+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PvP Strategy: Rogue

Telaran

Default New PvP Strategy: Rogue

Ok so maybe this is not "new" per se, but I have been having a ball with the following spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...9Z5ll9ll28/thE

Before you comment, understand a few things:

1. This is not a spec that will kill most people.
    2. This is not a spec for every type of game or map.

Having said that, what this spec is used for are the three knock backs. You get 2 AoE and 1 ST. Crossfire and Mass Repulsion are great for keeping the other team away from an objective or knocking them off a platform. The Spire in Blighted...oh yeah! Reds go flying every direction with this spec!

I also use it to harass healers. With 3 knock backs, an interrupt, a perma-root and a snare, I can keep them away from their team or off their carrier.

I also use the Cores to help cover an objective so the other team has trouble picking it up. I know that Cores were nerfed several patches ago, but they still have some function. They are part of the Tact soul, so you might as well use them.

I let others worry about standing toe to toe and dukeing it out for kills. I play the objectives.

The play style is not for everyone. However, I have had numerous PMs asking me WTF I am doing to keep so many people away from an objective, or what exact spec I am using.

Telaran

I have been asked which maps I use the spec on, so I wanted to elaborate here.

Black Gardens: when the objective is to control the Fang, this spec works really well. The Fang pops in the middle of the map, so it is a race to get there and pick it up. I use Crossfire to knock the enemy away from the Fang and then Mass Repulsion to further drive them back. I also drop a Necrotic Core on top of the Fang to help stop the enemy from picking it up, should they get by me. Using this strategy usually allows my team to pick it up and start racking up points.

Whitefall Steppes: same principle as Black Gardens. Use it to drive them away from the "flag" (shell or whatever it is called). If they manage to pick one up and they have a healer following their carrier, use the numerous knock backs, roots and snares to keep the healer away from the carrier so your team can burn him down.

Karthan Ridge: if they are trying to score a point, this spec can keep knocking them away from the objective. It really shines if they are going for #3...you send them all flying off the cliff/wall and away from the objective.

Blighted Antechamber: my favorite map for this spec. Get to the Spire and defend it. You can literally knock their entire team off this objective if they are grouped up. Cap it, drop a core and keep knocking the enemy off as soon as they teleport up there. You don't have to kill anyone...just keep sending them flying! They will get pissed and they will send their entire team to take the Spire...which is great because that means your team has free reign on the rest of the map!

+ Reply to Thread