+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Serrated Blades Question

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Serrated Blades Question

    Full upgraded, the tooltip states that it bleeds the target of your critical hits for 300% of weapon damage over six seconds. Does anyone know what qualifies as 'weapon damage'? Does that include bonuses from Attack Power, or not? How about the critical bonus damage?

    For example, I critically hit someone for 150 points of damage. What's the DoT from Serrated Blades? 450, from the full damage x3? 300 from the base damage x3? Or, less if the 100 base hit included Attack Power bonus that is not included in the 'weapon damage'?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Full upgraded, the tooltip states that it bleeds the target of your critical hits for 300% of weapon damage over six seconds. Does anyone know what qualifies as 'weapon damage'? Does that include bonuses from Attack Power, or not? How about the critical bonus damage?

    For example, I critically hit someone for 150 points of damage. What's the DoT from Serrated Blades? 450, from the full damage x3? 300 from the base damage x3? Or, less if the 100 base hit included Attack Power bonus that is not included in the 'weapon damage'?
    Weapon damage is a stat listed on each weapon as I recall.
    Last edited by KnowBuddy; 02-01-2011 at 12:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    This is from some forum user (rich somethin or other) who says he did some tests for weapon dmg:

    "...after a few tests, i found out 'Weapon damage' is a formula based on your weapons DPS and your attack power."

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffie View Post
    This is from some forum user (rich somethin or other) who says he did some tests for weapon dmg:

    "...after a few tests, i found out 'Weapon damage' is a formula based on your weapons DPS and your attack power."
    Interesting. Can you provide a reference? I'd like to know more.

    Nevermind, found it Here

    Not anymore information provided by rich1051414 than what Snuffie quoted. This would be worth testing. I am interested in knowing if "Weapon Damage" is an interaction between base weapon damage and Attack Power, if it is just the stat listed on the weapon tooltip (which is definitely named something very similar to "Weapon Damage" if not exactly that), or both (meaning the stat listed on a weapon tooltip is modified by Attack Power and base damage is not shown).
    Last edited by KnowBuddy; 02-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Aglethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Full upgraded, the tooltip states that it bleeds the target of your critical hits for 300% of weapon damage over six seconds. Does anyone know what qualifies as 'weapon damage'? Does that include bonuses from Attack Power, or not? How about the critical bonus damage?

    For example, I critically hit someone for 150 points of damage. What's the DoT from Serrated Blades? 450, from the full damage x3? 300 from the base damage x3? Or, less if the 100 base hit included Attack Power bonus that is not included in the 'weapon damage'?
    It's the base damage listed on the weapon itself (not sure if it's being modified by AP or not, hard to tell from looking at it, without having the weapons to check off of), not the damage that attacks do.

    The leaked alpha notes list it as changing a bit in the next patch. They'll deal a smaller percentage of weapon damage, but weapon damage is supposed to be being increased across the board, and it'll be normalized off of weapon DPS instead of the raw damage range of a weapon, so it should favour daggers more now.

    -Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    It's the base damage listed on the weapon itself (not sure if it's being modified by AP or not, hard to tell from looking at it, without having the weapons to check off of), not the damage that attacks do.

    The leaked alpha notes list it as changing a bit in the next patch. They'll deal a smaller percentage of weapon damage, but weapon damage is supposed to be being increased across the board, and it'll be normalized off of weapon DPS instead of the raw damage range of a weapon, so it should favour daggers more now.

    -Aglethe
    Those same notes also indicate that it will apply to ranged weapons also...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts