+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enduring brew

Default Enduring brew

worst 25 point ability in the game?

I think it heals for less than 5k in PvP, less than a single swift shot, and the energy boost is almost never needed
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-25-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    worst 25 point ability in the game?

I think it heals for less than 5k in PvP, less than a single swift shot, and the energy boost is almost never needed
    the energy comes in handy so often, you're looking at it in terms of pvp (even so, if you get drained for a sec it's pretty good to get energy back) but for pve i find myself using it preeetty often

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

enduring brew can't really be a substantial self heal because of nbsin hybrids already having access to both twilight transcendence and enduring brew.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

It's also still not as bad as Vampiric Munitions.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    enduring brew can't really be a substantial self heal because of nbsin hybrids already having access to both twilight transcendence and enduring brew.
    Doesn't inq have 2 non pvp nerfed heals though ?

In all fairness, even if enduring brew healed like TT did, you still wouldn't see heavy NB/Sin hybrids in dueling circuits (Where this would actually be relevant) or in actual warfront pvp ( Because the spec is inferior to MM or 61 NB respectively).

Enduring brew used to be a decent heal. Maybe enough to survive a couple more globals, and give you the edge on someone that you were burning par with. Now it's nearly useless outside of energy management or an "OHSHT" heal button for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    In all fairness, even if enduring brew healed like TT did, you still wouldn't see heavy NB/Sin hybrids in dueling circuits (Where this would actually be relevant) or in actual warfront pvp ( Because the spec is inferior to MM or 61 NB respectively).

Enduring brew used to be a decent heal. Maybe enough to survive a couple more globals, and give you the edge on someone that you were burning par with. Now it's nearly useless outside of energy management or an "OHSHT" heal button for pve.
    40nb/36sin is still a very viable pvp spec imo.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

40nb/36sin is still a very viable pvp spec imo.
    Viable, perhaps, but still inferior in just about every relevant way to 61 NB for melee, and 61 MM for ranged. NB's burst is an order of magnitudes stronger, it's ranged damage is competitive for more then long enough to make the point redundant, while also packing a secondary break free. MM's burst is also superior, and has much longer range.

The healing is simply redundant and irrelevant for rogues, and while it would be nice to have a heal that actually healed in one of the squishier melee specs in the game, the simple fact is it wouldn't make the build anymore viable.

It's made of paper, and has no secondary break free, which is essentially a death sentence for a class revolving around a burst window nearly 15 seconds long.

I just think it could use some improvement. As a lot of melee things can. The 5k heal is nearly ignorable in pvp. While I dont think it needs to be TT level healing. If it healed for more then 2-5k, it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by CDagger; 06-25-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Enduring brew was not meant to be a huge health increase "o-sht " button. If you really wanted to use it as such, macro a health pot with it, and it can become one. This ability is more for energy regeneration, which can prove invaluable at times, especially with a Dom taking all of your energy right before you land a killing blow, or when your raid bard goes down and you find yourself energy starving.

I've successfully used EB to prevent a death in a raid, landing the killing blow on a sloppy boss kill. It can be useful, period.

What rogues really need a break free somewhere 5-10 pts low on any tree, like all the 3 other classes have.

quote from myself:

Please give rogues a low invest "break free", as all the other callings have.
    11 pts: ride the wind 20 sec cd
    6 pts: elude 1 min cd
    11 pts dark passage 20 sec cd

As bd is main utility soul (interrupt, charge, speed) I propose additional effect to "Sprint" to remove all impairing effects, 1 min cd.

Soulwalker

Doesn't slip away do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutt View Post
    Doesn't slip away do that?
    No.

It's the main reason why assassin is not played over Nightblade. Nightblade has a 30 second CD break free. Assassin does not.

+ Reply to Thread