+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51SIN/21RS/4NB PvP build

Default 51SIN/21RS/4NB PvP build

Greetings, I'm currently running a 51/SIN/21RS/4NB build for pvp http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...l5kax4/wf|_uP0, the build seems to work great. Offering improved survivability, decent damage and burst, and most importantly the ability to close gaps fairly easily. What I'm really looking for out of this post is a few tips on what the rotation with such a build should be, what priorities and what not. I may have missed a post on the forum detailing it somewhere, so I apologize if that's the case. Just really looking for tips, macros, and rotation priority advice.

I wouldn't put those 4 points in Nightblade and instead put them in RS. At 24 RS, you get a second break free. Putting 3 in Ruthless Stalker gives +15% crit chance for 10 seconds after porting, and you have 3 ports. Also, I'd grab phantom blow; it hits hard!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Hey Arrowmir, if you are Arrowmir from Faeblight, you should hit up Sweetnessp@notsure, he got some insane Sin skills with similar build as yours. Last time I saw him, he dominated a full WF with double the damage next to the 2nd placed.

Last time I saw you, you were running a MM build and swapped into NB on a domination map when you were much better of with your sin build, which you are playing on a high level already.

Anyways, I like your build. I'm just missing Phantom Blow. It's a good damage addition with a sweet passive bonus.

Default Indeed

Aye, I am the same Arrowmir. I've messed around with the build to include Phantom Blow, and it is indeed a nice increase. I main Sin always have pretty much always will. I do however like to experiment with the various builds from time to time just for kicks. MM has it's lol moments where you crit people for 13k followed immediately by 12k empowered shots. Nightblade seems like a one trick pony to me, nice burst for a few seconds then its just meh. I'd certainly prefer a full melee build like sin too, hence the experimentation with RS builds for the shadowshift abilities. Managing the "perfect rotation" is a bit trickier but it seems like getting it down pat would b well worth it.

Telaran

why dont u pick up enfeebling poison?
    this spec is suposed to be a mele tanki fighter so this is a no brainer.
    as others said 24 poitns riftstalker for sure break frees are strong. and shadow shift also great retreat as u can shift to your ally in the back.
    u got a free subsoul prety much and 0 bladedancer is so worth it for side steps.

im not great at pvp theory crafting so psl corect me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    why dont u pick up enfeebling poison?
    this spec is suposed to be a mele tanki fighter so this is a no brainer.
    as others said 24 poitns riftstalker for sure break frees are strong. and shadow shift also great retreat as u can shift to your ally in the back.
    u got a free subsoul prety much and 0 bladedancer is so worth it for side steps.

im not great at pvp theory crafting so psl corect me if im wrong.

isn't side steps kinda useless with other classes current pvp souls.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Soulwalker

I love this spec in certain pvp situations. It really helps against healers, with the teleports constantly forcing them to heal themselves instead of their team mates.

I macrod backstab with them since we can teleport behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    isn't side steps kinda useless with other classes current pvp souls.
    Since most players play range clases it indeed is pretty useless and has limited situations that it's useful in.

+ Reply to Thread