+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synergy Crystal For Assassin

Default Synergy Crystal For Assassin

Witch is better, slayer's or warmaster's for sin pvp?
    Thanks

Prophet of Telara

warmaster for every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    warmaster for every spec.
    Is that for just pvp or in general? I consistently parse higher in Sin with Slayer's.

I take that back. Ran with Warmaster's on Thalguur and Uruluuk tonight and it actually parsed higher. I feel like it changes every week....
    Last edited by Artewig; 08-11-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Touched

I would love to see actual numbers on which crystal parses better. My guess is slayer "should" be better for assassin than warmaster since most of your damage comes from non-finishers, but Indhira has been pushing warmaster for everything. My current hypothesis is that it doesnt matter.

P.S. Can anyone actually tell me how much damage 350 AP actually amounts to?

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    I would love to see actual numbers on which crystal parses better.
    I agree. I really don't like having two dps crystals like this. Definitely liked it when the crystals were defined by the spec so it was very clear which to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    I would love to see actual numbers on which crystal parses better. My guess is slayer "should" be better for assassin than warmaster since most of your damage comes from non-finishers, but Indhira has been pushing warmaster for everything. My current hypothesis is that it doesnt matter.

P.S. Can anyone actually tell me how much damage 350 AP actually amounts to?
    350AP more or less is 1225dps...

Slayer bonus is not really 5%, someone posted the real % and it goes from 1.8% to 2.5%. depends on the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Is that for just pvp or in general? I consistently parse higher in Sin with Slayer's.

I take that back. Ran with Warmaster's on Thalguur and Uruluuk tonight and it actually parsed higher. I feel like it changes every week....
    You feel like it changes every week because your performance does.

Suppose you are playing 61 'sin with Serpent Strike macro'd and you use Serpent Strike twice without Serpent Pose in a 5 minute fight. Those extra 24s of SS being on CD costs you 3 attacks. If your SS hits for an average of 60,000 that is a 600 dps loss (180,000/300). Worst case scenario one of those was your first SS and you now only get 2 in during Flaring Power instead of 4 which would be an even bigger loss.

Small simple mistakes like that or even just your DFtS in NB/NBSIN failing to crit during raid CDs will have an overall larger impact than the difference between the two crystals. But at current gear levels Warmaster's is better.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    350AP more or less is 1225dps...

Slayer bonus is not really 5%, someone posted the real % and it goes from 1.8% to 2.5%. depends on the spec.
    Not really sure how you converted AP to DPS, unless you did it experimentally. What I am really wondering is how much does 350 AP increase the damage of a skill? Do skills scale linearly with AP? There should be a relatively simple way to convert 350 AP to % damage increase. This would easily settle the debate.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

+ Reply to Thread