+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Revamp Ideas

Rift Disciple

Default Ranger Revamp Ideas

As we know the Ranger is being revamped. What ideas do you have that you would like to see?

A small change I'd like to see is for the pet heal Rejuvenate to be able to crit. It would then benefit from the crit heal procs from some of the weapons, and the crit heal buff from Ravenous Instincts.

Feel free to post your ideas
    Last edited by Nuadu; 05-25-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Diffuse : 75% dmg reduction over 5 secons from 100% dmg reduction over 10 seconds

10% flat dmg increase

GG
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Diffuse : 75% dmg reduction over 5 secons from 100% dmg reduction over 10 seconds

10% flat dmg increase

GG
    Well, considering it seems to be moving in the direction of a soloing soul, I think reducing a survivability aspect of the spec would be the opposite direction. I do agree that rejuvinate should be able to crit though. I'd like to see an AoE fear or stun though. Maybe 6-8 seconds or until damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Plane Touched

Ranger is being revamped? I thought they already revamped it to make it good at leveling but **** at max level so people couldn't use the pet to screw up raid mechanics any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Quwo View Post
    Ranger is being revamped? I thought they already revamped it to make it good at leveling but **** at max level so people couldn't use the pet to screw up raid mechanics any more.
    No, that's what it's being revamped into (the good at lvling thing)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Ascendant

Ranger is not good at soloing/levelling, at all, if you compare it to other Rogue souls (well, fine, except Physician and pure Riftstalker if you really want to split hairs). Yes it can kill garden variety weak enemies one on one but so can absolutely anything.

It's squishy as heck, the tank pet is extremely unreliable against more than a single enemy and the soul's AoE ability is virtually non-existent. There's no way anyone who knows what they're doing would put it in the same category as Bladedancer or, heck, even Nightblade (Living Flame + Touch of Darkness can at least blow up a pack every minute) in this regard.

Before anything else Ranger would need some at least half way respectable AoE capability (at least in the same ballpark as Nightblade) to even consider using it as a real solo spec.
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-26-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

pet needs (better)passive healing. Tank pet needs to be on par with Ele pet for soloing. PVP pet needs better PVP abilities like Water elemental.

http://youtu.be/jW7SvOpKplA

Rain of arrows would be great if it could work like this
    Click target location and has a delay of 2-3 seconds giving chance to use 2 other AoE damage skills to create a spike damage. Skills like.........

wide shot - cone AoE that fires 8 arrows in different directions

Explosive arrow - when fired at an enemy it explodes hitting all near by enemy's and causing fire damage over time.

Also I think Ranger should be a bow only class like it is in all the other MMO's I've played

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Konlict View Post
    Also I think Ranger should be a bow only class like it is in all the other MMO's I've played
    All of Ranger's attacks already are ranged attacks.

Unless you're implying preventing characters equipping Guns when using Ranger as one of your souls; which is daft for a whole laundry list of reasons.
    Last edited by Kedon; 06-04-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    All of Ranger's attacks already are ranged attacks.

Unless you're implying preventing characters equipping Guns when using Ranger as one of your souls; which is daft for a whole laundry list of reasons.
    Because guns are stupid with annoying sound effects imo also hence the skill "rain of arrows" rifles go bang!!! And fire arrows???

No one I've seen plays with guns, even if they have a gun equipped they have a bow selected in wardrobe.

Plane Walker

It would be pretty depressing if ranger was re done before sab or tac.

Ranger should loose the pets and be able to transform into creatures, then maybe this game will have a lot less lag.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Konlict View Post
    Because guns are stupid with annoying sound effects imo also hence the skill "rain of arrows" rifles go bang!!! And fire arrows???

No one I've seen plays with guns, even if they have a gun equipped they have a bow selected in wardrobe.
    Then use a bow in your wardrobe. Don't selfishly demand a complete overhaul of the game's system just to suit your whims. Especially when it's something that you can so easily take care of for yourself.
    Last edited by Kedon; 06-04-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Plane Walker

If you are making a simple fun leveling spec for new players,

- a passive that prevents you from being unhorsed by mobs. You ride to your quest destination, mobs can't knock you off your mount.

- an aggro drop on a short CD with no additional effects. Something like WoW hunter's feign death or whatever it's called. You are running to your quest mob, you are chased by mobs you don't care about, you aggro drop, mobs run back, and you keep running. No entering stealth, no slow down, no dps boost or whatever other additional effects, just simple convenient aggro drop for avoiding annoying mobs.

- high running speed. There's the fleeting instincts buff, it could be even more powerful for soloing. Maybe make it 40% or so out of combat, 15 or 20% in combat. Sexy for low level soloers without a good mount.

- Fewer dps skills. Soloers don't need a big rotation, and new players aren't going to use a big rotation anyway. Maybe some would add a bunch of skills into a macro, but where's the fun in that. There are enough souls with a lot of skills already. Keep it simple.

- Instead of dps skills, create more pets. Make it fun. Create a stable of pets, like 10 or more. Not just one (bad) pet for tanking, one pet for dps, one (bad) pet for PVP. Some pets can be good at aoe tanking, some pets can have high health for solo tanking tough mobs, some can have high dps against specific type mobs (e.g. high dps against undead, fire, earth type mobs, lower dps against life, water, air mobs). Some can be more versatile, others less versatile. Create a lot of viable pet types with distinct looks and abilities, stats, strengths and weaknesses. Once you create these types, you could even put some more visual skins into store for each type.
    Last edited by Yakmir; 06-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakmir View Post
    If you are making a simple fun leveling spec for new players,

- Fewer dps skills. Soloers don't need a big rotation, and new players aren't going to use a big rotation anyway. Maybe some would add a bunch of skills into a macro, but where's the fun in that. There are enough souls with a lot of skills already. Keep it simple.
    Is it possible to want that for ranger...?
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

about a year ago there was a rework being talked about by vladd with a new type of pet and everything, but here we are today with ranger pretty much the same as it was then. i wonder what happened to all of the work done? a few rogues i knew were even testing it..

weird.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast