+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Love for Rangers

Rift Disciple

Default No Love for Rangers

I admit it; I'm a ranger because it's easy. I can get lost in a closet; I have no spatial awareness. Through all the convoluted instances of WOW, I could master any mechanic, but ask me to move out of the way of the wave or find that niche in the wall to hide from Gruul and I am the first one dead! The ranger allows me to focus on where I'm to run or what I'm to aim at or which add to down because I don't have to also worry about which half dozen keys I need to press in what precise order. It's really too bad it's one of the most reviled classes in the game ... and that's only because it can't compete in DPS with some of its kindred souls --- and that's not the ranger's fault. I really wish that they'd improve the DPS potential so it could get a little more respect.

Plane Touched

Switch to Marksman. It has all those advantages and doesn't suck

Or play bard... all you have to do there is pop all of your raid CD's every 30 seconds and phone in the DPS/heals (in a dungeon or raid. omg don't try to solo with this )

My point: Complaining about the state of a soul is pretty pointless since even if the limited Trion staff decides it's worth focusing on this, it's going to take weeks of testing time to rebalance the soul before they're ready for a PTS version, much less a live one.
    Might as well just spend a couple days learning a useful soul and let them take care of ranger when they see nobody wants to use it any more.
    Last edited by Quwo; 05-16-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Rift Disciple Definitelynotblitzcrank's Avatar

Please no, there was far too long a time during Storm Legion where Ranger was the only competitive ranged damage rogues had access to. Please don't ask for them to be put back in that same position again. marksman was recently buffed to make it so ranger was no longer top ranged dps for rogues and all the rogues I know are very happy with this change.

Please don't ask for them to bring back the dark days of ranger. Although i do love saying "Rain of Arrows"
    Last edited by Definitelynotblitzcrank; 05-16-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    Toke, Mcbong, Meee@Deepwood, Madbomber@Hailol
    MS 5/5 RoF 4/4 TF 3/3 HK 10/11 GP 4/4
    Ordained Priest of the Dudeist Church

Rift Disciple

Arent they in the process of revamping the Ranger soul?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Arent they in the process of revamping the Ranger soul?
    They were but it's on hold at the moment. The new calling is taking most of the class dev time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    They were but it's on hold at the moment. The new calling is taking most of the class dev time.
    Whens this new calling suppose to arrive? And what is the calling?
    Last edited by Nuadu; 05-17-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Ascendant

We know very little, almost nothing, about it so far. Internally it's reportedly called 'Primalist' though that could just be a working title and is unlikely set in stone. Apparently it's aimed to be complete this year at some point but, again, I wouldn't take that as a guarantee.

Personally I'd have preferred it if the existing souls were worked on first, there's a good many, across all four callings, that may as well not exist for all the use they are, but I guess it's too late to complain about that.
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-17-2015 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread