+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange dps

Soulwalker

Default Strange dps

I've been playing Rift for a while now, and I love nerding with numbers and min/maxing my specs.

My guildy Azinicious has about the same attack power as I have. I have about 3k crit power, he has about 2200 crit power. We have the same Marksman spec, and doing EXACTLY the same rotation.

During the opening:

Deadeye shot, barbed shot, lightning fury, empowered shot, swift shot, Bull's eye, Finisher, empowered shot, finisher, sentry battery

His spike dps is about 110k and after that steady on 80k, then it falls down to 70k.
    My spike dps is about 80k and it falls down to 70k quite quickly.

We've been going over this for hours. I've respecced to the same spec, we've discussed latency/ fps and the amount we spam buttons, but we both have about the same (latency: 16ms, 25fps, fingers bleeding).

So now, we really dont understand why my dps is so much lower than his. I've checked, double checked, and checked again (and again). Not a clue. Can someone shine a light on this please?

What kind of procs do the two of you have? (Greaters, trinkets, relic weapons.)

Not really much info to go on. You also don't mention if the 2 of you have a different PC% chance.

Gonna guess and say he has zerker proc and you don't. If he has offhand with proc, trinket proc and finric bow then that's 8 zerker attacks instead of 5 and 25% increased proc damage on those 8 zerker attacks.

Having draum ra and finric bow is unfortunately a massive dps boost over another rogue who has one of the 2 or neither of them. If that is the case then you can at least claim a moral victory if you both bottom out at 70k as he should be pulling more

If he doesn't have draum ra weapon then no idea but I would wager he does and you don't.
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Ascendant

Check your ability breakdown on a parser and check to see how many of each spell was cast for each player. Also, as mentioned, other stats lime crit chance and procs can play a part. Try parsing naked.
    \

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Saamoa View Post
    I
    During the opening:

Deadeye shot, barbed shot, lightning fury, empowered shot, swift shot, Bull's eye, Finisher, empowered shot, finisher, sentry battery
    DES-BS-LF-CS-ES-bulls eye-rfs-empowered-DES-sentry. Use that opening or if you feel comfortable use bulls eye before the first empowered shot.

Soulwalker

Thanks for your replies!

I'm sorry I wasn't very detailed. We both have finric's bow and threnghar's weapon, about the same PC and AP. Same trinket proc,

We've been to Meridian this morning, stripped naked, except for the bow and did about the same dps.

Then we put our gear on, and he was spiking at 115k again and I was at 93k. I'll check our parsings later on prancingturtle

Thanks for your replies!

I'm sorry I wasn't very detailed. We both have finric's bow and threnghar's weapon, about the same PC and AP. Same trinket proc,

We've been to Meridian this morning, stripped naked, except for the bow and did about the same dps.

Then we put our gear on, and he was spiking at 115k again and I was at 93k. I'll check our parsings later on prancingturtle

Hmmm... Maybe you should use level 67 dummies to parse ;) Not the meridian ones

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Use that opening or if you feel comfortable use bulls eye before the first empowered shot.
    I personally prefer using Empowered Shot right before Sentry Battery when I don't have latency issues.
    As in: DES-BS-LF-CS-ES-BE-RFS-ES-DES-ES-SB
    It's safer that way. I can gauge whether or not I'd make the extra Empowered Shot or not before it's too late.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-17-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe you should use level 67 dummies to parse ;) Not the meridian ones
    Ye we did but then we had this bug: our combo points weren't going away. But we didnt do any dmg.

In other words, the dummy was dodging us as we were playing with only our bow

Sword of Telara

Ye we did but then we had this bug: our combo points weren't going away. But we didnt do any dmg.

In other words, the dummy was dodging us as we were playing with only our bow
    This is why you need enough hit to do PvE stuff.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I personally prefer using Empowered Shot right before Sentry Battery when I don't have latency issues.
    As in: DES-BS-LF-CS-ES-BE-RFS-ES-DES-ES-SB
    It's safer that way. I can gauge whether or not I'd make the extra Empowered Shot or not before it's too late.
    Using empowered shot after deadeye shot has a small delay. It's much safer to do BE -> ES -> RFS -> ES -> DS -> SB. But yeah if you lag doing that then your sentry battery falls out of bull's eye even though the overall timing for fitting the globals in should be smaller

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

+ Reply to Thread