+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: physician in pvp

Default physician in pvp

What is the pvp healing penalty again? At 65, my causal treatment is hitting for an average of 1500 and a max of 3000. The tooltip reads around 18k-20k. I'm hitting for less than 10% of the tooltip. Is this normal?
    Catriana@deepwood

Sword of Telara

I would be tempted to point the finger at 30% reaver debuffs. They seem to be around on most people most of the time.

Screenshots of specifics would help to see whether this is the case or not.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

i'll try to get a screenshot.
    Catriana@deepwood

The base healing penalty is 77.5%. On top of that, players will often be affected by Reaver's 15% outgoing and 15% incoming healing debuffs. The global heal reduction combined with both Reaver debuffs will result in about a 91% reduction to your healing in PvP.

The soul sucks at raids and pvp alike... this needs to be addressed...

Make sure you dont have AT on either. The amount of physicians spamming builders with AT on and sometimes AT and pandemic at the same time is straight up silly. That and bards with multiple oscillation too.

There is nothing wrong with the soul in pvp/pve (maybe puri outshines it cus its an itsy bitsy broken)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by skorv View Post
    The soul sucks at raids and pvp alike... this needs to be addressed...
    61 physician is mostly crap in raids, but that is not cause 61 physician is super bad but rather cause puri is broken as tank healer.
    also the issue that the hp of raid tanks will barely scale, while puris shields will scale fully with gear.
    just u wait we have overshielded tanks without crits soon

but phys/tact is great in raids, it is basicly a chloro with less dps tank suport shielding if needed and raid shielding.
    its used widely in hk and in gp.

and physican in pvp is quite strong.
    u are immune to drains. domis!!
    but its issue is that it only has one break free compared to other specs that got 3 even.
    so u suffer a lot against coordinated premades
    give physican a high point break free at 50 points or so then it would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The base healing penalty is 77.5%. On top of that, players will often be affected by Reaver's 15% outgoing and 15% incoming healing debuffs. The global heal reduction combined with both Reaver debuffs will result in about a 91% reduction to your healing in PvP.

are you 100% sure that the debuff is additive and NOT multiplicative?

because if it is.... then are you f****** kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    are you 100% sure that the debuff is additive and NOT multiplicative?

because if it is.... then are you f****** kidding me?
    It is multiplicative... if it were additive then we'd have 77.5% + 15% + 15% = 107.5% reduction, which is clearly not the case and is clearly worse. The global reduction is calculated first, then the outgoing reduction on the healer, then the incoming reduction(s) on the target (since the Reaver incoming debuff stacks with all other incoming debuffs like Anathema and Fell Blades).

physician is pretty bad in pvp, you wont heal through any decent burst class with more than 1 form of CC

It is multiplicative... if it were additive then we'd have 77.5% + 15% + 15% = 107.5% reduction, which is clearly not the case and is clearly worse. The global reduction is calculated first, then the outgoing reduction on the healer, then the incoming reduction(s) on the target (since the Reaver incoming debuff stacks with all other incoming debuffs like Anathema and Fell Blades).
    Then shouldn't it be ~84%? It's uncommon to see Fell Blades, and very rare to see Anathema nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    physician is pretty bad in pvp, you wont heal through any decent burst class with more than 1 form of CC
    pretty bad? they're almost impossible to lock down, against a dom, and since they have a semi-decent spam heal, they can juke and los.

i survive longer on my rogue than on my cleric, while healing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Then shouldn't it be ~84%? It's uncommon to see Fell Blades, and very rare to see Anathema nowadays.
    Err yes. Let's not talk about the supreme idiocy that led me to that wrong number up there. Instead, let's talk about why the world needs English majors.

pretty bad? they're almost impossible to lock down, against a dom, and since they have a semi-decent spam heal, they can juke and los.

What. I don't think Phys is "bad" but if you're surviving longer on Phys than on Puri then... what.

i was talking more about keeping other people alive
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-22-2015 at 12:29 PM.

What. I don't think Phys is "bad" but if you're surviving longer on Phys than on Puri then... what.
    i openly admit it, im a terrible pvp healer. but i last longer on rogue.

once, a single freaking nb/sin took me out from 100-0 in less than 10 seconds. and i had almost full t1 gear, while he had only 1 store dagger and mostly ephemeral. thats how bad i am. a single good dps can bring me down.

i might be bad, but im definitely better than most of the other rabble you see in wf's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast