+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spowers454

Thread: Purge

Soulwalker

Default Purge

Why are rogues still confined to playing marksman if they need to purge? I understood the need to place it high in the tree when it had insanely short cd, but this times are long gone.

Mages only need to put 6 points in necro, so they can get a 5 sec cd purge in virtually any spec they want.

Clerics need 12 points in inq, so again they can get purge in any spec they want, if they don't mind losing 61 point ability, they can even get aoe purge if needed, by putting 16 points in cabalist.

Warriors have to invest either into bm, but this purge is spammable, they can also get one in VK, and even though the point investment is higher than for clerics and mages, its still much much closer than rogues (44).

Can't we bring Eradicate somewhere closer? So we have more room to manouver, like 12-15 points?

If purge was available in every spec without sacrificing DPS or something then there'd really be no point in making purge a thing (at least in PvE).

In general I think it's a good thing to force tradeoffs between utility and DPS. One could argue it should be moved higher in the mage trees.

I'm not sure if you're coming at this from a PvE or PvP perspective. I've never really felt a problem with it in either, though.

Ascendant

You do sacrifice a decent amount to get a purge in Cleric specs i know (unless of course playing 61 Inquis/cab), so I don't think his point is off at all here. It is nice to have some variety and not have it be play 61 MM for a purge or you don't have one.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 05-15-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Completely agree its about time the slack rouges started to purge again instead of the clerics having to do all the utility work.

To be honest, I think it's fine where it is. I can't say I've ever been in a situation where I needed a purge and there wasn't an inquis or I couldn't just go Marksman. I think for pve rogues have the least flexibility when it comes to 61 point builds, however I wouldn't say that the location of the purge on the MM tree is one of the things that needs to be changed. I use MM as a subsoul for Sab and bard and I rarely need to purge when using either of those specs so it really wouldn't change a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

And you know the number of specs that Mages can take for the purge? Zero. Because all specs lose insane amounts to swap.

Pyros lose 6% damage buff + 4% crit chance. Chloros lose 10% SP and 1% crit chance. Arbiters lose 10% passive damage and 4% base HP. Other mage specs literally cannot get it cause it compromises the build stupid-hard.

Only Warlocks can pick up the purge without huge detriment because they already spec that heavily into Necro, but they're well under MM in damage.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    And you know the number of specs that Mages can take for the purge? Zero. Because all specs lose insane amounts to swap.

Pyros lose 6% damage buff + 4% crit chance. Chloros lose 10% SP and 1% crit chance. Arbiters lose 10% passive damage and 4% base HP. Other mage specs literally cannot get it cause it compromises the build stupid-hard.

Only Warlocks can pick up the purge without huge detriment because they already spec that heavily into Necro, but they're well under MM in damage.
    Cyclone

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Cyclone
    Ew. Why would you do such a thing to yourself? Reliance on 2 minute CD OP.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Use to be on the move MM purge lower like other classes kick but have figured out it isn't happening. Did have another solution though, add one to riftstalker. That way every class has a tank purge, or can sub soul to get 1. As for where to add it I had a couple thoughts.

1) Remove stalker phase and make it a 2 buff purge -16 point investment
    Only use I have ever seen from stalker phase is making OP/silly tanky pvp specs

2) Add rift barrier to rift guard add the purge in place of rift barrier -16 point investment
    Wouldn't change anything spec or playstyle wise just a simple place to put it

3) Add it as an additional root ability at 10/12/14 point
    This would give use something like the 12 inq gets. You can spec into it from any soul at a dps/hps cost. This would be a higher loss since its a tank soul and anything over 5 points really hurts dps, which is why I started at 10 point root. Any placement 15 or lower would work though.
    Last edited by spowers454; 05-26-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Use to be on the move MM purge lower like other classes kick but have figured out it isn't happening. Did have another solution though, add one to riftstalker. That way every class has a tank purge, or can sub soul to get 1. As for where to add it I had a couple thoughts.

1) Remove stalker phase and make it a 2 buff purge -16 point investment
    Only use I have ever seen from stalker phase is making OP/silly tanky pvp specs

2) Add rift barrier to rift guard add the purge in place of rift barrier -16 point investment
    Wouldn't change anything spec or playstyle wise just a simple place to put it

3) Add it as an additional root ability at 10/12/14 point
    This would give use something like the 12 inq gets. You can spec into it from any soul at a dps/hps cost. This would be a higher loss since its a tank soul and anything over 5 points really hurts dps, which is why I started at 10 point root. Any placement 15 or lower would work.
    Would love to see that happen, this way noone could complain that there's no penalty to getting it.

+ Reply to Thread