+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab question

Telaran

Default Sab question

I played Sab in the last beta but I never got around to testing this. When you load up a target with charges what happens when you use a finisher other than detonate? Do you get the equivalent of 5 combos points? Does it consume your charges without adding the charge's damage?

Also not sure if you can reach it yet but how does annihilation bomb work? Is it basically just a stronger version of detonate that does aoe?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    I played Sab in the last beta but I never got around to testing this. When you load up a target with charges what happens when you use a finisher other than detonate? Do you get the equivalent of 5 combos points? Does it consume your charges without adding the charge's damage?

Also not sure if you can reach it yet but how does annihilation bomb work? Is it basically just a stronger version of detonate that does aoe?
    charges and detonate are completely separate, which is really the best benefit of the improved annihilation bomb. You can build up 5 charges, trip them with bomb and then use a 5 combo point finisher. Deadeye shot from a secondary marksman spec, for instance.
    Last edited by Zedword; 02-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Soulwalker

What I know from B5 is that you can use detonate with either your charges OR combo points from other skills. But yes like he said charges add combo points, but it is only detonate that takes off the charges AND combo points. Anni bomb only takes off the charges and leaves the combo points. HOWEVER I don't know if you can use say deadeye shot 1st and still have the charges left for a detonate? that would be sort of OP

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post

A bomb is better because it detonates your charges while leaving the combo points behind. It saves you a few steps. What i mean by that is this. All finishers require 1 combo point. If you did not have a bomb or were too low level you'd have to use the finisher of your choice, deadeye for example, then perform another combo building attack to qualify for detonate to use your 5 charges. A bomb, when upgraded, allows you to u to use it to detonate with no charges lost and then use your finisher. or in reverse order if you like.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zedword View Post
    charges and detonate are completely separate, which is really the best benefit of the improved annihilation bomb. You can build up 5 charges, trip them with bomb and then use a 5 combo point finisher. Deadeye shot from a secondary marksman spec, for instance.
    This. Or Headshot for a +5% damage dealt buff ( and with hellfire blades and a +5% dmg received debuff)... and then toss an AnniBomb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gonorrhea View Post
    What I know from B5 is that you can use detonate with either your charges OR combo points from other skills. But yes like he said charges add combo points, but it is only detonate that takes off the charges AND combo points. Anni bomb only takes off the charges and leaves the combo points. HOWEVER I don't know if you can use say deadeye shot 1st and still have the charges left for a detonate? that would be sort of OP
    You need to have 1 charge for Detonate to work... you can Deadeye Shot, and then do something which will add a combo point, and then Detonate. The charges will still do the same amount of damage, you just get a smaller boom from Detonate with 1 charge versus 5 charges.

+ Reply to Thread