+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mics001
  • 3 Post By Stihl
  • 1 Post By Caldorian

Thread: Tactican?

Soulwalker

Default Tactican?

Maybe im wrong here, but isnt it like the only bought soul atm, that is pretty much useless?
    yeah there is the phystac, but stil ?

Anyone knows what the plan is, with it? cant really finde anything about it from the dev team.

Personally i would love that the tactican, became a defiler of some sort.

why? Well because after seeing others guilds, their setup for raiding is, one puri, one defiler, oracle(prob. for the faster debuffing and what not) and one cleric tank (prob. for the extra BR, which is always handy in progression) so 4 clerics is needed for some guilds.

So for balance purposes, it would be a great idea to make it a defiler (as i see it aleast).
    and as fare as i know, rogue is still a pretty populated class, so in that way, it migth relief some guilds aswell, in those occasions where they are short of clerics.

And before you all yell; that the would make the phystac total OP, then remember that there is a quick fix for that;
    - links or reduction of the taken of dmg. highere then what the phystac can get (maybe in the 40+ soul).
    - put the BR earliere, since the BRs have a shared CD.
    - small heals that wouldnt be as big as the phystacs main heals, but with more point highere up would be bigger or something like that.

yeah so in a way, there is a ton of possible ways to make it, without really boosting the phystac.

and shouldnt multiple "spec" be played by multiple classes? to insure that all guild, regardless to their rooster, beable to contiue the prog.?

Do we even still have a class dev?
    The specs im playing now is prolly the same specs i will play the day i quit RIFT.

anyway dont expect much we just got our "marksman Revamp" so we wont get another change in another 1 year with primalthirst in "Development", theyre spending all their time to make sure Its OP so people will spend $$$ on it..

Also the promised Ranger revamp seems forgotten now i think its just a way to hype us for nothing.
    Last edited by mics001; 07-10-2015 at 05:23 AM.

The Tactician soul is being reworked into a crafting soul. Each of the 4 different cores will now act as a separate crafting station.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    The Tactician soul is being reworked into a crafting soul. Each of the 4 different cores will now act as a separate crafting station.
    That one gets the lol from me stihl.

Quote Originally Posted by mics001 View Post
    Do we even still have a class dev?
    The specs im playing now is prolly the same specs i will play the day i quit RIFT.

anyway dont expect much we just got our "marksman Revamp" so we wont get another change in another 1 year with primalthirst in "Development", theyre spending all their time to make sure Its OP so people will spend $$$ on it..

Also the promised Ranger revamp seems forgotten now i think its just a way to hype us for nothing.
    i dunno how it being reworked into a solo PvE grind spec is hype worthy

Rift Disciple

Tact will likely never be a healing soul. The SL souls are the "here is a new cool way to play a soul type your class already has and has a low point ability that will be used in almost all builds". the NT souls are "here is that thing your class doesn't have yet". So if they make it a healing soul then NT isn't as appealing as it is currently for rogue players.
    Really the damaging spells need to debuff more and the healing ones need to buff more to fit the support/dps role. QoL I would like cores to last longer or have a proc on torrents, bolts, or finishers that refreshes them like Bardic Inspiration does for motifs for bards.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiune View Post
    QoL I would like cores to last longer or have a proc on torrents
    They already last 30s with the right mastery. How much longer do you want them?

The easiest short term fix I'd throw at tactician is to adjust Ablative Coil. Get rid of the channel on it, and just make it a straight cast. Then Devs choice of increasing the damage reduction and leaving it at 20 targets, or adding a heal to it similar to FoL and reducing it to 10 targets. Wouldn't make the soul competitive, but give it something that has a use at least.

I do wonder if anyone has used a tactician for an RoF triplets single tank kill? DPS during blue, Healing during red.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    They already last 30s with the right mastery. How much longer do you want them?
    Only lvl 60 on my rogue so haven't delved into masteries yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    i dunno how it being reworked into a solo PvE grind spec is hype worthy
    You cant say that cause every rework opens a posibility for a new hybrid. I want to play something new, the specs im playing since Storm Legion is the same spec im playing now.

Marksman is a nice rework.

+ Reply to Thread