+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Questions somehwat noobish

Soulwalker

Default General Questions somehwat noobish

Hello fellow Ascended. I have been playing Rift for quite some time, and am finding it harder to find information compared to previous years. I have some basic questions.

I leveled a Cleric because i wanted to heal, but my guild needed my Rogues DPS, so i went back to her. I decided that i would pick up the Phys soul and try it out in NTE's and WF's. I am a bit confused as to stat priorities for healing. Am i stacking AP? My main spec is SIN, do i need to have a separate set of gear for a Physician setup, or will the T1/T2 mixture i currently have work? I changed the synergy crystal to Medic while in the phys spec, so no need to mention that.

Secondly, i was curious on PHYS CRIT. I have a ton of it, and cant seem to get rid of it. Is there something i am missing here? T1 and T2 gear seems to have a lot less AP and a lot more CP and PC.

Using common sense I can imagine that stat priorities are DEX, CP, AP is there any difference when playing a Phys spec?

Thanks for the assistance fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutt View Post
    Hello fellow Ascended. I have been playing Rift for quite some time, and am finding it harder to find information compared to previous years. I have some basic questions.

I leveled a Cleric because i wanted to heal, but my guild needed my Rogues DPS, so i went back to her. I decided that i would pick up the Phys soul and try it out in NTE's and WF's. I am a bit confused as to stat priorities for healing. Am i stacking AP? My main spec is SIN, do i need to have a separate set of gear for a Physician setup, or will the T1/T2 mixture i currently have work? I changed the synergy crystal to Medic while in the phys spec, so no need to mention that.

Secondly, i was curious on PHYS CRIT. I have a ton of it, and cant seem to get rid of it. Is there something i am missing here? T1 and T2 gear seems to have a lot less AP and a lot more CP and PC.

Using common sense I can imagine that stat priorities are DEX, CP, AP is there any difference when playing a Phys spec?

Thanks for the assistance fellas.
    Not that I can think of. The only problem you really run into as any form of healer (Rogues, Clerics, anything) is not having enough AP to make sure your non-crits are good enough to outweigh the potential of a crit fails. Since we're not as bad as EQ2 here yet (Where they had to make Crit Tiers) these can often be unreliable.

I will admit I haven't bought or played Physician, I'm mostly going off what I can recall as a Bard/Tact, which uses healing as a means of support through some of their moves.

It's possible the priorities may change a bit, from DEX CP AP to DEX AP CP on a healing soul, though.
    Eithel - 65 Rogue - Faeblight
    Hinokage - Eventual 65 Mage - Faeblight

My advice would be to get different focus for healing so you can shredd some CP in exchange for AP and also have healing greaters.
    AP is safe bet for healers so if you have luxury of owning two items about same quality , one AP and one CP then go for attack power.But other then that dont worry too much about healing gear, just equip best stuff you have.

Also I wanna be catious when talking about stat priority cause its really all about stat weights.If item has phys crit on it, it can still be better then AP/CP item ... you just have to do the math ;)

+ Reply to Thread