+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged dps rogue spec

Soulwalker

Default Ranged dps rogue spec

Hello,

I am playing a ranged dps rogue, Marksman. 16 Ranger, 48 Marksman, 12 Riftstalker.

Could someone lead me to a full dps specced Marksman?

My rotation is something like:

Barbed Calculated Calculated Lightning Swift Deadeye Empowered Swift ... Deadeye... etc.

Maybe the rotation could be better also.

I am doing some dmg, but I feel I should be doing more.

Have all gear lvl 65, 1000 hit, 714 dps rifle, etc.

Please let me know

Prophet of Telara

Well he beat me to it. 61 Marksman 11 Ranger 4 Nightblade is the top Marksman spec. As for the spec you're using, if you're using it for PvP, I would say you have removed too many key abilities for this spec to be effective. With Marksman, you can't really move too far from 61 Marksman for PvP. The best option is to change the sub-souls around to give you a bit more survivability. I use 61 Marksman 11 Ranger 4 RS. It gives me an extra movement buff and a bit of extra health without sacrificing a whole lot of dps. But if it's for PvE, definitely change it and follow the guild N3korrales linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Ok, thank you people!

Will make a second spec what was suggested!

Quote Originally Posted by frunhilda View Post
    Ok, thank you people!

Will make a second spec what was suggested!

Why make a second spec? There's really no reason to keep that 48/16/12 build.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

I can't find the Marksman / Nightblade / Ranger combination :O

I can't find the Marksman / Nightblade / Ranger combination :O
    When it asks you to choose a preset, just hit the "close" button. Then you can choose any set of souls you want and distribute your soul points appropriately.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 07-30-2015 at 07:57 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    When it asks you to choose a preset, just hit the "close" button. Then you can choose any set of souls you want and distribute your soul points appropriately.
    Hehe, now I feel so awkward

Soulwalker

Ok, tried the new spec in an IA, it's just BEAST )

Thank you very much.

The new rotation is harder because rapid fire now does not deplete my combo points and I was used to that...

Ok, tried the new spec in an IA, it's just BEAST )

Thank you very much.

The new rotation is harder because rapid fire now does not deplete my combo points and I was used to that...
    Yeah that's because of the Free Recoil buff. It allows you to get two finishers in a shorter amount of time Rapid Fire Shot>Empowered Shot>Deadeye Shot instead of something like Rapid Fire Shot>Empowered Shot>Swift Shot>Calculated Shot>Swift Shot>Deadeye Shot so it's an increase in dps. If you don't want it (I would recommend keeping it, because more dps is better), then just remove the Free Recoil buff.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Any pvp specs for when I am doing the daily/weekly?

Possibly a MM spec cause I am used to that.

( and yes, Free Recoil is deffinetely a keeper )

When I play MM in pvp, I usually just use 61 MM 11 Ranger 4 RS, but it doesn't give you too much more survivability so if your cd block is down, you may not win in 1 on 1.

Soulwalker

I'm looking to survive more.

I have seen that some classes I can beat, some I have no chance with ( healers, shielders, tanks ).

Or even other spec than MM, just wanted to see how everyone is doing in pvp and why?

Not sure how you feel about melee, but I also like running 61 Assassin 12 Riftstalker 3 Marksman. Gives you survivability, a few cc's, and two movement buffs.

I'm looking to survive more.

I have seen that some classes I can beat, some I have no chance with ( healers, shielders, tanks ).

Or even other spec than MM, just wanted to see how everyone is doing in pvp and why?
    Surviving with MM spec is all about avoiding being targeted while staying in the back and killing stuff quickly, dont expect to win a lot of 1on1 fights with it.With proper rotation you can do some pretty awesome dmg with it in WF.

My personal favourite is full NB for pvp, awesome burst, 20m range, 2x break free and a very nice defensive cd in Twilight Transcendence (recently nerfed though )

+ Reply to Thread