in a fight unless you need vampiric
    Debuff management with expose but with it lasting for 20sec and cd of 20sec and being NoGCD this can be put in a spam macro and should never really be an issue.

    NB has
    A burst phase which can be macro-ed
    dot management (mostly passive)
    Debuff management with twilight force
    Melee but has good ranged disconnect abilities
    buff management with scourge but this is easily macro-ed

    So taking out things that can just get crammed in to a spam macro with out changing dps BD should be on top as it requires the most management to keep at max potential. Probably Sin after that as the dot management and little disconnects abilities keeps them in a more risky zone and could suffer during disconnects I would say it would be top if back stab had a higher benefit of being behind the mob. NB should be on the bottom of our primarily ST DPS due to its utility. But they should be balanced to stay close enough on DPS for players to choose what they like and buffs/Debuffs should make a raid want to have a variety.

    AoE specs should have their place too outside of trash but that's just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Kaiune; 08-17-2015 at 09:09 AM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Rogue is fine, DEV needs to fix ice zerker, so all the rogues can be sin or nbsin 95% of the time all over again.

    BD is just not very useful in current tier contents. BD's AoE isn't amazing, and BD's ST is ****, and it's virtually pure melee. A none stupid reaver will have no issue beating BD in both ST and AoE rather easily, all from 35m away with 100% mobility and 0 disconnect.
    tbh, most of the people who are getting upset on zerker being OP on NB are the ones who dont have it.

    BD abilities needs to be like champion where you dont need to target anything to execute them

    make dauntless strike a AoE.(5% Crit chance Debuff)

    Buff Twin Strike by 20-30% and Compount strike by 15-20%

    Those are the simple tweak IMO and BD is back to being viable again.
    Last edited by Keev1209; 08-17-2015 at 08:18 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Azteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminat View Post
    - Saboteur "again a hybrid spec and 3 btn spec (more or less)"
    I play a 61 point Sab and would not have it any other way for my game style and the dps I attain. No, I do not use just 1 macro, I have a few and at times I don't use them at all if I am playing solo.

    My DPS for aoe is constantly #1, 2 or 3, (no less) as per the Rift Meter.

    When I solo dps is impressive, but I need to set up before a single damage point goes off / getting aggro, then 10+ abilities set off within 3 seconds - 3 second till mob-death each time after setting up. Even if I use my macro instead of setting up it's pretty decent, but not as much as a pre-set up solo playing style.

    Sab's are definitely not known for being top dps on bosses at all. My boss dps is about #5 at the best as per the rift dps meter but usually lower I admit. If I get high dps compared to others on a boss, this is telling me I am w/ under geared people or a few are slacking, not giving it their all.

    I love playing my 61 point Sab. This is my #1 reason to play Rift.
    Do not mess/change Sab - they do what they are supposed to do if executed with max efficiency.
    Last edited by Azteck; 08-18-2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: fixed a typo

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiune View Post
    Sin has:
    Melee only sub souls can add some disconnect help as well as leap to get back to melee range
    DoT management
    1 cd to manage with poison malice barely worth mentioning
    Buff management with poisons but they are rarely touched in a fight unless you need vampiric
    Debuff management with expose but with it lasting for 20sec and cd of 20sec and being NoGCD this can be put in a spam macro and should never really be an issue.
    EW its reaplied with every finisher, macroing it is useless and it will make you energy starved/macro lag/animation lag. Not to mention that if you have to swap targets EW wont be available if you macro it wich is a huge dps loss.
    You also have to manage thread of death(pre cast it) to virtually reduce its CD,while also using DD after it and also using using serpent strike after dart in order to get 2 more ticks of dart so you can get all DDs buffed by CaD and also inside raid cds. Do you see the management here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiune View Post
    NB has
    A burst phase which can be macro-ed
    dot management (mostly passive)
    Debuff management with twilight force
    Melee but has good ranged disconnect abilities
    buff management with scourge but this is easily macro-ed
    61nb is easier than 61 sin, but still it has an energy-dps trade mechanic with dusk strike management and keep both Sod/DD-FL/ToD aligned.Theres no debuff management with twilight force.
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 08-18-2015 at 08:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azteck View Post
    I play a 61 point Sab and would not have it any other way for my game style and the dps I attain. No, I do not use just 1 macro, I have a few and at times I don't use them at all if I am playing solo.

    My DPS for aoe is constantly #1, 2 or 3, (no less) as per the Rift Meter.

    When I solo dps is impressive, but I need to set up before a single damage point goes off / getting aggro, then 10+ abilities set off within 3 seconds - 3 second till mob-death each time after setting up. Even if I use my macro instead of setting up it's pretty decent, but not as much as a pre-set up solo playing style.

    Sab's are definitely not known for being top dps on bosses at all. My boss dps is about #5 at the best as per the rift dps meter but usually lower I admit. If I get high dps compared to others on a boss, this is telling me I am w/ under geared people or a few are slacking, not giving it their all.

    I love playing my 61 point Sab. This is my #1 reason to play Rift.
    Do not mess/change Sab - they do what they are supposed to do if executed with max efficiency.
    Are you actually using 61sab as dps spec for raid/expert bosses?
    I mean sabo ST dps is below support souls....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts