+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Solo Spec information

Default Solo Spec information

I dont know what spec to use in solo gameplay at 65 level.I will most of time run old raids,chronicles or farming mobs.what are your suggestions?Some say that ranger is still the best,other than 61 sin, also bladerdacer too..and i dont know what to choose from.I could have a build for high st and survivability and one for aoe and survivability.Can someone please put me in right direction?A comparation between some of the specs would gladly help me

Prophet of Telara

ranger is completely garbage. You can use 61nb 11 ranger 4 rift to farm old raid bosses(get 61 assasin to skip useless trash packs) or you can use 61 BD 12 riftstalker 4 tactician if u strugle a lot staying alive.

1.So then 61 nb for old raids,what about farming and chronicles?
    2.What is the diference between 61 nb, 61 sin and the 38/38 hybrid between them for the solo gameplay?
    3.Sould i stick with one of them for all solo related stuff?
    4.Should i use bladedancer for aoe(farming mostly)?
    Last edited by AngelOfSoul; 07-30-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfSoul View Post
    1.So then 61 nb for old raids,what about farming and chronicles?
    2.What is the diference between 61 nb, 61 sin and the 38/38 hybrid between them for the solo gameplay?
    3.Sould i stick with one of them for all solo related stuff?
    4.Should i use bladedancer for aoe(farming mostly)?
    1-you can use 61NB for those too.
    2-those specs are pretty similar,but for solo gameplay id use 61nb cause the other 2 specs dont have any AoE.
    3-You can swap whenever you want(get more roles),skip some trash with 61 assasin, swap to 61nb burst something down,swap to BD to aoe etc etc.
    4-Yes

Apreciate all the info u given me.Just few questions if u dont mind
    1.in term of dps only for st does 61 nb parse higher than 61 sin?
    2.Is 61 nb a good replace for 61 bd in aoe,because i like to have as few specs as i can
    3.Will 61 nb be enough if i want to use it in all purposes in solo related(aoe,st and survival)?

Prophet of Telara

Apreciate all the info u given me.Just few questions if u dont mind
    1.in term of dps only for st does 61 nb parse higher than 61 sin?
    2.Is 61 nb a good replace for 61 bd in aoe,because i like to have as few specs as i can
    3.Will 61 nb be enough if i want to use it in all purposes in solo related(aoe,st and survival)?
    1-assasin will do more until you get zerker(wich i guess is not on ur plans)
    2-less optimal but yes.
    3-yes

thank you very much my friend for all the info and help u have given me.Learned alot from u

Prophet of Telara

in terms of versatility for solo content, NB could be better for you because it has relatively high ST and it has AoE dps too and if you go a bit too emo pulling stuff u can always pop twilight.

Shadowlander

First of all i agree with what they have written bout sin/nb/bd souls, u should learn to use em.

But if u are pretty new to game and / or ur not good geared u should go for 61 ranger 11 phys 4 tact.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#z...4/Xhmy/Tu|XJPw

This IS NOT the best dps spec but if u want to play in term of survivability is one of the best.
    Switch level 61 mastery to aggressive defense if u want little bit more dps instead of passive healing when in combat.

The pros are:

You are ranged spec
    Have a tank pet and dps pet u can switch to if u have already a tank in ur group
    ST and AoE attacks
    Have a ranged interrupt from ranger and a bonus break free
    Possibility to self heal and self cleanse (basically the reason for 11 points in phys), the curative engine from tact as well as from ur pet from ranger buff (also vampiric ammo from planar attunement, medicinal leeching, planar variation, diffuse, urgent care, active treatment, ect ect)
    You can heal also ur pet (the razorbeast when is tanking, since rejuvernate only is not so much helpfull to keep it alive if taking heavy damage) or someone else (u cannot take the place of a serious healer, but just in case u can save someone else life)

Basically u can do almost everything but remember that ur dps will not be so good as a real dps spec.

The realy strenght of this spec is that u can even solo hk IA and every old raid. Same is true for every open world content like nightmares rifts, chronicles, and so on.

Literally if good played, ur immortal.
    If u need ill post the macros.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Heri; 07-31-2015 at 09:56 PM.

I just returned after 1 year of break and before i only played ranger and i got my char to 60 with only that spec.I will use to see how will work your suggestion too and thx alot.I wanna change from ranger tho because for mee seems a low spec in comparation to nb and if i learn to play nm or sin properly then is the best thing i can do.If i go nb or sin does those 2 specs perform better than ranger if i play them well?(after i get some build for my situation i will go nb,atm im sin)

Prophet of Telara

I just returned after 1 year of break and before i only played ranger and i got my char to 60 with only that spec.I will use to see how will work your suggestion too and thx alot.I wanna change from ranger tho because for mee seems a low spec in comparation to nb and if i learn to play nm or sin properly then is the best thing i can do.If i go nb or sin does those 2 specs perform better than ranger if i play them well?(after i get some build for my situation i will go nb,atm im sin)
    They do a lot better than ranger.

as ive said in another thread i have some hand issues and i cant move fingers very well and i need to have as litle buttons as posible and still not loosing to much dps...what should be my rotation if i use the macros that are in the guide? or if someone can help me with some macros that are much simpler with few buttons and tell me the rotation and how my bar should look
    Srry for late answer but i wasnt at home.. i have a simple mouse only with scrol, and max 5 buttons for a rotation better 4.I dont know if posible to have a macroed rotation and also have not big dps loss but i hope.Would help me greatly to have as low number of buttons for a rotation as posible.If posible to get info on what to get out of macro if in time i can manage better a more complicated rotation and try explain like for a newbieAlso the rotation that is needed.Ty in advance

U know so much about nb can i have your opinion in this matter if u dint mind?

Prophet of Telara

U know so much about nb can i have your opinion in this matter if u dint mind?
    http://i.imgur.com/XYmFAHg.jpg thats how i have it.

I supose those a lot more than you can handle. 2 are 1 min cds so those can be mouse clicked if you want, it leaves us with 9+- keys.
    How about using only 3 keys with ctrol shift modfiers? like 1-2-3 ctrol-1 ctrol-2 control-3 and same with shift.

We could reduce buttons overmacroing stuff, it wont be optimal and ull have to be aware of their cds in order to not mess up.

ty alot for the bar.Can u help me with some macros u use and rotation?

coy
    Telaran

For solo65 content like invasions, farming, quests, events etc use bladestalker
    For old raids, use
    - 61assa to sneak around trash and fight single bosses
    - 61nb to fight bosses with adds
    - 61ranger for the last bosses dh+gp
    (both are less annoying as ranger, because the DD pet will be in focus for their mechanics)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast